UFC needs more mismatches

I dont know bro, maybe the beef and stories were manufactured but when those guys were getting hit you could see the shots were making impact.

ya maybe . I just remember being turned off by the "beef" that at least seemed fake as hell.

Well recently we had Valentina vs some poor girl and it created a lot whining

More flying dollies and pop cans too

Granted it's great that every fighter more or less is world class and fights are competitive however it would build fights up if we had longer win streaks and impressive demolition jobs. (which would also mean a lot more ko's and fun finishes)

Just hire a bunch of 12-10 kinda characters and have your prospects go through them like butter. That way when they face someone decent it will mean a lot more.

It's hard to get excited when fighters alternate wins and losses all the time....
Please stop talking. Forever.

Mod - can we close new member sign-ups for a month? Just to cleanse our palate.

Please stop talking. Forever.

Mod - can we close new member sign-ups for a month? Just to cleanse our palate.

Lol let me guess you post here a lot and here and only here in life you feel like you're a big shot.

Pride did this and it was a good marketing tool but what if that jobber beats your golden goose? Fujita almost beat a prime Fedor. That would have been a disaster. What if Zulu would have landed something etc...It's a gamble.

Lol let me guess you post here a lot and here and only here in life you feel like you're a big shot.
Let me guess you discovered MMA by watching TUF.

Flick yourself in the eye with a shard of glass. Thanks in advance.

Granted it's great that every fighter more or less is world class and fights are competitive however it would build fights up if we had longer win streaks and impressive demolition jobs. (which would also mean a lot more ko's and fun finishes)

Just hire a bunch of 12-10 kinda characters and have your prospects go through them like butter. That way when they face someone decent it will mean a lot more.

It's hard to get excited when fighters alternate wins and losses all the time....
That's what fights outside the UFC are for you goof. The UFC is the playoffs. There's only prospects.

How much this sport sucks that virtually every fight in the UFC is meaningful, and people complain that there aren't enough meaningless fights.

I've been watching mma from day 1 kiddo.
Day 1. Cool. Tell us. What day is that? Be specific.

Also, flick shard of glass in eye soon.

This is actually a great point. Boxing builds stars the right way. And if you want to keep it in the MMA world, PRIDE knew how to build stars. You do it slowly and you do it by giving potential star fighters winnable fights. Who doesn't love going back and watching Wanderlei Silva and Cro Cop smashing some Japanese bums?

If you think you have a star in the making, then let's try to build him up. Advertise him on a free card against some low level competition. Just like in the old WWF days. You turned on wrestling on a Saturday afternoon and Jake the Snake just walks thru the Brooklyn Brawler. Next week, the Ultimate Warrior will take on the Brawler.

But the way the UFC does it, the SECOND a guy gets a little hype going, they feed him to the wolves. Next thing you know, this potential star who was just starting to get some popularity, has lost a title fight. Now what? Immediate rematch! And if he loses again? Well, now it's to the back of the line. And if wins the rematch? Rubber match! It all just happens so quickly. Guys need "tune up" fights. But I notice UFC fans aren't exactly the patient sort of fan and this probably won't fly for most people. But just constantly putting the best vs. the best will just burn fighters out much quicker.

That's what fights outside the UFC are for you goof. The UFC is the playoffs. There's only prospects.

How much this sport sucks that virtually every fight in the UFC is meaningful, and people complain that there aren't enough meaningless fights.

sherdog. Where nerds and virgins act like tough guys. Love it .

This is actually a great point. Boxing builds stars the right way.

And if you want to keep it in the MMA world, PRIDE knew how to build stars. You do it slowly and you do it by giving potential star fighters winnable fights. Who doesn't love going back and watching Wanderlei Silva and Cro Cop smashing some Japanese bums?[/QUOTE]
The world doesn't want to go back. That's why Japanese MMA is failing.

Also, that's not *exactly* how Boxing cultivates stars. Or it would be impossible to know who was capable of meeting top talent later on.

If you think you have a star in the making, then let's try to build him up. Advertise him on a free card against some low level competition. Just like in the old WWF days. You turned on wrestling on a Saturday afternoon and Jake the Snake just walks thru the Brooklyn Brawler. Next week, the Ultimate Warrior will take on the Brawler.
Wrestling is fake.

But the way the UFC does it, the SECOND a guy gets a little hype going, they feed him to the wolves.
Not true.

Next thing you know, this potential star who was just starting to get some popularity, has lost a title fight. Now what? Immediate rematch! And if he loses again? Well, now it's to the back of the line. And if wins the rematch? Rubber match!
Over simplification.

It all just happens so quickly. Guys need "tune up" fights. But I notice UFC fans aren't exactly the patient sort of fan and this probably won't fly for most people. But just constantly putting the best vs. the best will just burn fighters out much quicker.

Yeah, they should stop the Olympics too?

I would fight any WMMA fighters for $1000.

This is actually a great point. Boxing builds stars the right way. And if you want to keep it in the MMA world, PRIDE knew how to build stars. You do it slowly and you do it by giving potential star fighters winnable fights. Who doesn't love going back and watching Wanderlei Silva and Cro Cop smashing some Japanese bums?

But the way the UFC does it, the SECOND a guy gets a little hype going, they feed him to the wolves. Next thing you know, this potential star who was just starting to get some popularity, has lost a title fight. Now what? Immediate rematch! And if he loses again? Well, now it's to the back of the line. And if wins the rematch? Rubber match! It all just happens so quickly. Guys need "tune up" fights. But I notice UFC fans aren't exactly the patient sort of fan and this probably won't fly for most people. But just constantly putting the best vs. the best will just burn fighters out much quicker.

I'm new here. How do I like this 10 times? I can only do once..

Back