Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

Why do you have fight pass for Europe but not America? And that would still be inaccurate because we still have to buy every ppv while you do not.
I think he is saying they don't have espn+ in the UK so for the early prelims they have to have fight pass. Im in the US, and i don't have fight pass so i don't know if the early prelims are on fight pass in the US or not, anyway you look at it, its a cluster fuck.

Why are you listing numbered events? FIGHT NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SAID "YOU HAVE TO PAY $100 CABLE JUST TO GET BASIC FIGHT NIGHTS"

View attachment 601303

A numbered event is not a "basic fight night" (once a month)

UFC on ESPN is not a "basic fight night"

The "Fight Nights" which is the majority of events, are on ESPN+, there have been two exceptions to that in 6 months, Cejudo v Dillashaw and Gustafsson v Smith were on ESPN2

but apart from that

of the eleven "Basic fight nights" all the main cards were on ESPN+, and 9 of the 11 prelims were on espn+

View attachment 601307

So no, you do not need to spend $100 a month on cable to get basic fight nights.. you can get them for $5.99

Are you an idiot? I just told you every event is numbered. Every ESPN+ card has a number behind it. So according to your logic there are no fight nights? The card coming up this weekend is UFC on ESPN+ 12. And it's prelims air on ESPN2, not ESPN+.

And you are pulling your 9/11 number out of your ass. Gustafsson/Smith prelims were not on ESPN+. Nor Jacare/Hermansson. Not Overeem/Oleynik. Not Błachowicz/Santos. Not Cejudo/Dillashaw. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stick to what you know.

I think he is saying they don't have espn+ in the UK so for the early prelims they have to have fight pass. Im in the US, and i don't have fight pass so i don't know if the early prelims are on fight pass in the US or not, anyway you look at it, its a cluster fuck.

The early prelims are still on Fight pass in the US. ESPN+ gives you maybe half of the regular prelims.

The early prelims are still on Fight pass in the US. ESPN+ gives you maybe half of the regular prelims.
I honestly don't even check how many fights are on the prelims, hell, for how watered down cards are now, i probably wouldnt even notice if the main cards were missing fights.

Yeah there have been a few fight cards at 5AM eastern time in the US and I couldn't bring myself to wake up to see it. I think it was a Mark Hunt fight. I couldn't imaging doing that every event but I'm sure they have a replay. I'd probably avoid the internet and watch that.
Agreed.

I'm on the west coast so events are over by 930- 10 and start around 3 in the afternoon so afterwards you can still go out and enjoy your Saturday night.

Every once in a while it dawns on me that these events are starting at 10 at night if you're watching in the East which seems crazy to me, lol.

West coast is definitely the best place to be as a sports fan.

UFC “forcing” fans to pay for fight.

Love the wording. Like the UFC is putting a gun to your head forcing you to hand your wallet over. Makes some of you pussies feel like a victim.

Thread should say: UFC Ends Free PPV’s for British Crybabies

Boo hoo..you have to pay for shit.

I truly can not remember the last PPV I paid for. Florian/Penn, I think?

Any Briton who has been following MMA for long enough, going back before BT Sport, Bravo, and so on, is already firmly entrenched in piracy circles because that used to be the only way to follow it. The way to overcome piracy is to A) Focus on the next generation who haven't developed a habit for piracy yet, and B) Promise more convenience than piracy can offer.

BT have lost me on both counts. I pay a BT Sports subscription and still just torrent the events I want to watch because fast forwarding in VLC Player the next day is so much more convenient.

I don't think that this is justifiable given the fact that European fans have to stay up all night to watch these cards live.

What do you UK guys think about this?

Tbh if you're going to institute a paywall it's only fair to hit everyone. Not so sure that's business savvy but I don't think people are going to complain. Brits can stream or go to restaurants as alternatives also. It's been a long time since your only choice to watch a PPV fight was to order it at home.

What price are they asking how many quid? lol

"UFC now forcing British fans..."

Lol, dats why you need gunz stupid

Linking this again, just because these guys nail it and if anyone wants to sign the petition, it's in the description of the video on Youtube.

Why do you have fight pass for Europe but not America? And that would still be inaccurate because we still have to buy every ppv while you do not.
Because there us no espn+ here, So all the espn+ stuff, early prelims, contender series etc is on fightpass

What I always find hilarious is when fans measure the event solely by gate, USA PPV numbers or USA ratings.

My dudes, the UFC is broadcast around the world. They are making money everywhere.

Its getting there, keep signing it.
https://www.change.org/p/btsports-stop-btsports-charging-ppv-for-ufc-in-the-uk

Am guessing by fight week, social media and rest of UK will be saying wtf am paying already

I guess this just has to be linked around more, same with the video too as this supports the petition.

If fans cave and give in to this they're only doing it to themselves because if BT Sport make the money and fans cave like they want them to, they're just going to do it more and more.

If fans buy it and they do it again (which they will if they do) then we only have ourselves to blame.

I guess this just has to be linked around more, same with the video too as this supports the petition.

If fans cave and give in to this they're only doing it to themselves because if BT Sport make the money and fans cave like they want them to, they're just going to do it more and more.

If fans buy it and they do it again (which they will if they do) then we only have ourselves to blame.

Yup told this to 2 other mates the other day and they said there still buying it.

Yup told this to 2 other mates the other day and they said there still buying it.

More fool them, they're stinging other UFC fans by doing this also however of course if they want to buy it, they can but they're only asking for more of this when BT Sport do it even more (which they absolutely will), it's ruining the sport and hurting the growth of it too here.

Not to mention the fact BT Sport have taken this way from some fans completely. Some of the platforms where they have subscribers from haven't even updated their platforms with the new BT Sport Box Office channel so they can't even access it, it's so selfish, big time.

As I say, if we fans buy into it, we have only ourselves to blame for doing so when this happens more often (and as many have explained it's not just about the money with this, there's so many aspects as to why this is very important).

What I always find hilarious is when fans measure the event solely by gate, USA PPV numbers or USA ratings.

My dudes, the UFC is broadcast around the world. They are making money everywhere.
It’s America mate, for the most part they aren’t aware of the rest of the world

Back