PBP UFC on ABC 5 - Emmett vs. Topuria Official PBP Discussion - Sat 6/23 at 11:30 AM ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
He has like 8 submission wins including the one against Mitchell who is a BJJ guy.
I must have missed that one, just felt like he had some choice sub opportunities at the end there when Emmitt was turtling.

Fair enough. He played it safe though. That’s what I’m saying. I’m not saying he didn’t have a great performance, he did. He beat the shit out of Emmett and nearly got him out of there. He took the 5th off knowing he was up. That’s my opinion
Oh, I understand.... In Topuria's defense his corner was asking for the takedown, and I could see why, Emmit is a monster.

Berlanga tonight. He isn’t who he was getting built up to be, yet, but still worth a watch
i put some pocket change on quigley. not a particularly good fighter but he has pop which is all you need against berlanga.

How is it not a 10-7? The corner should have thrown in the towel and the ref could have stopped it multiple times without anyone complaining.

It’s a 10-8 round, I’d say.

The damage that accumulated throughout the fight is what made a possible corner or doctor stoppage legit.

A 10-7 is like Edgar/Maynard II rd 1 where he beat Edgar around the cage for like 4 minutes imo.

i put some pocket change on quigley. not a particularly good fighter but he has pop which is all you need against berlanga.
The o/u is like 4.5 too. Tempting

You're right Shev, Grasso, Blanchfield, Santos, Fiorot and Rose are all bums..... Barber arguably earned a crack to prove she's at their level by finishing a very skilled fighter and this is the response?

Since when is Rose a 125er? As for jobbers like Blanchfield, Santos, and Fiorot, of course Barber is on their level.

Take at look at these rankings and try to tell me another division that's this bad

w125.jpg

It’s a 10-8 round, I’d say.

The damage that accumulated throughout the fight is what made a possible corner or doctor stoppage legit.

A 10-7 is like Edgar/Maynard II rd 1 where he beat Edgar around the cage for like 4 minutes imo.

They changed the rules on 10-8 long time ago. We should be seeing more of them but we don't.

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

Clearly a 10-7 round

You fucking shit. Lol, that explains a lot. :p

Hope it wasn't too much, I know how it feels. Ha
Lol na it was a little one. I don’t think it made a difference in how I would’ve perceived it anyway but maybe my need to voice it lol

Back