UFC on ESPN+ 21 Magomedsharipov vs Kattar

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
8YXsViq.jpg

Kattar, volkov, Herman, Yakolev, Ankaleav, khabilov
Kattar in a fight against a russian that you can't fucking hit which probably goes to a decision in Moscow? I know the odds but ehhh. How do you see Kattar taking this?

And against your beloved Hardy? wtf...

Ankaleav, more like Thankaleav for being playable. Craig toyed with him for 14:59 before showing mercy but aside from that all Magomed has to do is avoid a meme finish here....oh fuck...

Kattar in a fight against a russian that you can't fucking hit which probably goes to a decision in Moscow? I know the odds but ehhh. How do you see Kattar taking this?

And against your beloved Hardy? wtf...

Ankaleav, more like Thankaleav for being playable. Craig toyed with him for 14:59 before showing mercy but aside from that all Magomed has to do is avoid a meme finish here....oh fuck...
A sad, sad day for me to bet against Hardy

Hardy can legit win if he goes nuts in the 1st for a brawl but i dont think hell go that route,
If Hardy does anything else hes way outclassed here

Im not sold on Zabit tbh, his cardio is very suspect imo but he and his mega head are indestructible and maybe relying on a decision to go your way in Russia aint a good idea...
But recent judge emphasis on striking + power = a nod to Kattar here

A sad, sad day for me to bet against Hardy

Hardy can legit win if he goes nuts in the 1st for a brawl but i dont think hell go that route,
If Hardy does anything else hes way outclassed here

Im not sold on Zabit tbh, his cardio is very suspect imo but he and his mega head are indestructible and maybe relying on a decision to go your way in Russia aint a good idea...
But recent judge emphasis on striking + power = a nod to Kattar here
Yeah would not surprise me at all if Hardy now thinks he's a process fighter after the Sosoli non-win win.

I've always thought highly of Kattar and these new school upgrades of Dom Cruz, like Sandhagen as well, but what is Zabit if not the rat-faced king of that style right now? I love the price you're getting on your guy though. I went heavy on the slow WH Zabit line myself.

People talking about Zabit...

tenor.gif

Zabits striking is overvalued. His butter is his wrestling which isnt unbreakable imo. Kattar is far and away the best opponent Zabit has faced. Hesitant to go more than 2.5u at +205 since Calvin got wrecked by Moicano who's been ko'd back to back and had a competitive fight with that regional bum Ortega.

Feel like Ank could/should be out at -400. Dalcha kinda sucks.

Don't think Kattar has much to trouble Zabit. At a minimum you need constant forward pressure to gas Zabit and Kattar's always been more content to sit at range with his lead leg wide open. When he does come forward as well it's not consistent and he doesn't cut off the cage effectively. Zabit can easily chop that lead leg down at range to kill any forward momentum and circle out fine. Kattar doesn't have much of a kicking game either which limits his range striking a lot and he'll need all the range he can get with Zabit. Even Stephens at least had solid power, forward pressure and something of a kicking game and we saw how much he struggled striking.

Likewise Kattar's not shown any particularly great grappling only half decent wrestling but you'll need a lot more than that to shut down Zabit's grappling game. It's a big assumption to think that Kattar can stuff that. Guys like Moraes and Stephens have shown decent TDD outside of the fights with Zabit and he ragdolled them both with ease.

If it was 5 rounds Kattar would have a much better chance but he doesn't really have the style to gas Zabit in 3, win rounds or the power or technique to give him much of a KO chance. Really tough fight for him.

Last edited:
Khabilov price holding is a bit of a surprise.

Yeah he lost to CDF (who is top 6 at LW IMO) but Khan went to war with Akman. It's like long term top 20 versus a dude who I'm not even sure if UFC talent.

Feel like Ank could/should be out at -400. Dalcha kinda sucks.
You really think dulcha is that bad or is ank that good? I can’t remember much of him but I remember taping dulcha.

Dulcha has unteachable qualities and superior athleticism. I definitely wouldn’t say he kinda sucks

this could be a case of me making a bad play on an opener. Line movement wise it has definitely been

Don't think Kattar has much to trouble Zabit. At a minimum you need constant forward pressure to gas Zabit and Kattar's always been more content to sit at range with his lead leg wide open. When he does come forward as well it's not consistent and he doesn't cut off the cage effectively. Zabit can easily chop that down at range to kill any forward momentum and circle out fine. Kattar doesn't have much of a kicking game either which limits his range striking a lot and he'll need all the range he can get with Zabit. Even Stephens at least had solid power, forward pressure and something of a kicking game and we saw how much he struggled striking.

Likewise Kattar's not shown any particularly great grappling only half decent wrestling but you'll need a lot more than that to shut down Zabit's grappling game. It's a big assumption to think that Kattar can stuff that. Guys like Moraes and Stephens have shown decent TDD outside of the fights with Zabit and he ragdolled them both with ease.

If it was 5 rounds Kattar would have a much better chance but he doesn't really have the style to gas Zabit in 3, win rounds or the power or technique to give him much of a KO chance. Really tough fight for him.
It is 5 rounds?

Dropped 5U on volkov at opening lines. Think he smokes Hardy inside 1 round & makes it look easy

That's gay.
The main event was changed because JDS is busy getting his throbbing leg hole pumped full of hot antibiotics.

So Greg Hardy made himself open and eager. Short notice Hardy is either gonna fist Volkov really hard right away or he’ll get raped over and over if the fight goes long and hard. Coming from behind on Volkov wouldn’t be the first time though.

Because of this sudden change, Kattar-Zabit was erected to the main event slot. However, both immediately ejaculated complaints about going at each other for 5 rounds. So it was agreed that they could use protection and take the main event slot at 3 rounds instead.

Nothing gay about it man.

Anyone know the judges will be locals or brought in by UFC?

Back