UFC on ESPN 54: Blanchfield vs. Fiorot

You all say Fiorot's TDD is decent,which fight i can see that?don't watch much WMMA
She has good footwork and knows how to fight long. That's the most important part of good TDD.

Nobody knows how this fight is going to play out. But this could end up being very one sided in either direction.

People are crazy betting Weidman, same thing I thought the last 3 fights for people giving Tony Ferguson a chance

Both are finished and should't be fighting anymore

Bruno KO rd 1
i'll be honest tho, i thought Osp was washed and then he showed he still had a chin and grit..

I'm kinda worry about Weidman just putting on a wrestling clinic and managing to win a LnP win.

Likely doesn't happen, but Bruno sometimes flakes. He is kind of like Michael Johnson of middleweights.

Gives Alex ww3 but losses on the feet to Meerchardt. It's like which version are we getting?

How does Petroski stop Malcoun's takedowns? Malcoun's only gameplan is to go for the takedown

How does Petroski stop Malcoun's takedowns? Malcoun's only gameplan is to go for the takedown

That was the same with Maximov and Petroski hit a sweet front headlock to anaconda choke when Nick shot on him.

Working logic is that Petroski should be a strong enough wrestler to not let Malkoun walk all over him, and he did dispose of Maximov rather easily.

It's a bit intriguing for me because Malkoun hasn't exactly outwrestled guys that should've stopped him from applying his game before, unless you count a crippled Maximov as that, but Petroski also hasn't had to fend off the strongest of wrestlers so far.

Can’t believe I’m saying this in 2024 but Weidman might be a play. Ignore his age and injuries, Bruno Silva has looked just as washed and terrible in his last 2 fights. He fights like he's gassed from the first bell. Weidman is still a big, strong guy. I can see him landing some decent shots and getting takedowns in a horrible, sloppy fight where both guys look like they should retire.

Can’t believe I’m saying this in 2024 but Weidman might be a play. Ignore his age and injuries, Bruno Silva has looked just as washed and terrible in his last 2 fights. He fights like he's gassed from the first bell. Weidman is still a big, strong guy. I can see him landing some decent shots and getting takedowns in a horrible, sloppy fight where both guys look like they should retire.

Huh? I went back and rewatched rd 1 of Silva vs Shara Bullet just to make sure I wasn't remembering totally wrong...but no clue why you'd say he looked bad early in that fight. He stalked Shara more of the round than not, landed some big shots, and it was a super competitive round. If he lands those shots on Weidman it's likely over, Shara ate them but I'm guessing his chin is a wee bit better than Chris's at this point.

Chris needs to get his wrestling going early to have a shot imo. If he stands with Bruno he's likely getting KO'd. I just don't know if Chris has the explosiveness to hit TD's anymore.

@Stat_Collector did make a good point about OSP though. I thought he was beyond washed and grabbing one last paycheck but he showed he still has heart and still was fighting to win so I guess we never truly know.

Huh? I went back and rewatched rd 1 of Silva vs Shara Bullet just to make sure I wasn't remembering totally wrong...but no clue why you'd say he looked bad early in that fight. He stalked Shara more of the round than not, landed some big shots, and it was a super competitive round. If he lands those shots on Weidman it's likely over, Shara ate them but I'm guessing his chin is a wee bit better than Chris's at this point.

Chris needs to get his wrestling going early to have a shot imo. If he stands with Bruno he's likely getting KO'd. I just don't know if Chris has the explosiveness to hit TD's anymore.

To be honest, I was going on memory. I just rewatched the first round and he wasn't as bad as I thought. I still think he's washed and not very good overall. If it goes to the second and third, I can see Weidman having some success.

@Stat_Collector did make a good point about OSP though. I thought he was beyond washed and grabbing one last paycheck but he showed he still has heart and still was fighting to win so I guess we never truly know.
That Shara fight is enough reason to me that he seems like pretty big lock to dust Chris easily.

To be honest, I was going on memory. I just rewatched the first round and he wasn't as bad as I thought. I still think he's washed and not very good overall. If it goes to the second and third, I can see Weidman having some success.
Weidman has atrocious gas - itwont get better for him

I think that's fair. I just think if Chris does have success, it's gonna be because he's able to hit TD's and use his superior grappling. I think when it's standing he gets pieced up.

That said, I thought the same of OSP vs Kennedy lately so...

Bit of line movement the last few days, Bruno Silva available around -200 on many sites for those who think Weidman is due to get chinned again, very playable line.

fiorot, jandiroba, petroski and landwehr seem like most obvious dog picks. I see all 4 fights close to 50/50 (as much as petroski sucks). Will also have small plays on Pacheco and Burns as odds are too wide.

god bless anyone laying money on weidman. betting weidman has the same energy as betting diego sanchez at this point.

hate laying juice but i'll be on njokuani, ruziboev, bruno silva, and luque.

I thought about Virna, I liked the odds based on name value but I just couldn't get there. I just think the problem is Loopy should be able to decide where the fight takes place.

I thought about Virna, I liked the odds based on name value but I just couldn't get there. I just think the problem is Loopy should be able to decide where the fight takes place.
massive strength of schedule difference. virna has only lost to studs.

on paper godinez should be able to spawl and brawl. in reality she likes to give her back going for headlocks way too much.

seriously cant believe money keeps coming in on weidman.

massive strength of schedule difference. virna has only lost to studs.

on paper godinez should be able to spawl and brawl. in reality she likes to give her back going for headlocks way too much.

If her whole camp hasn't been designed to avoid any clinch/grappling situations then all her coaches should be fired. She should've had 2 months of nothing but "Disengage!"

She's strong enough to not get stuck on the cage being stalled. If she loses, this is on her and her camp. No way should she not be able to land more and better strikes, avoid the clinch, and win easily on damage.

Bit of line movement the last few days, Bruno Silva available around -200 on many sites for those who think Weidman is due to get chinned again, very playable line.
I appreciate the heads up. I won't be able to watch it, but -200 is definitely within the "playable" threshold for me.

Back