UFC on Fox 5: BJ Penn vs.Rory MacDonald PBP (Discussion)

Facepalm.gif

6rkm89.gif

Rory's getting the Jones treatment now. He destroys some "fan favorites" with huge armies of nuthugging keyboard warriros behind them and all of a sudden everyone hates him hard.

Grow up, kids.

His MMA record states his successes whereas this forum can be used to discuss the other aspects of his career such as whether he's much of a sportsman.

I love the way Rory fights but the showboating sucks.... i'm less of a fan than before but I think he's trying to be a villain too so...

Nick Diaz taunts: OMG THIS IS AWESOME
Rory taunts: wow what a ****y asshole

Diaz does it 'cause he's gangsta, and he slaps his opponents. IMO the fact that he SLAPPED Condit makes him the winner.

Rory is just c*ck guy, so much c*ck. (I wonder why c*ck is censored when fuck is not? In fact why are any words censored on a forum about fighting?)

Your a sad little boy. If BJ never fights again i can go away saying that he was the most awe inspiring fearless fighter to have ever fought.

I'm proud of how he never stopped trying till the end despite being outsized and yeah outclassed.

What's that got to do with anything?
This whining about Rory and his lack of charisma and whatever is just hilarious.

I've always been a Penn-fan but this thread is seriously full of whiney bitches.

Mcdonald needs to get a speaking coach and a lesson in class from GSP. He destroyed bj tonight but he has some growing up to do big time. I would say act like you been there before but he hasnt. Wont earn any fans that way he carried himself tonight.

BJ retire or take your pudgy ass back to lw where you belong if not 145. I am a huge fan but if he wants his legacy in tact he needs to stop with the david and goliath stuff and get serious about being a fighter. There is no one at lw that could handle him like he was handled tonight but he is at 170 because he wont stay in shape. Dana shouldnt even allow him to fight if it isnt at lw or lower. I dont care how much punishment he can take now I worry what he will be like in about 5-10 years with all these poundings from much larger men.

Just my opinion on both fighters.

I'm a massive Rory fan, but the taunting rubbed me the wrong way.

Just finish the fucking fight Rory, that's all the taunting you need.

I have to agree with this . . . Rory fan, but he needs to be more humble, finish.

i honestly felt rory couldve finished him at any time, but just wanted to prolong the beating for 3 rounds

I expected a better fight from Penn, but MacDonald was too much for him. And come one people, stop criticizing MacDonald for being different. At least he didn't say something like "I will fight anyone, whoever UFC puts up against me". I thought him calling out Condit was pretty cool. Whether you love or hate him, MacDonald makes fights more interesting.

The UFC has a gold mine on their hands in Rory. When people love you they flock to watch you and when people hate you they flock watch you.

Rory has already been in many memorable fights. He may end up being the most hated fighter at 170 but people are going to watch his fights.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops down the road.

Amazing how pussy modern mma fans.. caring so much about a guys personality. Seriously, get off the boards you effeminate man sluts.

Rory usually finishes fights, so you know he was holding back some. BJ is the only guy to not go down from a Rory single leg.

Back