UFC Title Trivia Thread

Ah shit, I should have worded that clue a bit better. Yeah Ronda is an answer. Good call.

I was thinking of someone else and there might be others since I wasn't specific enough. Chris has won since he lost the belt.
Well I can’t think of anyone in modern mma who that might be. Unless carwin never won again after fighting brock, which I doubt, so this might not be one I can answer. But I do need a question for getting a correct answer.

Q: name the champions in the story (C=champion).
C1 is injured and eventually stripped
C2 becomes intern champ and defends a few times.
C3 beats C2.
C1 returns and beats C3.
C4 beats C1
C3 beats C4
C3 fights C5 at a different weight
C5 wins and C3 fails drug test and is stripped of belt
C5 fights for C3s vacant belt and then successfully defends against C1

You are correct.

I was trying not to give it away but I guess I need to phrase the question much more specifically.

I am the only UFC champion in my weight class to ever:

successfuly win a UFC fight in the weight class above my championship weight class.

I fought in Pride and Affliction
Is Anderson Silva beating Sandman Irvin at lhw also an acceptable answer?

Is Anderson Silva beating Sandman Irvin at lhw also an acceptable answer?
Bisping was a champ who won fights in the lhw in the ufc before moving down to mw where he eventually became champ so Anderson wasn’t the only in his weight class to do so.

Well I can’t think of anyone in modern mma who that might be. Unless carwin never won again after fighting brock, which I doubt, so this might not be one I can answer. But I do need a question for getting a correct answer.

Q: name the champions in the story (C=champion).
C1 is injured and eventually stripped
C2 becomes intern champ and defends a few times.
C3 beats C2.
C1 returns and beats C3.
C4 beats C1
C3 beats C4
C3 fights C5 at a different weight
C5 wins and C3 fails drug test and is stripped of belt
C5 fights for C3s vacant belt and then successfully defends against C1

No worries, yeah I was thinking of Jens Pulver.

This one appeared a little tricky at first but defending the interim belt a few times gave Barao away.

C1=Cruz
C2=Barao
C3=TJ
C4=Cody
C5=Henry

No worries, yeah I was thinking of Jens Pulver.

This one appeared a little tricky at first but defending the interim belt a few times gave Barao away.

C1=Cruz
C2=Barao
C3=TJ
C4=Cody
C5=Henry
Jens Pulver. Interesting I forgot he was undefeated the first time they fight.

Yeah there a few give aways in there, the biggest I felt was fighting a champion at a different weight class. But it is hard to wrap the mind around how it’s written. I found it was a very interesting rotation of belts and champions. But you got it correct!

Jens Pulver. Interesting I forgot he was undefeated the first time they fight.

Yeah there a few give aways in there, the biggest I felt was fighting a champion at a different weight class. But it is hard to wrap the mind around how it’s written. I found it was a very interesting rotation of belts and champions. But you got it correct!

It was a unique question, I liked it.

For the next one, this person fought outside the UFC in the fight immediately prior to winning a UFC title. Outside of five fights, they spent their entire career in the UFC and had multiple title defenses. Their first successful title defense was against someone who was coming into the fight with only one loss in over 30 fights.

It was a unique question, I liked it.

For the next one, this person fought outside the UFC in the fight immediately prior to winning a UFC title. Outside of five fights, they spent their entire career in the UFC and had multiple title defenses. Their first successful title defense was against someone who was coming into the fight with only one loss in over 30 fights.
I’m stumped. Frank shamrock? I have no idea how many fights he had outside of the ufc but he only had I think 5 inside the ufc so the chances that he had the same number outside is unlikely. And fighting someone who was 29-1 should be a good hint but I don’t know who it is. I assume this is one of the many champs who I basically only know a tiny bit about.

I’m stumped. Frank shamrock? I have no idea how many fights he had outside of the ufc but he only had I think 5 inside the ufc so the chances that he had the same number outside is unlikely. And fighting someone who was 29-1 should be a good hint but I don’t know who it is. I assume this is one of the many champs who I basically only know a tiny bit about.

I'm fairly certain you know this person well. Another hint: They started and ended their career in the UFC.

It took me awhile to come up with a trivia question that I wanted to ask, which was also title related. Here we go:

Who has the most title fight losses in the UFC and how many?
That's a great question. I have been busy so I bet someone else answered but I'm going to see if I can figure it out.

Final Answer:
I'm going to guess Randy has another one I am forgetting and go Randy Couture with 6.

The prime suspects that come to mind are

Randy
BJ
Uriah Faber (I bet he would be #1 if WEC was included, he lost 3 over there I think)
Joe B

BJ- 5
Jens 1, Hughes 2, GSP 2, Frankie 1&2
And a draw with Caol Uno

Randy- 5 I can think of
(I'm shaky on 90s era)

HW
Brock, Josh Barnett
LHW
Chuck 2&3, Vitor

Faber 4 UFC 7 Zuffa
Renan Barao 1 2
Dom Cruz 2 & 3
(Plus 3 losses in WEC brown 1 2 & Aldo)

Joe B-

Holly
Meisha, Nunes, GDR,

Tim Sylvia-
Mir, Randy, AA, Nog

This fighter defended the belt multiple times and was undefeated in the UFC up to their last successful title defense. After this defense, they fought multiple times in the UFC but lost each fight.
Jen Pulver hit a BAD skid on his way out the door.

Ronda didn't fight multiple tines.

I'm gonna go with Jens Pulver

That’s the challenge. To be specific enough that only 1 person fits but not too much that it narrows down the question and makes it easy.

Hmm. I’ll have to think who else it could be
I have struggle with this and left room for multiples a few times.

I'm fairly certain you know this person well. Another hint: They started and ended their career in the UFC.
Matt Hughes first defense Newton

Hmm. This is tricky.

BJ Penn!!

Edit:

person fought outside the UFC in the fight immediately prior to winning a UFC title.
Beat Hughes in loose Goosey era prior to rigid contracts.

Outside of five fights, they spent their entire career in the UFC and had multiple title defenses.
[X]

Their first successful title defense was against someone who was coming into the fight with only one loss in over 30 fights.
Sean Sherk

Last edited:

Hmm. This is tricky.

BJ Penn!!

Edit:

person fought outside the UFC in the fight immediately prior to winning a UFC title.

Outside of five fights, they spent their entire career in the UFC and had multiple title defenses.
[X]

Their first successful title defense was against someone who was coming into the fight with only one loss in over 30 fights.
Sean Sherk
i thought that too but Sherk was 31-2-1 before the fight

Hmm. This is tricky.

BJ Penn!!

Edit:

[X]

Sean Sherk

i thought that too but Sherk was 31-2-1 before the fight

Yeah it's BJ.

You're right, I fucked up Sherk's record. My apologies. He went into the GSP fight with one loss, not BJ. I have to double check these clues from now on because my memory clearly isn't that great.

Yeah it's BJ.

You're right, I fucked up Sherk's record. My apologies. He went into the GSP fight with one loss, not BJ. I have to double check these clues from now on because my memory clearly isn't that great.
Q:

I coached TUF but never won a UFC fight.

Back