UFC trivia, answer and pose one

Promise I'm not looking this up so I might get details wrong - IIRC it was bantamweights, one fight in WEC and rematch in UFC, maybe that dude who derailed Migue Torres (and letter went to jail for meth?) and the opponent was a Latin guy, "Angel of Death" or something? It was a 1st round choke?
Credit given for not looking it up and getting all the details right.

Try to answer without looking it up
Only answer if you also pose a question

Name a non HW male UFC fighter who won the belt, and had long hair when he won it...
long = past chin

Evan Tanner at MW?

Credit given for not looking it up and getting all the details right.
Awesome! Since I got it right (mostly), here's my question:

Who was the last WEC LHW champion (by beating Stann) and completed the Stann trilogy in the UFC?

Who was the last WEC LHW champion (by beating Stann) and completed the Stann trilogy in the UFC?

Steve Cantwell! Who lost 5 in a row in the UFC before getting cut, which at the time was unheard of.

My turn!

Which fighter holds the record for most wins against current or former champions (UFC/WEC/SF/Pride - Inc. Interim)?

Edit: I just realized I don't actually know the answer to this question. My bad, was rushing to think of a question before someone else guessed Steve. You can choose to answer it or not, but maybe we'll all learn something today!

Steve Cantwell! Who lost 5 in a row in the UFC before getting cut, which at the time was unheard of.

My turn!

Which fighter holds the record for most wins against current or former champions (UFC/WEC/SF/Pride - Inc. Interim)?

Edit: I just realized I don't actually know the answer to this question. My bad, was rushing to think of a question before someone else guessed Steve. You can choose to answer it or not, but maybe we'll all learn something today!
Off the top of my head, I think probably a dude like Clay Guida? He beat Pettis, RDA, pretty sure he fought Gomi, and so on.

!

I'm thinking Fedor

AA, Timmeh, Nog, Coleman, Mir, Rampage, Randleman, (pretty sure there's more)

Werdum or Hendo could be close

Werdum:
Fedor, Cain, Nog, Overeem,

Hendo: Wandy, Fedor, shogun, Bisping* , Franklin Vitor, Nog... I'm pretty.sure he has more I just don't remember who was strike force/wec champion me/lhw
(*Future champ)

Jones: DC, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto, (Bader if you count Bellator), Gus*

Last edited:

So you're asking who has beaten the most people that were a champ (interim included) in at least one of those four orgs?

That's a tough one.

Back