UFC Vegas 82: Brendan Allen vs. Paul Craig, November 18

Chase Hooper (12-3) Vs Jordan Leavitt (11-2)

This match up should be highly entertaining for as long as it lasts.

Chase Hooper has a penchant for wild fights and I expect this one to be no different.

Hooper is only 24 years old and has been showing improvements every fight.

In his last fight he showed that his striking has tremendously improved.

Jordan Leavitt on the other hand is 4 years older and a proven finisher with 8 of his 11 wins coming inside the distance.

It's worth noting that Leavitt's wife is expected to give birth in just four days, which may inject an extra dose of motivation into his performance.

In my prediction this fight doesn't make it to the third round. I'm torn on picking a winner for this fight so I will place a bet on the under 2.5 rounds.

Pick: Under 2.5 Rounds (+124)
What if Chase Hooper has recently found God? Then it will be newfound JesusPower™ vs upcoming DadPower™. It would be interesting though to see if the actual statistics favors fighters that are new parents or about to be parents. I suspect it's mostly situational.

What's the take on Estevam/Johnson? Quite interested in an undefeated prospect at evens vs a Charles who's proven to be mediocre.

Only thing giving me pause is the fact Estevam's weight cut is pretty hard on him.
Estevams last 5 wins seem very legit. Guys with like 20-3, 18-5 records. I don't follow fw division much tho.

What if Chase Hooper has recently found God? Then it will be newfound JesusPower™ vs upcoming DadPower™. It would be interesting though to see if the actual statistics favors fighters that are new parents or about to be parents. I suspect it's mostly situational.

I can't believe Leavitt is +170. He should be the other way around. Hooper has never impressed me. If he wasnt a kid, he wouldn't be considered a UFC fighter.

Estevams last 5 wins seem very legit. Guys with like 20-3, 18-5 records. I don't follow fw division much tho.
I feel like he should win, but after missing weight while also becoming the favorite, I'll just pass.

Anyone playing Allen at -500 is a fucking moron. sorry.
Craig beating Ankelaev, Hill, and Krylov is enough to play here.

He also did better against Andre in their fight, landed some solid kicks. Allen isn't a heavy puncher anyways, relies on kicks and subbing guys who cant grapple. I like too, its a five rounder. I favor Craig to bully later in 4-5 with his superior size and just grapple him down.

He also did better against Andre in their fight, landed some solid kicks. Allen isn't a heavy puncher anyways, relies on kicks and subbing guys who cant grapple. I like too, its a five rounder. I favor Craig to bully later in 4-5 with his superior size and just grapple him down.

Odds are way off, but I think expecting Craig to win is a bit much. He's so damn hittable standing, Allen doesn't need to be a super sharp striker to land.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking a play on Craig at these odds. They're way too wide and Craig has surprised many times. Plus maybe at this weight class he truly will be a bully. I don't think he necessarily looked better vs Andre, iirc Andre just gassed horribly and Craig took advantage. Allen beat Andre like a drum didn't he?

Anyway, Craig has value but thinking he should be favored (if that's what you were implying, which maybe it's not) is a bit much imo.

Well Craig decision is +1600. . .

Probably for a reason though. I wouldn't be surprised if Allen stopped Craig early.

I tried to create a PBP thread, but it said I don't have permissions. Posing in here for now?
EDIT: NVM, got it.

Odds are way off, but I think expecting Craig to win is a bit much. He's so damn hittable standing, Allen doesn't need to be a super sharp striker to land.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking a play on Craig at these odds. They're way too wide and Craig has surprised many times. Plus maybe at this weight class he truly will be a bully. I don't think he necessarily looked better vs Andre, iirc Andre just gassed horribly and Craig took advantage. Allen beat Andre like a drum didn't he?

Anyway, Craig has value but thinking he should be favored (if that's what you were implying, which maybe it's not) is a bit much imo.
Andre and Allen went 40/40 in ss.

He beat him with more ccontrol, Malkoun came close to beating him. tho the judges didn't see it, i remember sweating that scorecard because i had Allen.

I can see Craig reversing Allen and getting top position.

Last edited:
Back