UFC will probably never have a Heavyweight fighter as good as Fedor

I love how Fedor at 27yrs goes on to fight Coleman who is 40yrs and that is considered a elite win towards his epic run. But when Jones is slated to fight the best HW Stipe in the UFC when they are both closer in age and twilight of both their careers, suddenly Stipes out of his prime and somehow Jones isn't because he hasn't loss.
The mileage Fedor (in both fights) and Cro-Cop ("best TDD ever" by stuffing a 40-something year old who telegraphs his shots with no setup) get from Coleman would be hilarious if so many didn't really believe it.

The mileage Fedor (in both fights) and Cro-Cop ("best TDD ever" by stuffing a 40-something year old who telegraphs his shots with no setup) get from Coleman would be hilarious if so many didn't really believe it.

Seriously....Fonzaga looked like Dan Gable in both crocop fights with the mere threat oc a rudimentary striking game

44 year ild Randy mauled Gonzaga

Big ups to cro for pullin out the rematch after being down 20-17... his best win

Reactions: mkt
He didn't cut weight, he was dehydrated from an excess of training, he had 3 guys fighting that weekend on different cards (he's a coach) and was in the gym with them. If he's to be believed he was exhausted and lacking water for at least the 3 days prior to the fight and was really struggling with pains in his knee (which has always bothered him since tweaking it in his first fight with Andy). Unlikely Fedor was on anything for his fight Hendo, he and Hendo were tested by the same athletic commission and as little value as it might hold, I personally don't think Fedor is the type of man to cheat. I don't think he saw any value in it. Could I be wrong? Sure, but it's the vibe I get from him. But like I said he was a LHW coming into the fight with Fedor and had previously been training for LHW fights. Even prior to being booked to fight Fedor he was in regular camp for LHW fights, as he expected to defend his title when he was approached with the offer to fight an MMA legend that he also respected.

It's already been mentioned but he said himself that the weight cut to 185 for the Shields' fight was one of his worst and it affected his cardio for that fight. Believable as Hendo has never shown consistent issues with cardio on the level that he showed in that fight.

Dan was 20 lbs dehydrated from training for a HW fight???

Thats about the dumbest, make believe bullshit I've ever heard.

How did you even come up with such a stupid story?

Last edited:
Fact: Hong Man Choi
Fact: Bigfoot Silva

LHW Jon Jones would have merc'd Fedor when he was in his prime. If randleman can slam him like that, Jonny Boy would have finished him....would have been very easy too.
Pride Drones don't want to accept it, but they know this is truth.

Anyways, so by proxy JBJ is probably the best HW ever already and can reign for another year or 2 if he chooses to.

LHW Jon Jones would have merc'd Fedor when he was in his prime. If randleman can slam him like that, Jonny Boy would have finished him....would have been very easy too.
Pride Drones don't want to accept it, but they know this is truth.

Anyways, so by proxy JBJ is probably the best HW ever already and can reign for another year or 2 if he chooses to.
Pride Drones gonna drone.
Fedor Cultists gonna cult.

When are these sick threads going to end?
I'm afraid I won't live long enough.

I watched Affliction live when Fedor dismantled Arlovski and Sylvia. I watched him decapitate a game Brett Rogers.
But the dream died at the hands of Bigfoot Silva. The mythology went up in smoke.
Every subsequent beating should have beaten sense into his fans.
It didn't.
They shared Fedor's cte.
And now we live in a post Fedor world. Some are vaccinated from the madness.
And others still wallow in insanity.

Just admit you're wrong instead of defending and indefensible position. Overeem also fought Rogers in SF and was clearly roided to the gills in both his fights. Bigfoot tested for Boldenone in the UFC. Barnett tested positive twice in the early UFC, Affliction and in an out-of-competition test later in the UFC. Besides Pride, where he was only tested for one fight in the U.S., Strikeforce was the only major org where he didn't fail a test.
Never said it wasn't possible, simply stated that without conclusive evidence, it's assumption.

Dan was 20 lbs dehydrated from training for a HW fight???

Thats about the dumbest, make believe bullshit I've ever heard.

How did you even come up with such a stupid story?

He was dehydrated from training for LHW fights, which is what he assumed he'd be doing. He covered it in the post fight press conference. So like I said if he's to be believed, he was worn down from having some very intense training camps with his guys and staying fit and healthy for LHW championship bouts. Because he was the LHW champion. Think whatever you like lol

Chael is a bad example, plus are you confident he's been training as hard for the last 10 years of his career compared to before he left UFC? He has a good wrestling skillset, but wrong guy to praise as a black belt lol. He also has some mental blocks when it comes to grappling strangely.

Arona was part of that era and yeah I bet a few adjustments today he'd probably be unsweepable, but he had his last serious fight in 2007. Guys on top stick with positions that they have complete control without possibility of being swept. I remember it happening a few times a card, now the only recent fight I remember with it was Ngannou/Gane lol.
Haha, I wasn’t meaning to make it sound like Chael is Marcelo Garcia or something. And I’m not confident that either he or Fedor trained as hard as they did a decade prior. I’m just saying: there’s a narrative that Fedor could only pull off sweeps or subs because his opponents were one-dimensional with no jiu jitsu, and I don’t think that kind of reasoning holds up. Chael certainly has adequate jiu jitsu training to defend a sweep, and obviously Arona did.

the era was golden. Not sure if I'd say it was a golden age since it wasn't the technical peak of the sport. Maybe it was if you consider MMA to be a composite of martial arts, and you won't if you think it should be its own fighting style unto itself. The era is more relevant to traditional martial arts than the current era.

No Francis isn't just power. If you didn't notice his insane improvements, the leaps and bounds he made in the grappling department in the second fight with Stipe then you just don't know anything about grappling lol Francis turned around after that first loss to Stipe and developed his skillset becoming one of the most complete fighters in the HW division. Displayed his vastly improved grappling against Gane while fighting with a knee injury the whole fight. One legged Francis was able to outstrike and outgrapple a very dangerous heavyweight competitor.

People like to bring up that first Stipe fight or the Lewis fight when discrediting Francis like they weren't FIVE years ago.
He overpowered Stipe in the 2nd and layed on Gane.
Id like to see how that grappling would hold up against Jones.

Let's face it, UFC has never, and most likely will never, have a Heavyweight fighter as good as Fedor. In his prime, Fedor would have made short work of every single UFC Heavyweight fighter thus far. I know this annoys a lot of UFC fans that missed Fedor's epic run in Pride (when it was actually happening) and therefore a lot of these UFC fans would rather hate on something they missed out on rather than acknowledge the truth.

Discuss.

Well.. A large fraction argue that Fedor is the all time greatest.

If you are that.... Nobody is better so duh. The UFC will never have anyone greater than the greatest.

Nice premise

Fedor would not have made short work of any current UFC fighters. I agree that during the Tim Sylvia era, he would have dominated. Not taking anything away from Fedor but he would not be able to fight at HW if he were around today. Might even have to consider MW.

Fedor would not have made short work of any current UFC fighters. I agree that during the Tim Sylvia era, he would have dominated. Not taking anything away from Fedor but he would not be able to fight at HW if he were around today. Might even have to consider MW.
He wouldn’t make short work of any? It’s def true that he’d be undersized, as Fedor is the size of a small LHW (I don’t think he could make 185). But Fedor in his prime was extremely well-rounded and dangerous in all areas, and there aren’t too many HWs that can say that even now.

Jones is, but I really don’t get the impression that current Jones would want any part of the Fedor that fought Nog and Cro Cop. Aspinall maybe?
But in looking at the rankings, Gane is a good striker but his wrestling is lacking and ground game is nonexistent; there’s Pavlovich but there are some questions about his wrestling and ground game, and while he has a sambo background he was never the best sambo practitioner on earth like Fedor was. Current Stipe is washed, Tai is exactly the kind of fighter that Fedor eats for lunch; I like his chances against current Volkov…
You get my point. I don’t really see too many trouble spots for Fedor in the current HW rankings. It’s def better than a few years ago though.

Indeed, nobody like Fedor in the UFC :

As far as i know not a single HW, even the most average one, has ever been brutalized by a 40 years old MW.

Only Fedor managed such a feat...

He was dehydrated from training for LHW fights, which is what he assumed he'd be doing. He covered it in the post fight press conference. So like I said if he's to be believed, he was worn down from having some very intense training camps with his guys and staying fit and healthy for LHW championship bouts. Because he was the LHW champion. Think whatever you like lol
What you typed makes absolutely no sense.

What you typed makes absolutely no sense.

While he was actually full of water because too light for the division : The last time Dan Henderson and Mauricio Rua fought in the fall of 2011, the stage was a lot different. Three months earlier, Henderson had stopped the great Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce, a sneaky little knockout in one of the greatest single rounds on historical record. Here was Dan Henderson, the reigning light heavyweight Strikeforce champion, guzzling water to make the heavyweight minimum. He was game to fight anyone in any of three weight classes, no questions asked.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/...erson-the-shogun-fights-bookend-a-cruel-chasm

But still beat Fedor by KO in the first round <seedat>

Reactions: Kb7
While he was actually full of water because too light for the division : The last time Dan Henderson and Mauricio Rua fought in the fall of 2011, the stage was a lot different. Three months earlier, Henderson had stopped the great Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce, a sneaky little knockout in one of the greatest single rounds on historical record. Here was Dan Henderson, the reigning light heavyweight Strikeforce champion, guzzling water to make the heavyweight minimum. He was game to fight anyone in any of three weight classes, no questions asked.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/...erson-the-shogun-fights-bookend-a-cruel-chasm

But still beat Fedor by KO in the first round <seedat>

He was guzzling water because he was dehydrated and spent from training with his guys. If Hendo is to be believed.

He was guzzling water because he was dehydrated and spent from training with his guys. If Hendo is to be believed.

You seem to have reading issues : Here was Dan Henderson, the reigning light heavyweight Strikeforce champion, guzzling water to make the heavyweight minimum

He was full of water because he was too small for the division, and being full of water was the easiest way to gain weight.

He didn't cut any weight, so didn't have any reason to be dehydrated. I mean, it's basic logic.

Last edited:
You seem to have reading issues : Here was Dan Henderson, the reigning light heavyweight Strikeforce champion, guzzling water to make the heavyweight minimum

He was full of water because he was too small for the division, and being full of water was the easiest way to gain weight.

He didn't cut any weight, so didn't have any reason to be dehydrated. I mean, it's basic logic.

I don't get why people find this so hard to follow, he was dehydrated due to an excess of training, the extent of that dehydration is up for speculation but that doesn't negate that it happened. He was training with his guys in his gym extensively at that point in time.

I feel like people are not reading what's being said and instead are reading "Dan Henderson is a huge guy and was dehydrated at weigh-ins for the Fedor fight, because he's a huge guy and cut down to be leaner." And no one said that lol

I don't get why people find this so hard to follow, he was dehydrated due to an excess of training, the extent of that dehydration is up for speculation but that doesn't negate that it happened. He was training with his guys in his gym extensively at that point in time.

Nice story bro {<jordan}

First time we hear a fighter is dehydrated due to excess of training just before a fight while they usually don't train just before a fight actually (or very softly to avoid injuries).

And since you can't read : guzzling water to make the heavyweight minimum

It's very clear, they never said it was because he was dehydrated.

Back