UFN 143 on ESPN+ 1 Cejudo vs Dillashaw

You pretty much got it imo, I'd add that it's not so much TJ's size advantage more that he does actually just have much better TDD and wrestling than DJ. We've seen DJ outgrappled and taken down by plenty of guys sometimes dominantly like with Cruz, McCall and Pickett. TJ has only ever been takendown properly by Cruz and he popped back up instantly.

I really don't put much weight into Henry's win over DJ either. DJ finished him brutally in their first fight and then, imo, was robbed with Cejudo being awarded the decision.

DJ is a curious case. A dominant champ who defended 2 times a year, seemed to have a great attitude, deserved an immediate rubber-re-match to get his belt back and yet was traded away for a retired fighter in Askren. The UFC just seemed to have it out for the guy. I'm very much anti-conspiracy but this explains more to me a Cejudo decision victory than what actually took place in the fight.

Barring a pinpoint punch behind the ear - Cody threw everything he had and TJ almost walked right through it - or Henry wrestling at a level that will blindside all of us, TJ wins this fight. Even a really bad weight cut won't sway me there (re: Calvillo, Cynthia). I'm going to open myself to even more criticism here and state that I even think the line is off and there's still a lot of value in Dillashaw.

Te Edwards is a nobody thats accomplished nothing, all he really has is a punchers chance, Bermudez should win this fight.

Texeira is done, so old and slow, taken a lot of damage. Cutelaba is probably on PEDs, 14 years younger, much more athletic, relentless pace.

Ostovich is a jobber, IDK how people are betting on her. PVZ doesn't lose to fighters like Ostovich, she's gonna win this fight, people are just being haters.

Cerrone is gonna get ran over. Hernandez is the real deal.

Cerrone his a well rounded fighter and if anything his there to send the UFC a message that his ready to face other opponents like Conor.

"Hernandez is the real deal"
Hold my beer.

"Ostovich is a jobber, IDK how people are betting on her"
Because Ostovich can pull a submission and don't be surprised if she does.

The blueprint to beat Cerrone has been out there for a while, all it takes is pressure.

I see this fight going a lot like his fight against RDA. Cerrone is almost 36, and has so much mileage on him.

He beat an incredibly overrated Perry, Hernandez should be able to pressure him and finish him in a round.

But it's Hernandez's most high profile fight to date, if he's hesitant because of this(and it being on ESPN), I could see Cerrone picking him apart.

I think the best play is the under.

My biggest play will be TJ, and I'll play Texeira small, maybe 2u.

The blueprint to beat Cerrone has been out there for a while, all it takes is pressure.

A very specific kind of pressure and not the kind we've yet seen Hern utilize though. My guess is his approach will be to keep it close, push him against the cage, bore him.

ffs Lineker was probably one of the fights i was most excited to see. Take the PVZ fight mma gods, not the legitimately good ones!

I see this fight going a lot like his fight against RDA. Cerrone is almost 36, and has so much mileage on him.

He beat an incredibly overrated Perry, Hernandez should be able to pressure him and finish him in a round.

But it's Hernandez's most high profile fight to date, if he's hesitant because of this(and it being on ESPN), I could see Cerrone picking him apart.

I think the best play is the under.

My biggest play will be TJ, and I'll play Texeira small, maybe 2u.

Yeah im with you on Hernandez. He fought a very high octane pressure style of fighting vs OAM and even against Dariush to an extent. He was all over Benny from the get go. This is the exact like of style he needs vs Cerrone. Just pile on the pressure and constantly keep Cerrone on the backfoot/countering. Wrestlefuck him as much as you can. Cerrone may have forgotten more than Hernandez has ever learned about MMA so it's going to be dangerous for Hernandez. Cerrone will be looking to take advantage of spots to land his own shots or even create certain traps to land shots. The good thing about Hernandez is that I'm pretty confident he will fight the right fight. I don't expect him to have any Darwin award moments in there, it should be a pretty solid attempt at using the correct style to beat a particular opponent. Hernandez is also young enough to take chances. He runs red lights and takes risks to get shots off or get into a favourable clinch situation. In this fight I think that's good because all out pressure and action is what he needs here. I think Hernandez wins, my question is whether or not he wins inside the distance

Cerrone his a well rounded fighter and if anything his there to send the UFC a message that his ready to face other opponents like Conor.

"Hernandez is the real deal"
Hold my beer

"Ostovich is a jobber, IDK how people are betting on her"
Because Ostovich can pull a submission and don't be surprised if she does.
Cerrone is on his way out, lost 4 of his last 6, taken significant damage, nearly 36 years old. Hernandez is the future, working with PED experts to be the best athlete possible.

Ostovich is so bad, trains out of a bum gym in Hawaii called 'Jesus is Lord' thats run by her dad and bro. Look at the fighters that beat and have success against Ostovich. Lets not even talk about the personal issues, going through all that stuff with her Husband while looking after her daughter and also training for a fight. She's holding back tears in almost every interview I see. I wouldn't expect to see her at her best vs PVZ, not that I'd be worried about her best.

PVZ gets beat by good fighters but dominates bad ones, Ostovich is a bad one. If there was ever a fight PVZ was meant to win, it'd be this one.

Fuuuuck. Liked the fight ends ITD prop in Limeker-Sandhagen a lot

Cerrone is on his way out, lost 4 of his last 6, taken significant damage, nearly 36 years old. Hernandez is the future, working with PED experts to be the best athlete possible.

Ostovich is so bad, trains out of a bum gym in Hawaii called 'Jesus is Lord' thats run by her dad and bro. Look at the fighters that beat and have success against Ostovich. Lets not even talk about the personal issues, going through all that stuff with her Husband while looking after her daughter and also training for a fight. She's holding back tears in almost every interview I see. I wouldn't expect to see her at her best vs PVZ, not that I'd be worried about her best.

PVZ gets beat by good fighters but dominates bad ones, Ostovich is a bad one. If there was ever a fight PVZ was meant to win, it'd be this one.

But what about baby cowboy and the motivating calming effect he has on full grown cowboy?

Last edited:

Pretty disappointing after maxing cutelaba at -135 and -145

Pretty disappointing after maxing cutelaba at -135 and -145

Damn, well out of all my bets I probably liked Cutelaba the least so I'm ok with this, I was gonna get screwed by the line movement anyway, took him too early.

Hope Sandhagen and Glover get new opponents

Ariane Lipski has legit KO power in her right hand. Very rare to see one punch KO's in WMMA, so it's special when a you have a fighter that can do it. Lipski is a hell of a prospect

I really don't put much weight into Henry's win over DJ either. DJ finished him brutally in their first fight and then, imo, was robbed with Cejudo being awarded the decision.

DJ is a curious case. A dominant champ who defended 2 times a year, seemed to have a great attitude, deserved an immediate rubber-re-match to get his belt back and yet was traded away for a retired fighter in Askren. The UFC just seemed to have it out for the guy. I'm very much anti-conspiracy but this explains more to me a Cejudo decision victory than what actually took place in the fight.

Barring a pinpoint punch behind the ear - Cody threw everything he had and TJ almost walked right through it - or Henry wrestling at a level that will blindside all of us, TJ wins this fight. Even a really bad weight cut won't sway me there (re: Calvillo, Cynthia). I'm going to open myself to even more criticism here and state that I even think the line is off and there's still a lot of value in Dillashaw.
Whole heartedly agree with all of this. Cejudo’s striking is always improving, but there is no way TJ doesn’t have a substantial advantage there next weekend, imo. He also seems to be totally devoted to meticulous preparation for the cut. I was actually looking forward to betting TJ against DJ had Demetrious won against Henry (and if the price was right). Feel like Henry winning a questionable decision and us getting Dilly @ -200 is a gift.

Whole heartedly agree with all of this. Cejudo’s striking is always improving, but there is no way TJ doesn’t have a substantial advantage there next weekend, imo. He also seems to be totally devoted to meticulous preparation for the cut. I was actually looking forward to betting TJ against DJ had Demetrious won against Henry (and if the price was right). Feel like Henry winning a questionable decision and us getting Dilly @ -200 is a gift.

At this rate let's hope they actually fight...

Ariane Lipski has legit KO power in her right hand. Very rare to see one punch KO's in WMMA, so it's special when a you have a fighter that can do it. Lipski is a hell of a prospect

It’s rare that you see women genuinely enjoy violence and hurting other women.

Lipski is my biggest bet on the card.

Courtney sanchez Hurt jojo, lipski will finish her if that happens

It’s rare that you see women genuinely enjoy violence and hurting other women.

Lipski is my biggest bet on the card.

Courtney sanchez Hurt jojo, lipski will finish her if that happens
Yeah Lipski is just too fast, too powerul for Jo Jo. Lipski still needs to prove herself but I'm already thinking this is a top prospect, future champion.

Back