UFN 158 on ESPN+ 16 Cowboy vs Gaethje

v jimmy phan 2010. old but all i got so far

this him? bjj

Pointless to re book Michel Pereira vs Tristan Connelly from betting perspective. Michel Pereira will be in the -1000 range. I would rather watch wmma all day if the odd is close to pick em, at least you could bet and have something on the line.

Last edited:
Pointless to re book Michel Pereira vs Tristan Connelly from betting perspective. Michel Pereira will be in the -1000 range. I would rather watch wmma all day if the odd is close to pick em, at least you could bet and have something on the line.
If Pereira and his unsustainable, wild style is ever -1000 against anyone I'll be on that dog no matter what.

Gaethje -188 on bet365. Whole card is a pick-em on 365. Excited as all hell for this card, and I'll be there in person .

giphy.gif

Finally getting into Griffin vs Skelly. Anybody else think Jordan the "Native Psycho" won that Ige fight? He looked a little raw on the ground but showed alot of explosiveness and transitional knowledge. He seems to be able adapt and keep up a pace where ever the fight goes. I thought he was a little frozen on the bottom but showed good athleticism and fight IQ escaping from and even reversing Ige and showing knowledgeable offensive wrestling transitions on top.

Skelly on the other hand seems like the more limited fighter. His offensive wrestling is impressive but seems to favor an open mat rather than mma style. After watching his last two fights I don't think Skelly has the cardio or athleticism to press his advantage again the better balanced Griffin or many other prospects. His top position looks strong but he seems to prefer stifling his opponent rather than pushing offense.

Even Skellys striking seems very limited. Constantly moving to his right, moving straight to fire his jab, and planting on his lead leg to fire kicks.

I'd give Griffin the striking, speed and cardio advantages. Skelly may have a more experienced wrestling game but I don't he will be able to push a pace against the hungrier more athletic mma prospect. I think Griffin has shown he can out pace a slower man and is knowledgeable enough to turn into a choke and prioritize position.

I'd say Griffin 65~70% and Skelly 30~35%
This is probably my favorite of the card so far

Agreed. Juice era is annoying af

If Pereira and his unsustainable, wild style is ever -1000 against anyone I'll be on that dog no matter what.
You won't get +1000 on Pereira opponent. I predict it will be -1000 and +500 on other side. If Pereira is -500, I will bet big on him and hedge out on close line.

I actually like this card for betting. I'm pretty confident in Miles Johns, Louis Smolka, Katona, Griffin/Skelly ITD

I like Griffin/Skelly ITD. I'm a little hesitant though. Skelly may scrap his way to lose a point fight if Griffin plays it safe. Or Griffin may get wrestlefucked to a scorecard lose.

I think Griffin's athleticism should be a factor and wouldn't mind if he outworked Skelly in the judges eyes for a safe win rather than pressing to finish the experienced fighter.

krylov's grappling iq is extraordinarily bad.

He is seriously so dumb. I really wanted to bet him bc he can KO Glover so easily, but after reviewing tape I just couldn't do it.

He has this thing where he wants to get revenge takedowns after somebody takes him down, and it normally leads to him getting reversed and dominated (i.e. when OSP mounted him). If he just drilled takedown D and kept this fight at distance it would be pretty tough for Glover, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he actually tried to take Glover down at some point because that's just how he rolls.

He kinda reminds me of Brazilian Cowboy. All of the physical tools to be champion, but his IQ is so bad he can't even be a realistic contender.

The ME is interesting to me in the sense its seems eveyone is underestimating the fighter they arent backing

When has Krylov ever managed to stay outside? Against OSP he was taken down very quickly and 4 times within the first round lol and also ended up being mounted. The guy is not exactly a good long range striker with great footwork or anything.
I saw the OSP fight now. I think Krylov could have the skills to fight from the outside, but he just usually does not give a shit. I liked Krylov as underdog. Teixeira getting his brain rattled third time this year could mean an easy R1 finish for Krylov and if he does not get it, there’s a chance he’ll just keep the lead R2 and maybe takes out gassed Glover in R3. Roberson was a novice wrestler and Cutelba blew his gastank, so who knows, maybe Krylov could survive even if he got into trouble.

Last edited:
I saw the OSP fight now. I think Krylov could have the skills to fight from the outside, but he just usually does not give a shit. I liked Krylov as underdog. Teixeira getting his brain rattled third time this year could mean an easy R1 finish for Krylov and if he does not get it, there’s a chance he’ll just keep the lead R2 and maybe takes out gassed Glover in R3. Roberson was a novice wrestler and Cutelba blew his gastank, so who knows, maybe Krylov could survive even if he got into trouble.

krylov is a novice wrestler himself, his takedown defense sucks. i wouldn't be surprised if he tries to guillotine glover and winds up on bottom.

I dont really get why vettori is such a big favourite to Sanchez, I think they are quite evenly matched actually, Sanchez has better striking though but his gastank is always a big worry. I certainly see Sanchez winning the first round, so it could be a good livebetting spot. I don't think Sanchez should be such a big dog to a pretty stiff and limited fighter like Vettori.

Back