UFN 162 on ESPN+ 20 Maia vs Askren

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
z7y6Vqc.jpg

took some maia +195 on a euro bookie

How is Askren's sub defense? PTV to ground and pound or lay on Maia? Seems tricky for such a BJJ artist

Already tagged Michael jordan / Gane

Fitziev, Camacho, Avila ( if she gets a replacement) and yoder catch my eye but will tape this evening with report

Already tagged Michael jordan / Gane

Fitziev, Camacho, Avila ( if she gets a replacement) and yoder catch my eye but will tape this evening with report

Camacho? I think he is fighting a little out of his league with Dariush, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Staropoli is an early eye catching dog for me.

Camacho? I think he is fighting a little out of his league with Dariush, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Staropoli is an early eye catching dog for me.
Camacho looked a lot better last fight while Dariush looked declined in his last fight. Camachos full time at Team Oyama now, staying in shape and at 155. In Dariush's last fight he was getting beaten up badly early by Dober and won by a comeback submission after Dober stupidly tried grappling with him. Camacho's usual issue was cardio but his pace management looked a lot better plus Dariush fades as well.

I think most likely Camacho keeps the fight standing and should have a solid advantage there as Dariush's chin and defence just isn't good enough anymore.

Camacho looked a lot better last fight while Dariush looked declined in his last fight. Camachos full time at Team Oyama now, staying in shape and at 155. In Dariush's last fight he was getting beaten up badly early by Dober and won by a comeback submission after Dober stupidly tried grappling with him. Camacho's usual issue was cardio but his pace management looked a lot better plus Dariush fades as well.

I think most likely Camacho keeps the fight standing and should have a solid advantage there as Dariush's chin and defence just isn't good enough anymore.

camacho is actually a jiu jitsu guy who fell in love with striking

camacho is actually a jiu jitsu guy who fell in love with striking
Yeah, has a ton of grappling credentials that go unnoticed cause he's a crazy island guy that always wanted to brawl.

Salikhov can be wrestle-fuck-and-choked at the UFC level. Staropoli won't be a threat there. Staropoli prance fights with his hands low (Nordine and Rainey do this as well). Aldana landed clean on his chin a number of times. Hector Aldana. Salikhov hits like a truck and Staropoli is a willing brawler.

I like loma lookboonmee here as a slight dog. She is a pretty good thai boxer with decent stand up skills and should have the edge in the stand up vs albu. Loma is probably pretty susceptible to getting taken down but albu is not exactly good at wrestling or anything at all really. Albu is really strong and wild and probably will have some success early but i think loma as the more tecnical striker will prevail in the end.

Wish the ME was closer to even. Might take a small stab at Askren.
Don't even like the guy but at a glance he should have the cardio here. Maia seemed a little drained after 3 Rs with Rocco.
Maia might not be able to apply the level of cte inducing shots Lawler tried and Masvidal succeeded in.
I could see Ben chaining grappling his way into and out of a position/submission or two.
Could be a quick finish by Maia no doubt.
I think Ben the Ass wins it in the long run due to points or Maia showing up a little old.

Wish the ME was closer to even. Might take a small stab at Askren.
Don't even like the guy but at a glance he should have the cardio here. Maia seemed a little drained after 3 Rs with Rocco.
Maia might not be able to apply the level of cte inducing shots Lawler tried and Masvidal succeeded in.
I could see Ben chaining grappling his way into and out of a position/submission or two.
Could be a quick finish by Maia no doubt.
I think Ben the Ass wins it in the long run due to points or Maia showing up a little old.
I remember thinking Maia was super gassed in the 3rd round he was just running since he won the first 2 rounds. This being a 5 round fight and with how tiring prolonged grappling exchanges can be seems like a recipe for disaster. Amusingly Maia has the striking advantage so if the fight doesn't go to the ground I like his chances better. On the ground I think he just gets controlled.

Anyone else get the feeling Maia subs Askren in the first? Has Ben rolled with anyone that is this dangerous or even close?

But askren has been training with Macy barber for this fight

his jiu jitsu will be sick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back