UFN 162 on ESPN+ 20 Maia vs Askren

“That’s just like your opinion or something man”

And probably 3:1 or higher makes sense for R1 to me

“That’s just like your opinion or something man”

And probably 3:1 or higher makes sense for R1 to me
"Donny, you're out of your element!"

And thanks! I respect your opinion. I'm thinking I would be needing +400 to feel safe that there is any value there.

Last edited:
"Donny, you're out of your element!"

And thanks! I respect your opinion. I'm thinking I would needing +400 to feel safe that there is any value there.

I just think the fight goes nowhere but to the ground and I can't see Askren taking even half of a round with that kind of BJJ

Any idea what her muay thai record is?

I stopped looking into it after seeing she's an atom weight, not sure of the record but she's had over 300 MT bouts. Considered a legend in her area

I stopped looking into it after seeing she's an atom weight, not sure of the record but she's had over 300 MT bouts. Considered a legend in her area
Yeah I noticed that I may wait until the face offs. If tap is to be believed her reach is the same and she is only giving up 1 inch in height.
I thought her bout against Hana Date looked solid. Could have a had a bit to do with Dates skill level, still I thought she showed a knowledgeable ground game and solid top control not giving Date an inch on the ground.

Yeah I noticed that I may wait until the face offs. If tap is to be believed her reach is the same and she is only giving up 1 inch in height.
I thought her bout against Hana Date looked solid. Could have a had a bit to do with Dates skill level, still I thought she showed a knowledgeable ground game and solid top control not giving Date an inch on the ground.

She's good for sure, and Albu is bottom tier, but Albu is very physical despite being short and that counts for a lot at this weight class

Any idea what her muay thai record is?
no, only this:

Loma Lookboonmee is a female Muay Thai fighter and martial artist from Buriram, Thailand.

She began training in Muay Thai around the age of 7, under her father Boonmee, at his Muay Thai gym in Thailand. As of October 2016, Loma has fought more than 200 times. Many of her fights, especially as a child and teenager, were against males. Loma previously represented Thailand on their national Muay Thai team.

Achievements
Muay Thai Titles
2017 - IFMA Amateur Muay Thai World Championships | 48kg Gold
2015 - IFMA Royal World Cup | Pinweight 45kg Gold

She's good for sure, and Albu is bottom tier, but Albu is very physical despite being short and that counts for a lot at this weight class
you dont think she can tire albu out pretty fast with her front kicks?

you dont think she can tire albu out pretty fast with her front kicks?

Like I said I stopped looking into it after seeing not only is she an AW, but has fought even lower

At the :40 second mark. Look at Marcelo smile after that first quick tap out. Ben must be thinking. This is not what I expected. WTF did I get myself into?

It also occurrs to me that the shift in judges preference continues to lean to stand up damage vs volume/ control after last night as well

Odd scoring in brady & Winn fights again where landing a couple of good shots > aggression / volume/ spam TDs

Something to continue to keep in mind

I see Maia as a round 1 sub or bust. His chances of winning exponentially decreases as it gets deeper into the fight. It's an easy hedge to my heavy Askren play.

Alright boys how does Michael Johnson manage to throw away this one
This

I'm struggling to find a real ptv for stevie here. I don't love the idea of paying juice for freaking mj tho. What do you guys think?

Also liking maia now. Initially thought askren but yea, maia sub rd 1 is very likely.

It also occurrs to me that the shift in judges preference continues to lean to stand up damage vs volume/ control after last night as well

Odd scoring in brady & Winn fights again where landing a couple of good shots > aggression / volume/ spam TDs

Something to continue to keep in mind

100%

Is there a PTV for Ashley Yoder against Markos? Randa is kinda juiced but I don't see a way Yoder wins.

Back