Ultimate 80's Memories Thread - Part 2 - The 80s Strikes Back

Love this film.

7746969.jpg

Such a classic flick. I prey Hollywood doesn't try to remake The Breakfast Club. Hollywood now(2016) will never be able to capture that special something that those 80's movies had that made them so great.

Such a classic flick. I prey Hollywood doesn't try to remake The Breakfast Club. Hollywood now(2016) will never be able to capture that special something that those 80's movies had that made them so great.
oh it will be remade. the only shock is that it hasnt been yet. i wonder what part jaden smith would play? jack black could be the principal.

I will personally kick the Producer in the balls.

Hell-No-Cat-Meme-01.jpg

1980s in Film

The films of the 1980s covered many genres, with hybrids crossing between multiple genres. The trend strengthened towards creating ever-larger blockbuster films, which earned more in their opening weeks than any previous film, due in part to staging releases when audiences had little else to choose.

You know I thought that was a fairly decent run down of 80s movies...Then I thought where is the movie Aliens? Oh there it is in the Horror section, umm hold on, its actually referring to the movie 'Alien' - which was released in 1979.
So a list of notable 80s movies that incorrectly names a movie from the 70s and doesnt properly acknowledge one of the greatest movies of the 80s, let alone of all time.

Fail

You know I thought that was a fairly decent run down of 80s movies...Then I thought where is the movie Aliens? Oh there it is in the Horror section, umm hold on, its actually referring to the movie 'Alien' - which was released in 1979.
So a list of notable 80s movies that incorrectly names a movie from the 70s and doesnt properly acknowledge one of the greatest movies of the 80s, let alone of all time.

Fail

But Alien is more of an 80s film than a 70s fillm. It was released in late june 79. Much more of an early 80s tone.

Do you kids of the 80's remember this?

Remember back in the 80's when a parent could whoop their kids with pretty much anything in the house and "NOT" go to jail? lol

Had those vampire mouthpiece. I remember getting my ass whooping with the belt.

I remember watching Eddie Murphy's Delirious and thinking it was the funniest thing ever, "my aunt Bunny got a moustache!"

eddiemurphy.jpg

I remember watching Eddie Murphy's Delirious and thinking it was the funniest thing ever, "my aunt Bunny got a moustache!"

eddiemurphy.jpg

Yep... Classic... and Eddie Murphy was only 22 years old at the time.

eddiemurphy.jpg
this was so much better than raw. when this was out, i also thought it was the funniest thing ever. when raw came out, i was just wondering if he was trying to see just how many times a person could swear in one hour

this was so much better than raw. when this was out, i also thought it was the funniest thing ever. when raw came out, i was just wondering if he was trying to see just how many times a person could swear in one hour

Yeah... "Delirious" is way better than "Raw".

"Delirious" - 10/10

"Raw" - 6.5/10

It's crazy to me how so many films in the 80s (and to be fair, pre-80s and even some of the 90s) are so full of heart that special greatness. It was palpable. Yet most films today just feel cheap and uninteresting. No heart. No rewatch value. All sterile and devoid of that special something.

Granted, that special modern film comes along every once in a while, but it's not NEARLY as often as it used to be. Especially in the 80s where basically every other film was a classic.

Back