• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Elections United States Presidential Debate Thread: The Final Confrontation

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They held firm on it. Trump brought bobinski or what ever the fuck he's called to make sure about it.
Good. Don't have to hear 2 hours of "HUNTER! CHY-NAH!" as we ignore Trump's arms sales to the Saudis used to kill Yemeni civilians, failed trade wars, rising deficits, spitting on allies, and more.

I thought it went through the whole debate. I have to look that up now

I read it was just for opening statements and/or initial answers? Both mics will be on for the crosstalk portions, obviously.

It's going to be something else, that's for sure.

I thought it went through the whole debate. I have to look that up now
You're probably right, I haven't heard much about it since they first announced it.

Good. Don't have to hear 2 hours of "HUNTER! CHY-NAH!" as we ignore Trump's arms sales to the Saudis used to kill Yemeni civilians, failed trade wars, rising deficits, spitting on allies, and more.

Exactly. Bobinski will be a reminder of how much worse Biden is. Perfect plan imo.

I read it was just for opening statements and/or initial answers? Both mics will be on for the crosstalk portions, obviously.
@Slick_36

But the microphones of both candidates will be on during the "open discussion" portion of the 90-minute debate, the commission said. The moderator, Kristen Welker of NBC News, has been tasked with returning any time taken up by interruptions to the other candidate. Welker won't have the ability to cut the microphones during this period if one candidate speaks over the other

AsCRNjq.gif

ijNW0KH.gif

RYLzD6V.gif

TQezVZn.gif

czskfV0.gif

pvPBy91.gif

stxlfvh.gif

The microphones should be controlled by a program, not a person. You're asked a question, a timer starts, your mike is on until your time runs out, and when its out its automatically cut. Each guy gets a set number of interrupts they can trigger through a button - other guy is talking, you press your button, it interrupts, your mike goes active and theirs off. Their timer stops, and when you stop talking their timer starts again. Once you're out of interrupts, thats it.

Completely fair and guaranteed to give each guy exactly the same amount of time to talk. A mediocre sw and electrical engineer could have put this together in a day.

Biden has run a good campaign, no major mistakes, stayed on message, let Trump shoot himself in the foot whenever possible. If he keeps that up tonight, he can seal the win.

There’s less Trump can do, he needs Biden to make unforced errors and hurt his own standing. Pushing the Hunter Biden story won’t pull Biden down, and it likely won’t raise Trump up, it’s gonna take a full scale show of superiority by trump as a candidate. Even then, not sure how much room to shift is really left.

Biden has run a good campaign, no major mistakes, stayed on message, let Trump shoot himself in the foot whenever possible. If he keeps that up tonight, he can seal the win.

There’s less Trump can do, he needs Biden to make unforced errors and hurt his own standing. Pushing the Hunter Biden story won’t pull Biden down, and it likely won’t raise Trump up, it’s gonna take a full scale show of superiority by trump as a candidate. Even then, not sure how much room to shift is really left.
<{MingNope}>

The debate starts at 9, but I thought it started at 8 and I may have started drinking too early.

That just means things will be more entertaining.

No major mistakes?

Biden makes a ton of mistakes. They just don't get covered.

It's insane that Biden can say crap like this and be presented as the cure for racism.

Last edited:
I went for the obvious nobody wins. What a shame our two choices for leaders are.

Whoever wins, Murica loses.

You got two dudes who should be living in retirement homes running for the highest office in your country. That's just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back