Unpopular opinion: UFC 301 is way more stacked than UFC 297

You had no curiosity about Mike Mallot's test in Magny? And I'm always down to see Cachoeira get beat.

And even if the title is uninteresting, I'm still gonna care who wins it. Rocky vs MBS served just fine as a title fight on the co-main.

And I'm also interested in more fights on 301, but mostly more on the low interest side than I was for some of the bigger fights on 297.

Again, that's the card we ended up with, but TS suggested 297 was worse BEFORE too, and that's just obviously not true

No, I was never interested in the Mike mallot in the slightest to be honest. Not to bash the guy, but he just never caught my interest, especially as a prospect in a stacked division like WW considering he's already like 32. Even if I stretch my definition of what "interested" means, I'd only add like two more fights to that 297 card that had caught my eye, which would still only bring us to 6 fights on the card, whereas I'm interested in 11 or 12 on 301. Granted, these things are subjective.

297 was a bad card with a fantastic main event.

301 is a bad card with a bad main event.

301 has more interesting matchups between the unranked fighters on the prelims. That doesn't make it better though. It's still fight night level.

Do people honestly give a shit about this? Why?

1714665138938.gif

General tsos war machine of flavor is invincible

Back