News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

Holy shit, Usman actually stepped up. I might have to become a fan now.
Been wanting to see this fight for a long time. Of course it would've been even better when Usman was still champ but it's still an epic matchup now. I hope Usman has been bulking. May the best man win.

lets-go-the-rock.gif

In a roundabout way, this also confirms 100% that Khamzat was ducking a fight with Usman at 170 earlier this year. Now he's not going to have to kill himself cutting weight.

Because he is a shell of his former self with no knees .If he loses to anyone else he is done for good and a win could get him a shot with Strickland?
Usman isn't getting a shot at Strickland I wouldn't think. He'd have to jump Cannonier, DDP, and Izzy to do that. I think he'd have a better chance at WW with a camp against a contender to try to get back in the mix.

Imagine complaining about Usman vs. Khamzat as a late replacement.

People here are either children or stupid. These replacement fights are better than the originals. That's miraculous.

Fly Costa out of Abu Dhabi ASAP. That fucking retard is probably going to try and hang around and start shit with Khamzat.

Get him out of there so no more mishaps thanks to this dummy.

Huge! I feel like this is a better fight than Costa.

Hats off to Usman for having the balls to step up in a high risk low reward scenario but I have to wonder what this means for him and Chimaev's careers. Is Usman moving up to 185 as well or will Chimaev return to 170 with a win for a title shot? Either way Belal must be in tears

Great fight, costa is wimp finnally get to see khamzat maul someone again.

There are many good fights available.

Dolidze might be even a tougher fight than Costa who might be washed.

Brendan Allen as well and the list goes on.

Costa hasnt looked good for a long time and inactive.

It wouldnt mean a whole lot to me if Usman fought Khamzat at MW for 3 rounder. It has to be a 5 rounder at least.
Short notice = not fair to Usman to make it 5 rounds

Back