Economy Updated project canceled: California bullet train costs soar to $77 billion

I'd be down with California/LA having better public transportation

Feel like we are decades behind other equally as busy cities

Who would have thought building a massive infrastructure project through thousands of miles of varied ubran, suburban, and rural regions would be so complicated?

they've been 'working' on an intersection for it in the Kramer Junction area (by Barstow) for like five years now hahahahahaha

Newsome may be a little progressive on some things, but he's not a complete loon. Hopefully this is the start of ending ol Moonbeam projects that are ridiculous.

How much money was taken from Californians to go in to a project that never got off the ground?

Where did that money go, and how will you be collecting that refund?
It was so corrupt from day one. LoL

I don’t like Newson at all but have to give him props for this.

This project was stupid anyway. I'm glad to see it scrapped. Spend the money on fixing our shitty roads.

Who would have thought building a massive infrastructure project through thousands of miles of varied ubran, suburban, and rural regions would be so complicated?

It’s not that complicated if you have a strong central government that just rams its plan through and beats the shit out of anyone in its way. Many countries have that. Trying to do it with a super corrupt California legislature in a lawyer and law infested state, on the other hand, was just impossible.

I wouldn't do that to @Revolver . I heard Crave pays MODS. Revolter has a family and overall besides being a racist and a hater, he's a pretty good guy. I wouldn't take $ out of his Applebees fund.

Bottle service fund

But AOC told us that trains were the future, and we need to get rid of planes and stuff...

How is a bullet train a bad idea? It may have been a bad project but it's a much better idea than driving around. Safer, cheaper, greener.

Back