Social US colleges having problems with low enrollment rates

Apparently business admin has one of the highest ROI's

Probably an MBA but what the hell does a bachelor's in business administration teach you that you can't learn on the job? I wouldn't shit on most degrees if the costs weren't so ridicously high.

Generation below mine sees us screwed over with student loan debt and are making smarter choices

turns out you don't really need the liberal arts degree to be a barista

We need to make College free. That would fix this issue. With that said, I'm a self made millionaire who never went to a day of College in my entire life. Lot's of people are waking up to the fact that you can make it big without college.

turns out you don't really need the liberal arts degree to be a barista

Yes because everyone who goes to college gets a libruhl arts degree.

Just admit living in an educated society is too much for you to handle.

A lot of factors going on here besides increase in tuition.

1) lower birthrates
2) lower graduation rates especially in Midwest states. WI is a great example of this
3) job market uncertainty. Thanks to the 80s preaching every kid needs college we are now oversaturated with bachelors and more jobs require Masters.
4) last recession many went back to school. For example, law schools were seeing record enrollments. Those same schools saw numbers tank once word got out the job market sucked and now many are in miserable shape. Ex: Thomas Jefferson (?) in San Diego was close to or defaulted on its debt. Valparasio in Indiana is closing, Marquette in Milwaukee is back to 140s (last check couple years ago) LSAT when it had hit 160s

Colleges have lost their way. The tuitions are just absurd. And so many young people dont feel it is necessary unless you are entering something very technical. I do love that most professors now help students form knowledgeable opinions in things such as politics, but that really isnt a reason to go

Gee I wonder if its because most Murkans have to go in debt for 300k just to get educated and improve society.

Nah im sure it has nothing to do with that.

I believe the UK has lower uni enrolment this year as well after the A level results. No doubt down to tuition fees, which were brought in by people who had access to free higher education. Cunts.

Well you can just watch Joe Rogan so why bother with school and shit

People go to college so they appear "employable" to prospective employers.

They're finding out that getting a college degree barely helps at all compared to the price.

And as a recruiter/hr, i see these professors profiles and resumes all the time...and they're garbage.

Most of them never had a steady job out of college and most have never accomplished shit.

If you never had a steady job in the real world, it's pretty hard to teach students what to expect.

Lecturing to kids that pay to listen to you, that you can punish if they question anything you say, is a whole lot different than having to meet unrealistic business deadlines, managing your supervisors expectations, working with difficult people, winning big projects..etc

Students don't want to pay thousands of dollars to hear some part time adjunct failure read from an overpriced book, for an unrelated class they don't want to take, but are required to because of some arbitrary general ed requirement.

Certifications are so much more useful for most people.

Gee I wonder if its because most Murkans have to go in debt for 300k just to get educated and improve society.

Nah im sure it has nothing to do with that.
I got my bachelors, both of them, for about 30000. Don’t go to school out of state and don’t live on campus. Have a job. Profit. While you’re at it, get a degree you can actually use.

The rest do you that ignore all the above advice, suck on deez nuts.

I got my bachelors, both of them, for about 30000. Don’t go to school out of state and don’t live on campus. Have a job. Profit. While you’re at it, get a degree you can actually use.

The rest do you that ignore all the above advice, suck on deez nuts.

How does getting 2 bachelors make sense? Seems like the effort would be better spent getting an advanced degree. Doing so more typically leads to increased base salary.

Also, you overlooked the most obvious thing which is to not be a fucking numbnut in HS, get good grades, and apply for scholarships both from the school and the million other organizations giving them out. An employees daughter got good grades so she is going to UGA tuition free (Hope Scholarship which is guaranteed for every Georgia HS student with good grades) but she also applied for and got over 10k in scholarships from groups like the Elk’s, her Mom’s company, etc. She actually won the “Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship” for $1500 for writing a couple paragraph essay about such a thing.

How does getting 2 bachelors make sense? Seems like the effort would be better spent getting an advanced degree. Doing so more typically leads to increased base salary.

Also, you overlooked the most obvious thing which is to not be a fucking numbnut in HS, get good grades, and apply for scholarships both from the school and the million other organizations giving them out. An employees daughter got good grades so she is going to UGA tuition free (Hope Scholarship which is guaranteed for every Georgia HS student with good grades) but she also applied for and got over 10k in scholarships from groups like the Elk’s, her Mom’s company, etc. She actually won the “Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship” for $1500 for writing a couple paragraph essay about such a thing.

I got two bachelors because I noticed if you took certain specific classes as electives they counted as core classes for a bullshit liberal arts degree, which says a lot about those degrees. So for about 1500 I got a second degree, I had to take 3 other classes to get it all done. Didn’t even take any extra semesters. Same time line.

Yes because everyone who goes to college gets a libruhl arts degree.

Just admit living in an educated society is too much for you to handle.
lol, weren't you just mocking my education a day or so ago? i've got no problem with real educations

What sort of choices?

Going straight to university out of highschool, taking out large amounts of loans figuring it won't be a problem to pay them back later once you have a nice job. I'm a senior engineer for an aerospace company 5 years out of college. The loans are still crippling and very much preventing living comfortably

I'm seeing more be smart and either get a trade school skill or 2 years of community college before going to university. I wish I would have done one of those things.

Going straight to university out of highschool, taking out large amounts of loans figuring it won't be a problem to pay them back later once you have a nice job. I'm a senior engineer for an aerospace company 5 years out of college. The loans are still crippling and very much preventing living comfortably

I'm seeing more be smart and either get a trade school skill or 2 years of community college before going to university. I wish I would have done one of those things.
I've mentioned a few times that I have some good friends who teach at tech schools. They're dying. Kids aren't learning trades either. They want to be taken care of.

Back