International US moves to advance prisoner swap deal with Iran and release $6 billion in frozen Iranian funds

Yea it’s the drug dealers money when they get arrested, billionaire money ect … I guess we are kinder to terrorist then our own citizens..

Except it was payment for fighter jets which the US didn't provide.

This has nothing to do with illegal activities.

It’s funny people cheer on when banks froze go fund me funds for us citizens

Froze or returned? because there is a big difference between the two.

It's hilarious when Americans call Iran terrorists... lmao
What do you call a state structure that provides safe haven, training, weapons and financial backing for non-state military groups like Hezbollah and Hamas?

They don't even recognize the Taliban as a terrorist group ffs.

What do you call a state structure that provides safe haven, training, weapons and financial backing for non-state military groups like Hezbollah and Hamas?

They don't even recognize the Taliban as a terrorist group ffs.

What do you call a state structure that overthrows democratically elected governments in order to continue stealing their resources, invades countries based on lies and kidnaps and tortures its citizens, funds terrorist group, splinter groups and supports military dictatorships?

They probably don't consider the Taliban a terrorist group for the same reason that you don't consider the U.S. government one.

What do you call a state structure that overthrows democratically elected governments in order to continue stealing their resources, invades countries based on lies and kidnaps and tortures its citizens, funds terrorist group, splinter groups and supports military dictatorships?

They probably don't consider the Taliban a terrorist group for the same reason that you don't consider the U.S. government one.
Nobody is going to claim the CIA is squeaky clean, obviously, but I would say in relation to the Iran/US dynamic, the USA has been clean.

Iranian revolutionaries overthrow the government, and kidnap a bunch of American diplomats, and the US freezes assets. They COULD have gone completely agro, but fortunately Jimmy Carter was at the helm.
Then sanctions for human rights abuses,
Then after 9/11 the US again freezes funds trying to hold Iran responsible for reparations to the victims of 9/11.... although I suspect it had more to do with Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Lastly, trump pulls out of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action and froze Iranian assets again..... mainly because Trump is a fool.

There is also a vast difference between espionage and terrorism whether you acknowledge that or not.

Nobody is going to claim the CIA is squeaky clean, obviously, but I would say in relation to the Iran/US dynamic, the USA has been clean.

Iranian revolutionaries overthrow the government, and kidnap a bunch of American diplomats, and the US freezes assets. They COULD have gone completely agro, but fortunately Jimmy Carter was at the helm.
Then sanctions for human rights abuses,
Then after 9/11 the US again freezes funds trying to hold Iran responsible for reparations to the victims of 9/11.... although I suspect it had more to do with Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Lastly, trump pulls out of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action and froze Iranian assets again..... mainly because Trump is a fool.

There is also a vast difference between espionage and terrorism whether you acknowledge that or not.

Are you being retarded on purpose?

You literally overthrew their democratic government and put in an authoritarian dictator for decades so you could steal all of their resources. And now you're trying to label them as the bad guy for it? lmao

Guess we know where Hunter's next art opening is going to be.
I wish the IRS would give back some of my money they took and I didn't break no international laws..

it pays to be evil now days. blow up a commerical airliner and lie about it is cool apparently too

I wish the IRS would give back some of my money they took and I didn't break no international laws..

it pays to be evil now days. blow up a commerical airliner and lie about it is cool apparently too

A zionist neo-con in [current year] top kek.

No wonder he’s starting to lose on polls to Orangeman

Just watch Blinken say the funds are only for humanitarian needs of the Iran people. That’s why it’s there and it can only be used on that .. Biden admin so full of shit ..

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/12/us/politics/biden-iran-prisoners-deal.html
“The State Department on Tuesday defended its progress toward completing a prisoner deal with Iran under which the United States is freeing $6 billion in frozen Iranian funds for humanitarian purposes in exchange for the release of five Americans held in Tehran.

Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken signed waivers on Friday allowing the Iranian money, which has been stored in South Korean accounts, to be transferred to accounts in Qatar without running afoul of U.S. sanctions against Iran. The money will be subject to American government oversight to ensure that Iran uses it only for humanitarian purchases such as medicine and food.”

here’s what Iran has to say …

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...si-unfrozen-funds-us-wherever-we-need-it/amp/
Iranian president: Funds unfrozen by US would be spent ‘wherever we need it

Again, IRS froze some of your money? they need to give it back eventually.

Also which "international law" they broke that warrants the reneging of a deal?

This is like the BS arguments used by banana nations to seize foreign assets, was Cuba correct to expropiate American assets on the island based on enmity?

It does pay to be evil these days.

Guess who the richest nation in the world is?

- They completed the swap. I cant post,because i am late to my class, and i am doing other thread,:(

What could go wrong giving Iran billions of dollars we had seized. I’m sure they will follow the rules…

Thread is pathetic. Not one of you right wingers would be arguing over the release of funds NOT OWNED BY THE USA, for innocent Americans to be set free if Trump did same thing to get them home. Transparent. Pathetic.

Glad to hear our people are coming home.

Last edited:
Its their own money, so i don't see the issue.

Consevatives will bitch eitherway.

No, if it was "their" money they wouldn't need us to give it to them.

They relinquished those accounts by not living up to agreements. The US only holds those accounts so they can pay off Iran and then spin it as "it's their money" to people like yourself.

Iran has over $100 billion in frozen assets worldwide, so I guess they better start kidnapping some more!

They kind of do because those assets were in American accounts.

They relinquished those accounts by not living up to agreements. The US only holds those accounts so they can pay off Iran and then spin it as "it's their money" to people like yourself.

What a fucking BS banana republic argument is this?

The only nation that didn't lived to the agreement was the US when it pulled out of the JCPOA despite Iran being fully complaint

Can nations expropriate other nations assets arbitrarily based on any arguments? the money according to google is from oil revenue that was frozen by America, that's oil that was delivered.

Iran has over $100 billion in frozen assets worldwide, so I guess they better start kidnapping some more!

I guess that's what happens when you back out of the nuclear deal unilaterally.

What could go wrong giving Iran billions of dollars we had seized. I’m sure they will follow the rules…

America seized money after unilaterally pulling out of JCPOA despite Iran being fully compliant.

Banana republic behaviour.

Almost everything you just said isn’t accurate though.
—This money was Iran’s by way of South Korea purchasing Iranian energy products (oil and such) years ago. SK was afraid of running afoul of US sanctions and so those accounts have remained frozen.

We are assisting in having the funds—which again, are literally Iran’s funds, not ours, never were ours, and were not seized by us—moved to accounts in Qatar. Iran must request to withdraw them, they can only be used for humanitarian, non-sanctioned purposes for which we will arrange for the payment on a case-by-case basis, with oversight, and 5 Americans are coming home.

There is no good reason for right wingers to be bitching about this.
https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/iran-hostage-deal-clarifying-6-billion-transfer

edit: also if your comment about Iran not living up to agreements was about the nuclear deal, they didn’t violate it.

Back