Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

This thread is about salary. I don't know why that schoolyard "who's better, men or women" argument has anything to do with the pay. It's the same shit that plagued the knuckle-draggers in the Heavies when Rousey joined the UFC and brought it mainstream.

With your line of reasoning, are you advocating that Cerrone should be paid the same PPV points as Rousey, or Rousey should be paid the same as Cerrone??

How much the National Team get paid should be on how much butts they put in the seats for the league, how much global publicity their unqualified success garners for the league, and at the end of the day, the revenue/sponsorships/mainstream prestige they brings to the league.

We can all agree on one thing: the women's National Team were severely underpaid for all the great things they have contributed to U.S Soccer, and no fan of the sport should be unhappy that the league is forced to offer them fairer financial terms now, from base salary to travel per diem.

PS: I hope there will be a day when women soccer players no longer have their legs burnt and flayed alive while sliding on artificial grass in international competition ever again. FIFA forcing women to play on fake grass while reserving real grass fields for the men's games is the epitome of sexism in the Beautiful Game.

YRozg.gif

men's soccer? We just have two women's teams.

Nah man, that's Europe.

As soon as they touches another player's jersey during a scramble, damn euro floppers would collapse to the ground as if they just got hit by a damn truck. There's actually a whole category on GIPHY for that bullshit:

https://giphy.com/search/soccer-flop

The U.S Men's National Team might not be world champions, but they have my utmost respect for not pretending to be Magikarps on the field like their UEFA colleages.

It is literally spelled out in the OP.

The filing, citing figures from the USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the U.S. men's team, the women are paid almost four times less.
And that is bs. Read the article I posted

It is ridiculous how women get paid in relation to men. Glad to see these women make a stand. I wish the women of the WNBA would do the same. Their pay compared to NBA players is much more ridiculous

It is ridiculous how women get paid in relation to men. Glad to see these women make a stand. I wish the women of the WNBA would do the same. Their pay compared to NBA players is much more ridiculous

You do realize that the only reason the WNBA makes what they do is because the NBA gives them a boat load of money to keep their league afloat?

Half of the W.N.B.A.’s 12 teams lose money, and they benefit from revenue generated by the N.B.A.’s national television and sponsorship deals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/...wnba-still-struggling-for-relevance.html?_r=0

Why does the men's team avg over 10,000 more attendees for a home game than the women?

Because the US men's team is generally getting their asses knocked around by famous internationally recognized teams.

Because the US men's team is generally getting their asses knocked around by famous internationally recognized teams.

I'm sure people in the US are clamoring to see Chile, Ghana, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago.

It's nothing personal, but it's the same for the US softball and women's basketball league - hardly anyone is watching that crap and there isn't money to be made.

Meanwhile in the real world:

Oh and:

http://www.thelocal.se/20130116/45646

Swedish football ladies beaten by teen boys

Sweden's women's national football team suffered a crushing defeat during a friendly in Stockholm on Tuesday, with the country's top female players finding themselves shutout by an undermanned local boys team.

Is Sweden a U.S state? Are the Swedish nationals in your video participating in the three-times Word Cup-winning U.S Women's National Team? Did the Swedes contributed any meaningful income figures for U.S Soccer?

No?

Then I'm afraid you're in the wrong thread, and your contribution is nowhere near this topic of discussion about world champions U.S WNT players (finally) getting the fair pay that they've earned on the field.

It's akin to coming into a debate about salary discrepancy inside the UFC (which we all know is true) with an argument about the Pakistan Fight Club (which has absolutely nothing to do with anything).

Last edited:
Thread Index:
---

U.S. women's team files wage-discrimination action vs. U.S. Soccer

Apr 1, 2016

201602041821661166083-p2.vadapt.664.high.23.jpeg

Five members of the U.S. women's national soccer team -- including Hope Solo, Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan -- have filed on behalf of the entire team a wage-discrimination action against the U.S. Soccer Federation with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

The filing, citing figures from the USSF's 2015 financial report, says that despite the women's team generating nearly $20 million more revenue last year than the U.S. men's team, the women are paid almost four times less.

"Recently, it has become clear that the Federation has no intention of providing us equal pay for equal work," Megan Rapinoe said in a news release, after also attaching her name to the filing along with Becky Sauerbrunn.

Tim Howard, the men's national team goalie, told ESPN's SportsCenter on Thursday that the men's team supports the women's team fight.

"We support the fact that the women should fight for their rights and fight for what they think is just compensation. We, on the men's side, have been fighting that battle for a long, long time," Howard told SportsCenter. "We certainly know what it feels like. We felt underpaid for a long time. We had to negotiate our way to a settlement."

Landon Donovan also chimed in on Twitter.

Among the numbers cited in the EEOC filing are that the women would earn $99,000 each if they won 20 friendlies, the minimum number they are required to play in a year. But the men would likely earn $263,320 each for the same feat, and would get $100,000 even if they lost all 20 games. Additionally, the women get paid nothing for playing more than 20 games, while the men get between $5,000 and $17,625 for each game played beyond 20.

"Every single day we sacrifice just as much as the men. We work just as much," Morgan told "Today." "We endure just as much physically and emotionally. Our fans really do appreciate us every day for that. We saw that with the high of last summer. We're really asking, and demanding now, that our federation, and our employer really, step up and appreciate us as well."

Also greatly disparate, according to the figures, is the pay for playing in the World Cup. The U.S. women received a team total of $2 million when it won the World Cup last year in Canada. Yet when the U.S. men played in the World Cup in Brazil in 2014, the team earned a total of $9 million despite going just 1-2-1 and being knocked out in the round of 16.

Many players on the national team have become increasingly vocal about gender equity in the sport, something that came to light in advance of last year's World Cup in Canada. A group of players led by Abby Wambach filed a complaint in Canada about the artificial turf playing surface, noting the men's World Cup is played on natural grass.

After the women won the World Cup with a 5-2 victory over Japan in the final, the turf issue arose again during a victory tour when a game in Hawaii was canceled because the artificial turf was deemed unsafe.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/art...discrimination-action-vs-us-soccer-federation

HILARIOUS. Should make less then the boys team.

I'm sure people in the US are clamoring to see Chile, Ghana, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago.

It's nothing personal, but it's the same for the US softball and women's basketball league - hardly anyone is watching that crap and there isn't money to be made.

well, when U 15 boys beat Women's Gold, its pure LULz thinking they deserve more money but, female victimhood knows know limits or bounds.

HILARIOUS. Should make less then the boys team.

How much revenue did that boys team (or any other teams that you're going to spam in this thread) brought in for U.S Soccer? Corporate endorsement? Ticket sales?

It's almost like the basic concept of economics is lost with you children, I swear.

Nah man, that's Europe.

As soon as they touches another player's jersey during a scramble, damn euro floppers would collapse to the ground as if they just got hit by a damn truck. There's actually a whole category on GIPHY for that bullshit:

https://giphy.com/search/soccer-flop

The U.S Men's National Team might not be world champions, but they have my utmost respect for not pretending to be Magikarps on the field like their UEFA colleages.

Does the MLS has instant-replay?

Why would you even compare two completely unrelated things? I don't compare my salary to an nba player just because we are both human. Why would you compare males basketball to men's? It's silly.

Does the MLS has instant-replay?

MLS to be among first leagues to experiment with video replay
Thursday June 2nd, 2016

mls-replay-referees-.jpg

Major League Soccer will be among the first leagues in the world to experiment with video replay, the IFAB and FIFA announced on Thursday.

Goals, penalty decisions, direct red card incidents and “mistaken identity,” a call made on an incorrect player, will all be reviewable. Offline, dry runs will take place first, with the 2016 FIFA Club World Cup being used as a final test event before leagues begin to run live experiments.

“The IFAB believes the best way to answer the question of whether the use of VARs will improve the game is to test it in different regions, so we are delighted to already have competitions across four confederations sign up,” International Football Association Board secretary Lukas Brud said in statement. “The organizers of these competitions can now begin installing and testing video replay facilities as well as training match officials and technical staff in line with the protocol and in consultation with The IFAB and FIFA’s Football Technology Innovation Department.”

MLS, along with leagues in Germany, Brazil, Austria, the Netherlands and Portugal, will begin testing with video assistant referees, or VARs, to use in games some time after the beginning of the 2017 season. The VARs will become acclimated with the setup of the system and the judgment of replays in the meantime.

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/02/mls-major-league-soccer-video-replay-referees

MLS to be among first leagues to experiment with video replay
Thursday June 2nd, 2016

mls-replay-referees-.jpg

Major League Soccer will be among the first leagues in the world to experiment with video replay, the IFAB and FIFA announced on Thursday.

Goals, penalty decisions, direct red card incidents and “mistaken identity,” a call made on an incorrect player, will all be reviewable. Offline, dry runs will take place first, with the 2016 FIFA Club World Cup being used as a final test event before leagues begin to run live experiments.

“The IFAB believes the best way to answer the question of whether the use of VARs will improve the game is to test it in different regions, so we are delighted to already have competitions across four confederations sign up,” International Football Association Board secretary Lukas Brud said in statement. “The organizers of these competitions can now begin installing and testing video replay facilities as well as training match officials and technical staff in line with the protocol and in consultation with The IFAB and FIFA’s Football Technology Innovation Department.”

MLS, along with leagues in Germany, Brazil, Austria, the Netherlands and Portugal, will begin testing with video assistant referees, or VARs, to use in games some time after the beginning of the 2017 season. The VARs will become acclimated with the setup of the system and the judgment of replays in the meantime.

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/02/mls-major-league-soccer-video-replay-referees

So not yet? then i find your claim that USians dont flop suspect.

The game rewards flopping and lying, that's why i refuse to watch said sport. Once video replay comes and people get yellows for flopping then the sport will really change.

How much revenue did that boys team (or any other teams that you're going to spam in this thread) brought in for U.S Soccer? Corporate endorsement? Ticket sales?

It's almost like the basic concept of economics is lost with you children, I swear.

Women are the ones pan handling for more money when they lack in value and quality. Not sure how this went over your head. Adversity to competition. I blame low testosterone.

Women are the ones pan handling for more money when they lack in value and quality. Not sure how this went over your head. Adversity to competition. I blame low testosterone.

Except US women team is one of the best in the world, the male team isnt even the best in the weakest soccer continent.

Back