News USADA Top Ten Most Tested 2023

I may be alone in saying this, but I really like the masculine angles of her facial bone structure. I'm one of the tallest and most jacked guys on sherdog and I'm pretty sure I could hang off her arms if she was hittin' a back-double bi.

If my head was a watermelon I'd want her to put it in between her thighs and squeeze until it opened up and my lumpy smooth brains popped out.
In this pic she looks like a special Olympics male competitor.

UFC-261-Cememonial-Weigh-In-01.jpg

I know the guy fails the eye test miserably, but 3 tests a month seems excessive
I know many people that are totally shredded and all-natty. It's not impossible or even improbable anymore. People work out and train hard. Results aren't always from PED's. Costa still suspect LOL.

Edit: This frequency of testing seems excessive. Faaaak harassment level.

I may be alone in saying this, but I really like the masculine angles of her facial bone structure. I'm one of the tallest and most jacked guys on sherdog and I'm pretty sure I could hang off her arms if she was hittin' a back-double bi.

If my head was a watermelon I'd want her to put it in between her thighs and squeeze until it opened up and my lumpy smooth brains popped out.

Get some help man.

That seems pretty bush league. Look at the giant gaps, and the gaps grow much larger when you go beyond 10 I'm sure.

Why would an active fighter slide by with half the tests of another fighter?

That doesn't make any sense; I see why there are so many conspiracy theories about USADA.

Only makes sense to be significantly higher in cases of previous positive tests imo. The rest should be somewhat similar, maybe slightly higher if somebody has more fights.

Because these graphics and numbers are misleading.

They are actually quoting the number of samples collected, not the 'number of tests.' If you get visited by USADA and they collect both blood and urine, that single visit is going to appear as 2 sample collections.
Right. And as I pointed out in another thread, Jessica Andrade with 21 samples is in line with her fighting 5 times this year. Makes sense for her.

Right. And as I pointed out in another thread, Jessica Andrade with 21 samples is in line with her fighting 5 times this year. Makes sense for her.

Hope you are enjoying the holidays my friend! Cheers

Because these graphics and numbers are misleading.

They are actually quoting the number of samples collected, not the 'number of tests.' If you get visited by USADA and they collect both blood and urine, that single visit is going to appear as 2 sample collections.
But I still don't get why there isn't more uniformity.

How often samples are collected at various intervals absolutely matters if you are trying to catch someone. If some get a double test, and others get two tests at differing times, that matters in terms of fairness. Also, the top starts at 30+ and the bottom is 17, and EVERYONE ELSE is below that. That is a huge disparity given just how many active fighters there are.

If some are getting different forms of testing (e.g. urine while others are getting blood) that is also a problem. I am not an expert in this, but I am seeing how the math adds up.

It makes sense for her, but does it make sense for those who have fought less to have a similar number of tests?

But I still don't get why there isn't more uniformity.

How often samples are collected at various intervals absolutely matters if you are trying to catch someone. If some get a double test, and others get two tests at differing times, that matters in terms of fairness. Also, the top starts at 30+ and the bottom is 17, and EVERYONE ELSE is below that. That is a huge disparity given just how many active fighters there are.

If some are getting different forms of testing (e.g. urine while others are getting blood) that is also a problem. I am not an expert in this, but I am seeing how the math adds up.

You have to set 'fairness' aside and understand the entire premise of this type of testing is being a black box. You are not supposed to understand, know or expect the distribution.

USADA is testing people based on data they have:

1) Remember when Jon Jones had his suspension reduced for giving 'substantial assistance' to USADA? That means he named other athletes on PEDS, or other coaches/people providing PEDS. USADA testing athletes includes information they have from third parties that they may be cheating.

2) Data on your previous test values. If you have within limits but 'suspicious' values, this is going to require additional testing. Some PEDS are notoriously hard to catch because they have a short half life. USADA doesn't hate money/resources, if you see someone like Jiri getting tested repeatedly, its likely because they believe he may be on a short acting substance based on values, or someone credible giving them information.

3) Frequency and value of your fight schedule. Fighting in multiple title fights or marquee headline fights? Expect to see USADA more than guys who fight infrequently. Then combine 1-2-3 together and understand someone like Costa could easily have a combination of all these items in play.

I have questions about USADA drug testing. Are they testing to make sure they're on the good drugs?

UFC-261-Cememonial-Weigh-In-01.jpg
The people who get tested a lot probably have weird biomarkers. They might pass the test but their levels aren't stable or all over the place. They test a lot to figure out an average for a person's biomarker profile.

You have to set 'fairness' aside and understand the entire premise of this type of testing is being a black box. You are not supposed to understand, know or expect the distribution.

USADA is testing people based on data they have:

1) Remember when Jon Jones had his suspension reduced for giving 'substantial assistance' to USADA? That means he named other athletes on PEDS, or other coaches/people providing PEDS. USADA testing athletes includes information they have from third parties that they may be cheating.

2) Data on your previous test values. If you have within limits but 'suspicious' values, this is going to require additional testing. Some PEDS are notoriously hard to catch because they have a short half life. USADA doesn't hate money/resources, if you see someone like Jiri getting tested repeatedly, its likely because they believe he may be on a short acting substance based on values, or someone credible giving them information.

3) Frequency and value of your fight schedule. Fighting in multiple title fights or marquee headline fights? Expect to see USADA more than guys who fight infrequently. Then combine 1-2-3 together and understand someone like Costa could easily have a combination of all these items in play.
Makes sense; a system of non-uniformity to increase the likelihood of catching cheaters.

So only one champion in the top ten (Jones), three strawweights, and one fighter in the top five who didn’t even fight in 2023.

Costa leans down a lot after that Izzy's whipped. Mentally and physically beat down played a huge role in dieting/maintaining your usual physique masses.

Back