USADA trialing new anti-doping test method in UFC

There are downsides though. It's widely believed that's what caused Ronaldos early retirement from football/soccer after it fucked up his knees.

He was doing hgh as a young player, caused him careerlong problems

He was also doing fries, beer, burgers and mommas cooking which fucked his knees up when his job is sprinting 85 mins a game (twice or three times a week) plus daily training at the highest level clubs.

i hate to say it but hgh is without a doubt fukn awesome man!! i was absolutely shredded and had that 3d look effect. it was awesome for shredding fat, recovery, and anti aging and lean muscle.. when i was doing it for those two years its by far the best i ever looked. The downside is that it is sooo fkn expensive and you have to do it for around 6 months straight to get the desired effects..

I dont know if u watch football but if u do, remember when ray lewis came back from that tore tricept? . thats like a 6 month recovery and this dude was playing less than 3 months after he tore it. If he wasnt taken hgh i would be veryyy surprised because thats one of the crazy benefits of hgh...speedy recovery exactly like that.
I’m pretty sure Adrian Peterson did the same, as well. He tore his acl and then came back super quick, and had the best season of his career lol

No, Jeff is employed by the UFC

he is basically in charge of educating the athletes how to compete clean, how to make good supplementation choices etc, and if they do test positive hes there to assist them with investigating the cause, and liases between the ufc and usada

UFC brought him in to basically clean up their image. A few months after they hired him, the USADA partnership was announced. Before that Fetitta/Dana were bellyaching about how much it would cost for testing and that such things should be left to the 'govt'. And it was only one of the things that Zuffa was planning to change (at the time) to appear more legit possibly because of the looming threat of an antitrust suit.

Novitzky duties has expanded to dealing with fighter health issues like weight cutting at the UFC performance institute and dealing with legal issues about brain damage and legislative efforts.

He is also very useful as a mouthpiece to tell govt/court officials how the UFC has higher testing standards than competing promotions and trying to rope UFC into a league with other promotions to deal with the antitrust/monopoly issue would be unfair to the UFC.

@USADA
giphy.gif

920x1240-920x400.jpg

https://mma-today.com/ufc-usada-trialing-cutting-edge-anti-doping-method

In conversation with Joe Rogan on the JRE Experience, UFC Vice President of athlete performance Jeff Novitzky revealed that the UFC are now employing cutting edge technology on behalf of USADA.

Described by Novitzky as “leeching” a small device pierces the athletes skin in a similar manner to that in which a diabetic would collect a sample, and a drop of blood is applied to a testing card where it is dried, and then sealed and shipped to the lab. There they can be analysed for a wide range of substances including stimulants, steroids, drugs of abuse and human growth hormone.

Any idea on what the detection window for HGH is with this collection method?

this is it for the golden roid monster coming out of africa i guess

I am curious as to what training the UFC's Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance actually has in sports science and / or medicinal chemistry? It appears as if he has no formal education or training in these areas.

I’m pretty sure Adrian Peterson did the same, as well. He tore his acl and then came back super quick, and had the best season of his career lol

yup exactly right!!

Any idea on what the detection window for HGH is with this collection method?

this study had it at 8-12 hours

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27507700 (abstract)

https://t.co/hkf95yREq5?amp=1 (PDF Link)

it would be in line with the traditional hgh testing method. It wouldnt be as good as the biomarkers test that can detected use for weeks but requires full blood sample

but, the idea is this blood spot collection could be collected on 100% of test sessions instead of blood being collected only 20% of the time

so from that sense, adding a 8-12 hour hgh window on every single sample is huge

I am curious as to what training the UFC's Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance actually has in sports science and / or medicinal chemistry? It appears as if he has no formal education or training in these areas.

And Travis Tygart is a lawyer...

Leave the lab coats to have the chemistry qualifications. and leave the guys at the gym to have the sports science degrees

And Travis Tygart is a lawyer...

Leave the lab coats to have the chemistry qualifications. and leave the guys at the gym to have the sports science degrees

Are you aware than many of the lab guys have sports science degrees? And I am well aware of the fact that Travis has no formal training in the field directly related to the organization he is in charge of.

You do not have any physical experience in this field.

Needs to test for synthetic hgh metabolites not active synth hgh which is out of your blood stream hours after injected. Wonder what way they go... could make ufc better

Diabetics do effortlessly everyday. How does that push the line on being acceptable?

So you are comparing testing to a chronic disease? lol. You think diabetics want to do that? Do you think they would rather not have diabetes in the first place?

Anyone know the difference in blood vs urine when it comes to steroids and what not? I know for drugs it can detect things like weed for longer but for short term drugs like coke, it would be out of your system almost just as quick right? Imagine if they did hair testing. This will be interesting to see what the fallout might be.

Good stuff @dimspace . USADA will be undefeated again in 2018.... ;)

USADA is undefeated?
{<jordan}

USADA has dirty athletes passing tests at every event.

Or do you actually believe that these guys are pissing hot the first time they ever use steroids under USADA lol{<jordan}

Back