Economy Use Cash sherbros

There's a couple of shops in my area ran by what could be best described as some sort of leftist, vegan, smug pseudo-intelligentsia who pride themselves on not accepting cash because "It's the future" or there might be Invisible Dots of Doom™ (Coof) on it. Like using cards only and having every transaction you make tracked represents some sort of bright, beautiful future in their deranged little heads. If you want to end up in the future of Huxley or Orwell, maybe.

"The future" is already here lol.

It's just much easier for businesses to not deal with cash registers and have to deal with petty theft and employees who can't count.

Corporate America is why you are gonna be paying for groceries in fortnite VBucks in a few years lmao, not the "leftists"

A while back I got a fraud alert telling me that my debit card was being used to purchase $500 worth of diesel at a truck stop two hours away. I denied the charge, but it still went through. Took a couple of days for me to get the money back. My card had been skimmed at a rural gas station.

Since then I refuse to put my card in, only use pumps with the tap function. Specifically Costco gas because they are very trustworthy and efficient. Costco also sells gold bars, but they have been selling out of those recently. Costco is the best and I highly recommend investing in a membership there.

107348382-1702665425783-costcogold.png

cental banks have been slowly removing cash from circulation,

Since we know the amount of cash in circulation in the US and we can see that it increases over time we can safely assume this conspiracy is not currently under way here.

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash upon request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Canada did this during the trucker protests without digital currency.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital
are you that fucking stupid?

When I first saw his post I thought he made some very good points. However, after reading your well reasoned and thought out response, it is clear that he was completely wrong.
if u get banned from palypal, banks, etc cash can be used as a way to keep $$ or pay for things. (also that mod used that lined on me once, so been saving it for a while)

Last edited:
When I first saw his post I thought he made some very good points. However, after reading your well reasoned and thought out response, it is clear that he was completely wrong.
just BC people have moronic reasoning for believing something true or good doesnt make it less true or good

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash up on request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Canada did this during the trucker protests without digital currency.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital
Even if another Carrington Event happens having cash isn't going to matter. Our economic system is so digital and or currency is only backed by the word of the government. A catastrophic event could create a hardship, but having all of your assets in cash isn't going to help. Keeping some cash on hand for an emergency situation isn't a bad idea, but everything in cash is just nutter conspiracy crap.

Even if another Carrington Event happens having cash isn't going to matter. Our economic system is so digital and or currency is only backed by the word of the government. A catastrophic event could create a hardship, but having all of your assets in cash isn't going to help. Keeping some cash on hand for an emergency situation isn't a bad idea, but everything in cash is just nutter conspiracy crap.
missing the point, if everything digital they can turn offf aany possible income a lot easier. ppl be working under the table for potatoes n eggs

Always carry cash for tipping and such, but cards for most purchasing.

If shit goes tits up, ain't no gold or valuables going to help the vast majority anyway. You will need to adapt or die, so I am not going to worry about it too much now.
Same...I always Tip with cash and even though I'm not rich by any means I always tip my servers and all others well.

My credit score is 800ish and I have cash back on every purchase cards. When I use cash, everything is a little bit more expensive. People who use cash are forced to do so, generally, and are subsidizing my cash back rewards by paying inflated prices. Truly patriotic businesses force me to use cash by insisting on higher prices for people paying with credit card. That's fine. But the system isn't going anywhere. Might as well get your free money.

I thought we were supposed to start trading in gold again..?

Is that over, are we back to paper?

My credit score is 800ish and I have cash back on every purchase cards. When I use cash, everything is a little bit more expensive. People who use cash are forced to do so, generally, and are subsidizing my cash back rewards by paying inflated prices. Truly patriotic businesses force me to use cash by insisting on higher prices for people paying with credit card. That's fine. But the system isn't going anywhere. Might as well get your free money.
thats the trick. they are farmers. they suck u like trapping hogs in a pen using the carrot and the stick. sure ill use a card once in a while if i have to, less than five percent of the time for major discount or sending some a gift online.

IMO sacfricifing $5-10 a month by forgoing discounts worth it to fight the good fight.

Yeah. Having a grand or 2 of cash safe at home for if there's a computer issue or other unforeseen circumstance (Identity theft being the most likely)? That makes sense

Thinking something will happen where people get by with just cash for years? It doesn't make sense. If things are that fucked cash won't matter either.

Reactions: LMP
Yep. Whatever helps save money and get some rewards back is A-Ok in my book. Cash back rewards add up very quickly, and worth the risk that comes with cards. At least to me they are.

A while back I got a fraud alert telling me that my debit card was being used to purchase $500 worth of diesel at a truck stop two hours away. I denied the charge, but it still went through. Took a couple of days for me to get the money back. My card had been skimmed at a rural gas station.

Since then I refuse to put my card in, only use pumps with the tap function. Specifically Costco gas because they are very trustworthy and efficient. Costco also sells gold bars, but they have been selling out of those recently. Costco is the best and I highly recommend investing in a membership there.

107348382-1702665425783-costcogold.png
Is that a today price? Or picture you pulled off google? That's lower than I think some places buy gold ounces at. So could just be buy and churn, or buy at lower than market cost if you do think Gold is a worthwhile physical investment.

We got some 1oz cold coins when wife's grandpa passed (he fell down CT and sold off a bunch of stuff to buy gold shortly before he passed.), I'd been looking at goldprice.org occasionally to see what it's value is

I don't think Gold is some necessity in a world financial collapse (it's just a shiny rock), but I figured we may as well hold onto those gold coins instead of cashing in because why not. Worst case, it's a couple months income if I lose my job in a small package.

Yep. Whatever helps save money and get some rewards back is A-Ok in my book. Cash back rewards add up very quickly, and worth the risk that comes with cards. At least to me they are.
I felt the same. But wife had trouble with swiping the credit card feeling like "magic money" whereas a debit card results in that money being automatically taken from checking account so see money number go down with every starbucks or Target purchase.

So we switched to debit card for daily purchases, results in spending less beyond the 2% cash back. Everyone has to find a system that works for them.

I felt the same. But wife had trouble with swiping the credit card feeling like "magic money" whereas a debit card results in that money being automatically taken from checking account so see money number go down with every starbucks or Target purchase.

So we switched to debit card for daily purchases, results in spending less beyond the 2% cash back. Everyone has to find a system that works for them.
Well yeah, if you cannot manage what you spend, then it will certainly get you into trouble. And with a quickness. Saw many folks my age just royally mess up their credit. I had 0 credit until my late 20's. Everything was cash, and never got any CCs, thinking that was the right way to do things. Try buying a home or car now with 0 credit? Pretty difficult

Yep my wife has the same issue so we've cut up all her cards and she just uses debit and she has an account with mine that she uses for house stuff that I pay off. She knows that card isn't to be used for things she wants though.

I personally use the 2% cash back but I'm one of the cheapest people I know. I hate spending money on anything but video games which isn't really an expensive hobby.

missing the point, if everything digital they can turn offf aany possible income a lot easier. ppl be working under the table for potatoes n eggs
Not missing the point. The magical "they" could make it to where that cash you value is not accepted, then you would have a worthless paper thar isn't backed by anything. If you are that worried about the asset holding value you should have a physical asset that will hold a value. Cash ain't it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back