Crime Use it in a Sentence (special counsel thread v. 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to having a president I can return the capitalization to out of basic respect for the office. Something the president doesn't have in that "real dump" he deigns to live in.

Lets also not forget that this President purposely separated families from one another and to date still has a few hundred that appear will never be reunited.

As a father I find this to be the most despicable action of this Presidency and I hope karma rears it’s ugly head.

Lets also not forget that this President purposely separated families from one another and to date still has a few hundred that appear will never be reunited.

As a father I find this to be the most despicable action of this Presidency and I hope karma rears it’s ugly head.
Yep.
In my opinion, it was the same playbook they always use, fear driven distraction politics.

And it's over a relatively small number of people.

For luls but will get lost in the shuffle, Trump National hired illegals. I'm shocked!

Concurrently, there's a lawsuit against the Trump Org over the emoluments clause and foreign government entities booking Trump Tower.
This seems to be another thing his supporters can wave off as being no big deal and it baffles me.

I think you are on the right track, though. I believe they will need actual proof he coordinated with Russia in the DNC Hack > Russia > Wikileaks > chain. But if they have proof, it will no longer be possible to deny he has betrayed his country and needs to be tossed out of office. I have no doubt they have sufficient proof of Trump Jr doing that so I would be willing to bet he will be charged, but Daddy-o? Not so sure.
I address the 'collusion', 'conspiracy', 'synergy' link in post 2. All that is left is to see what actual evidence Mueller has to substantiate it which we won't see until it is either given to Congress for impeachment or filed in court.

He said what Trump would be remembered for. I will remember Trump for lowering my taxes and defanging the EPA. I was on topic just fine

Lol you Kool aid drinkers would elect Hitler if he promised to lower your taxes.

"Who cares about the concentration camps. He lowered my taxes"

He'll be impeached and removed. Even the cowardly Nancy Pelosi is left with no choice now that definitive proof of felonious conduct during the campaign has been brought forth. At this point the Mueller Report is only running up the score.

That's not how it works. It doesn't matter what Pelosi or the House thinks. It has to go through the Senate. It will not go through the Senate. Dems would be stupid to even try.

As an aside we all know that if this goes the impeachment road that is a political process. Even if Trump is impeached in the Congress his Republican base may refuse to do so in the Senate.

There is a high likelihood no criminal charges by either Federal or State will be filed if an impeachment is possible that would then remove any question regarding the charging of a sitting President.

HOWEVER

Would lets say Trump survives impeachment in the Senate, does that keep Mueller or any of the State Courts from filing criminal charges after 2020 if Trump IS NOT President then? I know already these charges have no statute of limitations and Mueller and the States could simply seal them NOW and do nothing with them while Trump is President and then file them once he is not. That is an option.

But my question is more around a form of double jeopardy. If Trump goes through the entire impeachment process and the Senate refuses to act on the evidence, could the Fed and State's just say 'ok, we will wait...'.

I've noticed since Friday, most of the Trump supporters are just keeping their mouths shut, with several intermittent sprinkles of Alex Jones level deep state idiocy here and there...but none of them are changing their support for Trump. Because it was never about whether Trump was a liar or a criminal...it's always been about maintaining a personal ideology and "stickin it to the libs".

I even read a thread started by a Trumper who was basically dancing around the idea that the woman in Charlottesville basically deserved to get hit by a car and killed for disrupting a "gathering". Another idiot comes on here saying, after exhausting conspiracy theories and claiming the universally respected Mueller was incompetent, that we should be ready for civil war and good luck fighting angry guerrilla "white men" with guns.

Wtf guys? You don't have to become a lesbian sjw after condemning Trump. The stuff that has come out is mild yet criminal and nobody really believes Mueller is done by any stretch.

He'll be impeached and removed. Even the cowardly Nancy Pelosi is left with no choice now that definitive proof of felonious conduct during the campaign has been brought forth. At this point the Mueller Report is only running up the score.
Only the Senate can remove him. And a Republican Senate wouldn't do such a thing even if Jeebus himself floated down from on High and called Trump a prick imo

But my question is more around a form of double jeopardy. If Trump goes through the entire impeachment process and the Senate refuses to act on the evidence, could the Fed and State's just say 'ok, we will wait...'.

I believe so. An impeachment is to merely remove the President. I don't believe it has any basis on the law. The charges could still be filed afterwards, no matter what happens. It's why Nixon was granted a pardon after he stepped down, because they could've still charged him if they wanted to, once he out of office.

If this goes to impeachment proceedings, -and let's dispense with the bullshit, in any other presidency they would already be underway- Donald Trump will find himself in a situation where his support among current lapdog Republicans in the Senate and Congress collapses as they run for the exits like a crowd in a theater fire.

I address the 'collusion', 'conspiracy', 'synergy' link in post 2. All that is left is to see what actual evidence Mueller has to substantiate it which we won't see until it is either given to Congress for impeachment or filed in court.
Indeed, I was merely pointing to what I think will actually be required to get him out of office.

The most common guess seems to be that we have quid pro quo on Magnitsky etc with major campaign finance crime, right? Agree that doesn't make the Senate move. We need definitive proof of money laundering (which often goes hand-in-hand with campaign finance stuff). It's not too far off but we're not there.

What about conspiracy to hack the DNC and lying to the public? That's kinda what got Nixon. Is that just, like, no longer a thing? I think that could still end up being a thing.
I'm not saying justification is out of reach given what appears to be a litany of shady shit. But both you and I know any GOP senator voting to impeach is also voting to end their political career and kill their partie's power.

If this goes to impeachment proceedings, -and let's dispense with the bullshit, in any other presidency they would already be underway- Donald Trump will find himself in a situation where his support among current lapdog Republicans in the Senate and Congress collapses as they run for the exits like a crowd in a theater fire.
It would have to be unbelievably airtight and also very very serious. There's no way these turds willingly risk voting themselves out of office and out of power otherwise.

I see shit getting very ugly if this goes to impeachment over campaign finance laws related only to paying off women for NDAs on affairs.

I think Mueller is doing a thorough job and looking for anything and everything in this investigation.

My question is how is the general public going to react if there is no evidence of collusion but some other stuff comes to light that leads to impeachment. I think we see some massive political violence if that happens.

It would have to be unbelievably airtight and also very very serious. There's no way these turds willingly risk voting themselves out of office and out of power otherwise.
Oh, when it's all wrapped and paid for, I think Individual 1 will likely escape something serious while many around him continue to fall.
He's the magical island of Purity in a sea of crooks.

Or at least that's the image he has to project, because there's no doubting he surrounded himself with crooks actively engaging in business deals with agents of the Russian government.

My prediction is that he survives but is toxic.

That's not how it works. It doesn't matter what Pelosi or the House thinks. It has to go through the Senate. It will not go through the Senate. Dems would be stupid to even try.
They would be stupid to try unless they think the evidence is so overwhelming and clear that either the Repub Senators will feel morally compelled to act properly (LOL we know that won't happen) or the Repub Senators continue to see core Repub support plummet and they decide they have to make moves to separate themselves from this president or they will continue to go down even as the hard core base props him up just enough, just as happened in the MidTerms.

I think it is possible we already see the Repub's setting the stage for this depending on how bad the report is. There very uncharacteristic split from Trump and his White House staff over Saudi and the very public scolding they have give the Trump White house and the insults they have thrown at them might portend that willingness to split. (not holding my breath on that either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back