Usman's Hype is mind boggling

not a drawl, my man

for sure check your work ethic, B

what else ya got chin

Then you should acknowledge that a lot of WW fighters are unwilling to risk their resumes against Usman knowing he's a handful. Because top guys are unwilling to showcase so fight fans are left with the eye test to judge Usman, some see it as boring, others as grinding & relentless. If Usman is getting any hype it's deserved just on the fact higher profile WW's are avoiding him..

I don't buy that shit. Everyone claims ______ is ducking ______ as a business tactic to goad people into signing. No one is afraid to fight Usman, the money just isn't right

None of those guys were ever that big of a deal except maybe Vera

If you don't want to ever make predictions on anyone because you've been heartbroken too many times fine, but don't go around shitting on all of them saying their resumes suck right at the beginning of their UFC run in the top ten.

Ya'pessimist brah

You're obviously too young a MMA fan to remember how hyped Roger Huerta was. The motherfucker made the cover of Sports Illustrated ffs.

Uriah Hall was talked about as being a legit challenge to Anderson when he was still champion.
Will Brooks was supposed to challenge for the title after one or two wins in the UFC.

I don't buy that shit. Everyone claims ______ is ducking ______ as a business tactic to goad people into signing. No one is afraid to fight Usman, the money just isn't right

You don't have to buy it facts are facts nobody is taking fights with him and it's got f*k all to with ranks and everything protecting their ass and resumes...

People like winners, and supporting an up and coming guy calling him the next champ before it's cool, so 1-2 years from now they can say "I called that shit" everyone just laughs off the prospects who never get there anyways.<Gordonhat>

True. People do this in general, with their opinions as well. I think its called confirmation bias.

TS is right. This hype train needs to be exposed. The UFC should feed him to Sage Northcutt.

Usman is a hard guy to beat, his strong as shit seems to able to take anyone down and likes to grind the fight out. His striking does seems to improve and he has power I say give him a chance, too bad Ponzi pulled out I would've loved to see that fight.

The guy is legit. Needs to be more well-rounded. But once he does get a name opponent and goes 100%... we will find out if he is worthy of the top-tier.

Dominated everyone he's fought in the UFC
Entire top 10 is avoiding him
Not hard to "get"

If he sees some real progression in his striking, he will be a serious problem for the top 10.

And his hype is only at about 36% right now.

Holy shit

30 years old; 6 Years pro
7 fights in the UFC against prelim level fighters
Only 2 finishes
Mediocre wrestling heavy style that isn't exciting

And yet people are talking about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something
tj?

You don't have to buy it facts are facts nobody is taking fights with him and it's got f*k all to with ranks and everything protecting their ass and resumes...

Its not fact until you can prove it's fear that's the cause

30 years old; 6 Years pro
7 fights in the UFC against prelim level fighters
Only 2 finishes
Mediocre wrestling heavy style that isn't exciting

And yet people are talking about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something
is tj dillashaw something special?

People like winners, and supporting an up and coming guy calling him the next champ before it's cool, so 1-2 years from now they can say "I called that shit" everyone just laughs off the prospects who never get there anyways.<Gordonhat>
That's the trend. When you tally it up year after year on here people usually go 1 for 20 but they called it lol.

Usman is a fucking animal, people on Sherdog aren't convinced of anyone until they are in the latter stages of their legacy.

If you don't get the Usman hype, the Darren Till hype, the Kevin Lee hype, etc.; you just don't have an eye for the sport.
Kevin Lee has a glass jaw. He won't make it into the elite. Mark my words

Back