Usyk vs Joshua 2 August 20th

Holy shit I just seen that @PUO3 was actually saying Fury was ducking Whyte before they fought.
{<jordan}
You conveniently didnt quote the posts for the context though. I wonder why.

Nice dick tuck attempt from looking like a clown regarding Fury/Wlad though.

Imagine being this clueless about the sport of boxing.

Fury won every round and dethroned a guy who'd been dominant for 10 years. Beat him at his own game. Fuck I love how bitter Fury makes the haters. Dossers.

the scorecards were 115-112, 115-112, and 116-111. he did not, in fact, win every round.

who is a fury hater here? have you seen the fight? like literally, have you actually sat through it? the few of us that have, know that it was a fucking travesty. yeah, fury won. that doesn't mean he was impressive in his performance. it was one of the most horrible fights in boxing history.

LOL at people saying Joshua has a better resumé than Fury. How clueless can people be?
As a whole AJ's resumé is better. That is, it's deeper. It's filled with Top 10 wins. There's a larger body of work. On the other hand the top of Fury's resumé is better but beyond that it's thin in comparison. It's not hard to understand.

Last edited:
As a whole AJ's resumé is better. That is, it's deeper. It's filled with Top 10 wins. There's a larger body of work. On the other hand the top of Fury's resumé is better but beyond that it's thin in comparison. It's not hard to understand.
This is pretty much exactly how I see it, past saying it's "better". They both have Wlad, which I see as a close to equal win. Fury's fight with Wlad was an absolute stinker, but as much as the fight sucked he still beat a Wlad that had not lost in over a decade. Wlad looked better/more in shape/better version of himself coming back against AJ and AJ stopped him, but also got hurt himself in the process. I rate these as pretty close to equal, maybe a slight advantage to AJ (Wlad had been out but it was only a year and a half, not a long retirement or anything). Past that, Wilder is a better win than AJ has on his resume (other than the Wlad comparison which both have) and Fury has that twice. That said, AJ has a much deeper list of top 10/good wins than Fury does. Because the 2 losses AJ has have to count on a resume too I rate them pretty equal with Fury having no losses and the better "best" win/wins, and AJ having a deeper list of really good wins and maybe a better Wlad win.

Last edited:
This is pretty much exactly how I see it, past saying it's "better". They both have Wlad, which I see as a close to equal win. Fury's fight with Wlad was an absolute stinker, but as much as the fight sucked he still beat a Wlad that had not lost in over a decade. Wlad looked better/more in shape/better version of himself coming back against AJ and AJ stopped him, but also got hurt himself in the process. I rate these as pretty close to equal, maybe a slight advantage to AJ (Wlad had been out but it was only a year and a half, not a long retirement or anything). Past that, Wilder is a better win than AJ has on his resume (other than the Wlad comparison which both have) and Fury has that twice. That said, AJ has a much deeper list of top 10/good wins than Fury does. Because the 2 losses AJ has have to count on a resume too I rate them pretty equal with Fury having no losses and the better "best" win/wins, and AJ having a deeper list of really good wins and maybe a better Wlad win.
See? You get it. Like I said before it isn't hard to understand. Fury's resume is a bit more top heavy but at the same time he has a much more shallow body of work than AJ. The depth of a fighter's resume needs to be taken into account and not just their biggest wins at the very top. You're not getting the full picture if you don't look at it as a whole.

Holy shit I just seen that @PUO3 was actually saying Fury was ducking Whyte before they fought.
{<jordan}

Whyte can hardly coast in against club level fighters. He is just a hair better than the average HW and that he's complied a nice record speaks to the mediocrity once you move below the very top names of the division.

Imagine being this clueless about the sport of boxing.

Fury won every round and dethroned a guy who'd been dominant for 10 years. Beat him at his own game. Fuck I love how bitter Fury makes the haters. Dossers.

Holy fuck, we actually have a Man Yaaaniiited fan talking shit.

Interesting pairing. I doubt Robert Garcia can offer him anything other than motivate him to go for it this time. AJ knows what he needs to do. He's said as much. His mentality has to change if he's to have a chance in the rematch. No amount of gameplanning will matter if his mentality remains the same.
0_Screenshot-2022-05-30-at-175300.jpg

I would figure a bigger factor than Garcia training Joshua , even though it's a good move is how erratic Usyks life has been with the stuff in Ukraine, yeah its not what it was when it first started but bouncing between the Ukraine and Greece and worrying about family will take its toll thankfully has the benefit of still having time to prep but that may also be enough time for Garcia to add small tweaks to Joshua's approach.

I would figure a bigger factor than Garcia training Joshua , even though it's a good move is how erratic Usyks life has been with the stuff in Ukraine, yeah its not what it was when it first started but bouncing between the Ukraine and Greece and worrying about family will take its toll thankfully has the benefit of still having time to prep but that may also be enough time for Garcia to add small tweaks to Joshua's approach.
Yeah that's a much bigger factor. Usyk will need to be laser focused again and that's hard to do with all of the shit going on in his country. AJ's been working on body punching as of late while Usyk's been working on better defense to them (altering his stance allegedly).

Yeah that's a much bigger factor. Usyk will need to be laser focused again and that's hard to do with all of the shit going on in his country. AJ's been working on body punching as of late while Usyk's been working on better defense to them (altering his stance allegedly).

Usyk boxed the breaks off of him , but I don't recall Joshua being in significant trouble where as Usyk has to be wary of Joshua's heavier blows , if Garcia gets Anthony to commit to the body that could something up later in the fight and slow down Usyk's boxing.

Usyk boxed the breaks off of him , but I don't recall Joshua being in significant trouble where as Usyk has to be wary of Joshua's heavier blows , if Garcia gets Anthony to commit to the body that could something up later in the fight and slow down Usyk's boxing.
AJ was in trouble at the end of round 12. Part of that is because he was exhausted and Usyk was unloading. However, a lot of those shots actually didn't land or only partially landed. But they still had AJ disoriented and not firing back. He was getting lit up. The one thing that did work well for AJ in the first fight was those heavy body shots but Usyk is fully aware of that heading into the rematch. By changing his stance to one that's more bladed than square it'll be harder for AJ to get to his body. AJ can't allow Usyk to get off to such a strong start again. That's really what cost him the fight last time out. He allowed Usyk to make a statement and Usyk did hurt him early (wobbled him briefly).

AJ was in trouble at the end of round 12. Part of that is because he was exhausted and Usyk was unloading. However, a lot of those shots actually didn't land or only partially landed. But they still had AJ disoriented and not firing back. He was getting lit up. The one thing that did work well for AJ in the first fight was those heavy body shots but Usyk is fully aware of that heading into the rematch. By changing his stance to one that's more bladed than square it'll be harder for AJ to get to his body. AJ can't allow Usyk to get off to such a strong start again. That's really what cost him the fight last time out. He allowed Usyk to make a statement and Usyk did hurt him early (wobbled him briefly).

Do you think Robert Tells him to lean on him ? To try to wear him down early ?

Do you think Robert Tells him to lean on him ? To try to wear him down early ?
I'm sure Robert will advise AJ to make it rough when he can and be more physical than last time. Because last time AJ wasn't physical at all. I think we'll see a more aggressive AJ looking to cut the ring more and target the body early. Throw in a bit of physicality from AJ on top of that and that's probably their gameplan. AJ isn't Chisora so pressing forward and being an absolute dog in there is something I don't think we'll see. You have to have confidence in your chin to pull that off and a different mentality than AJ has currently.

What cost him the fight is Usyk being a much better, more skilled fighter.

What cost him the fight is Usyk being a much better, more skilled fighter.
That's an oversimplification. The bigger man should do better early than the smaller man. The smaller man will look better as the fight goes later. That's how it was expected to play out. Roy said something similar on commentary that AJ made a huge mistake allowing Usyk to assert himself early. AJ took most of the mid rounds so had he gotten off to a better start we would've been looking at a draw or a narrow AJ win.

Back