Valentina basically saying Grasso won by luck

She said something like “you can be winning every aspect of the fight and one wrong thing can lose you the fight.”

Not sure she was winning every aspect of that fight…. Seemed to be getting pieced up on the feet and had to wrestle to get the win.
She didn't say she was winning every aspect. You guys that like to hate are weird. "One wrong thing" is exactly the reality. Anybody can get KO'd with 8 oz gloves. Anyone can get subbed. Make a mistake and you pay for it.
Grasso doesn't get that sub without Shev going for that spinning back kick when she was too close. Bullet made a mistake and Grasso capitalized on it.

It was close and competitive with Shev being able to get the TDs. Pretty even IMO. "Had to wrestle to get the win" as if wrestling isn't part of Shev's game is kind of stupid. Shev is very good everywhere. If you are a good striker she can take you down. She can submit you and she is also a great striker.

Val was getting ate up on the feet and immediately went to clinching/grappling with the accidental headbutt. Like she did last fight. Hit the new champ late and tried to choke her after the bell. Lol

She handled it well.

Dunno how the rounds were scored.

Val is fucking awesome.

Val was getting ate up on the feet and immediately went to clinching/grappling with the accidental headbutt. Like she did last fight. Hit the new champ late and tried to choke her after the bell. Lol
Grasso got the illegal kick
And it was pretty even on the feet..it was just shocking to see grasso do so well...Thank goodness some competition in the division now

Grasso got the illegal kick
And it was pretty even on the feet..it was just shocking to see grasso do so well...Thank goodness some competition in the division now

Yeah, Val looking human. Division finally caught up. Or she's slowing down.

I’m just glad I can stop reading about Valentina being in GOAT discussion. She was the champ of the weakest division in the ufc and lost to the first two decent fighters she fought.

I’m just glad I can stop reading about Valentina being in GOAT discussion. She was the champ of the weakest division in the ufc and lost to the first two decent fighters she fought.

People here need to finally admit that this division is and has always been crap.

I think all the punches Grasso landed did some real damage, Schev is hallucinating.

Meh. Can we all stop with the “Grasso was beating her up on the feet” shit.

She landed like 5 clean hard solid punches. Val was never in any trouble and landed several nice shots of her own. It was very even on the feet. Val clearly dominated the grappling and would’ve comfortably won if she didn’t do that dumb shit. And after she got grabbed her defense was terrible. Val looked unprepared and frankly poor based on the talent she has. And still was easily winning.

Shades of weidman rockhold where you make one dumb move and it’s a wrap. But that’s the sport. I’d favor her big in a rematch.

You threw the kick too close, big mistake. I'm sure she'll take the rematch, but the blame falls on her for the loss.

She wasn't happy, obviously, but she was right. Yeah, Grasso landed a combo in the first but that was her only offense until the choke. That being said, we rightfully hold Valentina to such a high standard, it's fair to say she looked a little off tonight. Hopefully it's just an off night, and not age and mileage creeping up.

She said something like “you can be winning every aspect of the fight and one wrong thing can lose you the fight.”

Not sure she was winning every aspect of that fight…. Seemed to be getting pieced up on the feet and had to wrestle to get the win.

That's not saying it was luck at all lol.

She's saying she fucked up and paid for it.

This is absolutely true that's why this sport is so interesting, you can be winning the whole fight one mistake can end the fight in so many different ways this is not the first and wont be the last.

Back