News Valentina Shevchenko vs. Katlyn Chookagian February 8th UFC 247

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date

Who wins?

• Total voters
That’s not a bad start to the card. 2-3 more solid fights and that’s a great card.

There's already more fights

Osp vs Ryan Spann
Dan Ige vs Mirsad Bektic
Juan Adams vs Justin Tafa
Sodiq Yusuff vs ????
Andrea Lee vs Lauren Murphy

It seems like we are going to have a second straight January PPV cancelled.
Anyways, Valentina by murder. The usual.
What’s a “full camp”, 6 weeks right? So they’d have to throw it together in the next two weeks, and there’s no way they go into ufc 245 without something to promote if that’s the next ppv card

Chookagian really hasn't a hope.
I mean...well good for her for persuading the UFC she is ready for a title-shot but Valentina is so far ahead on almost every level. Anything other than a Round#1 destruction by Shevchenko will be mildly disappointing.

There's already more fights

Osp vs Ryan Spann
Dan Ige vs Mirsad Bektic
Sodiq Yusuff vs ????
Tafa is gonna get redemption with a brutal KO of Adams, lol. Didn't know that fight was made.

I hope this is like Shevchenko-Eye, but I'm worried it will be like Shevchenko-Carmouche.

Tafa is gonna get redemption with a brutal KO of Adams, lol. Didn't know that fight was made.

Its clearly a loser goes home match up. Not confident in Tafa at all. I guarantee his ground game sucks

If Valentina stays active she can decimate the title defense record.

What has whatever-the-fuck-her-name-is done to get a title shot?

Shevchenko against someone willing to move forward and look for the win is going to be fine, against an opponent happy to pocket their $130k and survive you have the recipe for a snoozefest. It's a bad sign when the crowd resort to booing a title fight, as happened at Montevideo.

The Chookagian bout has the potential to be a dud, that's why Katlyn's two previous contender matchups ended up on the early prelims.

It's a pity because there are fun fights to be made at 125 next year - Calderwood , and if they win their upcoming bouts, Araujo and Barber.

In the meantime we're left with Chookagian who, no doubt to Dana's chagrin, won both her contender fights. Valentina needs to up her game, she needs to win with style. The UFC could have buried this fight on UFC Auckland, they didn't and the fighters need to repay that confidence.

Goddamnit, isn't the Feb 8th card supposed to be in Houston?

I was interested in going after hearing that Jones/Reyes is likely to headline, but this fight as the co-main would be such a buzzkill
Go to the street coliseum forum if you like to watch brawls.

Valentina is the most skilled WMMA fighter.

It is weird that they are building this card but we haven’t heard anything about ufc 246 yet
Pretty sure they are waiting for the retired irishman to sign the contract.

All i care about is if shes good looking.

Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes
Shevchenko vs Chookagian
Derrick Lewis vs Ilir Latifi
OSP vs Ryan Spann
Dan Ige vs Mirsad Bektic
Sodiq Yusuff vs TBA

That is already a pretty awesome card!

There is only one legit fight for her at 125 at the present time.

GettyImages-1096757524.jpg

What has whatever-the-fuck-her-name-is done to get a title shot?
She's 13-2 with wins over Calderwood and Maia. Her only losses are split decisions to the last 2 title challengers. She's the clear-cut #1 contender.

Chookagian really hasn't a hope.
I mean...well good for her for persuading the UFC she is ready for a title-shot but Valentina is so far ahead on almost every level. Anything other than a Round#1 destruction by Shevchenko will be mildly disappointing.
I'm pretty certain UFC had to convince her in this case

She's 13-2 with wins over Calderwood and Maia. Her only losses are split decisions to the last 2 title challengers. She's the clear-cut #1 contender.
And those losses were pretty bogus anyway imo

Holy shit all 3 of those fights have the potential to be absolute snoozers.

Back