• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Vegans protest outside restaurant; chef responds in kind

....what? Literally everything you said here is not true. Free range animals require more resources than factory farmed animals. Live stock farming is far more inefficient than crop farming

Swapping Meat For Vegan Food Could Feed 350 Million People, Says Study

A new study has uncovered problems surrounding our current food system’s land use and how this interplays with world hunger issues. The research revealed that swapping animal-based items with vegan food could feed an additional 350 million people.

The study, published by the National Academy of Sciences, examined data from 2000 to 2010. The data included the eating patterns of the American population, as well as information regarding agricultural production and its land use.

The researchers theorized about the effect of removing beef, pork, chicken, dairy, and eggs from American diets, and replacing these with “equally nutritious alternatives”, which were all plant-based. The study revealed that if the land used for raising livestock was used to grow plants instead, the amount of food produced could feed more than twice as many people.

Read More:
https://www.livekindly.co/swapping-...-an-additional-350-million-people-says-study/

Swapping Meat For Vegan Food Could Feed 350 Million People, Says Study

A new study has uncovered problems surrounding our current food system’s land use and how this interplays with world hunger issues. The research revealed that swapping animal-based items with vegan food could feed an additional 350 million people.

The study, published by the National Academy of Sciences, examined data from 2000 to 2010. The data included the eating patterns of the American population, as well as information regarding agricultural production and its land use.

The researchers theorized about the effect of removing beef, pork, chicken, dairy, and eggs from American diets, and replacing these with “equally nutritious alternatives”, which were all plant-based. The study revealed that if the land used for raising livestock was used to grow plants instead, the amount of food produced could feed more than twice as many people.

Read More:
https://www.livekindly.co/swapping-...-an-additional-350-million-people-says-study/
Yeah and I would even say that their number of 350 million is a pretty conservative estimate. I think we could probably feed much more.

Yeah and I would even say that their number of 350 million is a pretty conservative estimate. I think we could probably feed much more.

350 Million people in America alone. So double. That's a solid amount.

Back