Vettori will do the same thing jan did to izzy

I doubt he'll be successful especially in the early rounds. What made Jan's TDs effective imo is how he mixed it up with his hands, and also the element of surprise as Izzy didn't see it coming. Everyone had Jan winning by KO. The extra pounds and strength that Jan has as a true LHW also is a factor, especially in the late rounds.

What Marvin can do is put on constant pressure, close the distance, lots of feints, but not get careless. Keep Izzy guessing and make this an 'ugly' and rough fight with clinches, dirty boxing, going for single legs, etc. Don't let Izzy just stand there in his range and pick his shots like he always does. Easier said than done though, but I think if Marvin comes in prepared and isn't fazed in the moment, he might pull this one off.

Izzy actually hurt jan a few times.izzy probably finishes him in the later rounds

I don't know its possible. Can Vettori mix up his striking and takedowns? maybe. I'm going with Izzy by decision.

I think it is going to happen to. Izzy fans pretend like the 1st fight wasn't close, izzy never hurt Vettori there. Izzy never hurt Romero or Jan. It's not like izzy striking got better.

Jan didn't win just because he's bigger it helped so maybe Marvin only wins a close 3/2 instead of 4/1 dominated.

By elite UFC fighter standards, yes he is.

Vettori is substantially better on the ground. We don't even have to guess, they fought 3 years ago and Vettori won a round by taking Izzy down and keeping him there. Izzy had zero offense from his back against Jan. He wasn't attempting sweeps and submissions and failing - he wasn't even familiar with the right positioning.

This isn't complicated stuff.

Israel is a substantially better striker and Vettori is a substantially better grappler. I'm picking it Izzy 60/40 because he is more dangerous and can end the fight with more opportunities.
This is the most accurate analysis, i think this time if marvin put sanya on the ground will try pretty hard to finish him, and marvin has the skills on the ground, heavy skills.
Then i can also see sanya finish marvin on the feet honestly, no doubt this can happen..

Did izzy outclass martin on the feet the last time they fought? I thought it was close.

Nah. Israel lost the Jan fight far more than Jan actually won it. His recent wins got too far into his head and he forgot to actually take Jan seriously. A serious Israel would have won that fight.

Israel was too busy fighting and feinting with Shadow Jan 3ft to the left of Real Jan and just in general dicking around and not being serious, meanwhile Jan just consistently kept focused on Israel. Respect to Jan for doing so and turning away a fellow champion, but Jan's just fundamental consistency won him the fight meanwhile Israel's inconsistency between fighting Shadow Jan and Real Jan lost him it. When he fought Real Jan he still looked like the better striker, and did hurt Jan. That should've been what happened all fight.

Now that he's got that -1 on his record as proof not to ever do this again I'm expecting a repeat of the Whittaker/Costa performances.

That's straight up BS. Jan won the fight 100%. He had a great gameplan and executed it to perfection. Izzy fought like he always does and had some success early on with his striking, but Jan was too big and powerful. He ate Izzy's shots and returned fire with his own, which Izzy couldn't handle as well. Izzy gave his all and he lost. Stop making dumb excuses for the loss.

For mma? He's arguably the better wrestler since he actually was able to take down izzy ( and basically every other fighter he faced) he's a wayyyy better striker than brunson and thats for sure
No to both of things you said here. Just no.

Mark my words, he's the closest think to a mw jan there is. His striking style is hard to deal with for a counter puncher like izzy, his chain wrestling is done more in the middle of the cage ( which is the correct thing to be done against izzy) and although he does get tired a bit after the third he doesn't die in the cage. I predict a close fight where the takedowns make the difference.
I don't think so,

Jan is quite crafty if you watch how he got Izzy down, I don't think Vettoria had that fight IQ.

I see Izzy on the outside pieces up Vettoria and then humping her when he's done.

Jan showed how to beat Izzy, take him down and G&P.
Vettori just beat Kevin Holland by doing the exact same thing.

Although Vettori isn't the best wrestler, I wouldn't be surprised if he would beat Izzy like this.

Someone posted that Holland is one of the best strikers at MW. The whole tread lost credibility once that was posted

You bring much knoledge to this thread by denying it and offereng no counter argument
List the top strikers at MW. Please. Maybe then you can see calling a guy with literally two finishes on the feet in the UFC one of the best strikers in a division with Till, Whittaker, Costa, Cannonier, Izzy, Gastelum, Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland is absolutely idiotic

Vettori cannot stand in front of Israel and do nothing. I think his issue is that he is a predominantly a wrestler boxer. If Israel has less things to react to; he goes on the offense when he doesn't respect his opponent. Jan isn't a pushover in kickboxing and grappling. He has a black belt and he competed locally in kickboxing. I don't think Vettori is seasoned enough but he is more tenacious in his takedowns

List the top strikers at MW. Please. Maybe then you can see calling a guy with literally two finishes on the feet in the UFC one of the best strikers in a division with Till, Whittaker, Costa, Cannonier, Izzy, Gastelum, Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland is absolutely idiotic
Of this guys you listed i put only whittaker and maybe gunshy till infront of him, cannonier has basically a big punch, costa is drunk brawler with no head movement and hall trows 3 striker per round.

Of this guys you listed i put only whittaker and maybe gunshy till infront of him, cannonier has basically a big punch, costa is druk brawler with no head movement and hall trows 3 striker per round.
They all have more ko's on the feet in the UFC than Holland, also they are all ranked above Holland based off better wins. Holland has amazing physical tools with his reach and size, so it makes him hard to deal with. That doesn't make him an elite striker. He lands shots because he completely bails out defensively just to land a shot, yet still, only 2 finishes on the feet in the UFC. You have no reason to put him over the guys I listed. We all fall for the UFC hype machine sometimes bro, but its time to get off this nonsense. Cannonier has finished people and dropped people by leg kicks by the way, kinda weird you're sayin all he has is a big punch. Anyway, think what you want, this thread is a joke. You stay eatin crows my guy.

They all have more ko's on the feet in the UFC than Holland, also they are all ranked above Holland based off better wins. Holland has amazing physical tools with his reach and size, so it makes him hard to deal with. That doesn't make him an elite striker. He lands shots because he completely bails out defensively just to land a shot, yet still, only 2 finishes on the feet in the UFC. You have no reason to put him over the guys I listed. We all fall for the UFC hype machine sometimes bro, but its time to get off this nonsense. Cannonier has finished people and dropped people by leg kicks by the way, kinda weird you're sayin all he has is a big punch. Anyway, think what you want, this thread is a joke. You stay eatin crows my guy.
Who was till finished of such high level competition that you put him on this list? Costa was humiliated by adesanya and his best win against romero could easily have gone the other way plus he got knocked down by uriah hall and showed no defence in that fight basically winning by preassure. Cannonier hasn't faced any crazy competition as well having his best win over hermasson ( a grappler with no punching power) and losing to every legit good striker he faced ( like reyes and whitaker) you say im falling for the hype machine but you use as an example of the top strikers of mw darren till? Cmon now

Who was till finished of such high level competition that you put him on this list? Costa was humiliated by adesanya and his best win against romero could easily have gone the other way plus he got knocked down by uriah hall and showed no defence in that fight basically winning by preassure. Cannonier hasn't faced any crazy competition as well having his best win over hermasson ( a grappler with no punching power) and losing to every legit good striker he faced ( like reyes and whitaker) you say im falling for the hype machine but you use as an example of the top strikers of mw darren till? Cmon now
I listed like 8 guys, in no order, so yeah clearly Till is a top 8 striker at MW. You can't even make an argument for Holland lol you just keep pointing out negatives about other fighters when you can obviously do the same for Holland. He has never shown to be an elite striker, or one of the best at MW, I'm sorry he just hasn't.

I listed like 8 guys, in no order, so yeah clearly Till is a top 8 striker at MW. You can't even make an argument for Holland lol you just keep pointing out negatives about other fighters when you can obviously do the same for Holland. He has never shown to be an elite striker, or one of the best at MW, I'm sorry he just hasn't.
So what you don't desagree with me in the end? I said he was one of the best strikers at mw, even if you think holland is behind someone as sean in terms of striking ( which is absolutely insane just by level of competition they have faced) he would still be in the top 10... Thats by definition one of the best strikers at mw. You re just lowkey hating on the guy, you criticize him for being a bad striker since he has only 2 finishes by strikes in the ufc but you put darren till on your list lol, at least follow the rules you created

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back