Video: Key Bridge in Maryland collapses after being struck by container ship

Jfc that is terrifying, at night makes it even worse. Thankfully it looks like there weren’t too many cars driving on it.

I see that there were crews on the bridge patching holes that are likely all dead.

- The ship lost power after it left the port of Baltimore.
- They informed officials in Baltimore and warned them of a possible collision with the bridge.
- Ship dropped anchor before collison
- Baltimore officials stopped traffic on the bridge before the collison.

Is this a major bridge in the area of a secondary bridge?
It's obviously a tragedy for all the lives lost but I'm wondering how badly it's gonna interrupt life in the area for the next few years, will it be a minor inconvenience not to have that route available or is it gonna cause a complete disruption of lives and traffic nightmares everywhere

Massive interruption of trade, they'll have to clear all the debris out of the water before boats can go through again.

Nah, that's one of if not my biggest fear, falling off a bridge <6>
When I took my ex and her son to the Golden Gate Bridge they wanted to walk across it. I said go ahead, I'm going to wait at the visitors parking, fuck that <JagsKiddingMe>

Yea, I been terrified of that since I was a kid, everytime I go over the Bay Bridge I get little flashes in my mind of the bridge failing and our car tumbling head first to our icy death
Thais will help with that, Im sure...

Good lord, one of my biggest fears is being on a collapsing bridge in the dark, in my car. I have to cross a bridge later today for a doctor's appointment. RIP to the poor souls on the bridge.
As a kid I had a recurring nightmare of going off the side of a bridge in a car, plunging into the water, and being attacked by sea creatures.

I remember when the 35W bridge collapsed in Minneapolis during bumper to bumper traffic.

Not to minimize it, but I was stunned that only 12 people died. Hopefully this is a similar situation.

RIP and condolences.

I remember when the 35W bridge collapsed in Minneapolis during bumper to bumper traffic.

Not to minimize it, but I was stunned that only 12 people died. Hopefully this is a similar situation.

RIP and condolences.

As of this morning they recovered 2 alive, 1 unharmed 1 in critical condition.

Estimated 20 people in the water, all dead.

Stupid ass city obviously doesn’t have a requirement for tugboat guidance!
People are now dead because of it, absolutely shameful. Makes me wonder how many other ports don’t have it as well.

Back