Video: NFL running back David Johnson embarasses Woodley on 40 yard dash

Have you ever fought professionally? I don’t mean simply being paid to fight, I mean legitimately striving to make a career out of it - as your sole source of income.

The individual nature of the sport means there are no substitutions when you’re hurt, or simply having a bad day. There’s no deflection in your own performance onto your team member either. Everything is on you and you’re literally fighting to put food on your table. And that’s the thing - you are fighting. The objective isn’t to score goals, tries, points or touchdown - it’s to inflict enough damage on the man opposite you to the extent that either his body crumbles, or his will breaks. That’s significant. How many other sports reduce their participants to literally quitting under the lights when faced with the sheer onslaught of their opponent? And in how many of them is quitting actually seen as some unimaginable crime?

I remember when Miguel Cotto fought Antônio Margarito who had gloves loaded with plaster of Paris. Cotto quit that night after taking an absolutely brutal beating for 11 rounds and was arguably never the same foghter again. He took an unbelievable amount of abuse for that - it’s brutal but the expectation (or even demand) that you should go out on your shield is pretty unique to combat sports.

Last edited:
Discrediting? You sound insecure even more insecure now. I commented on what happened in a video made by an MMA org starring a MMA fighter. It's not my problem you can't handle reality.

Your problem is understanding what the reality of the situation is

Johnson is such a freak. That heavy but that lean and fast, dude is carved out of wood.

DC ran a 4.5.

<{Heymansnicker}>
just like you did at bruce lee: someone said it.

Anyway .. DC is one of my fav. fighters, so I hope thats true, but it was in his high school years, so it could be true. But im sure it was 4,75 - 4,8.

@t insecure mma fans => 40 is a test of explosiveness and top line speed.

Yeah, that is absolutely insane. People do not understand how hard it is to even break 5, even if you are a very athletic person. All those that say MMA has no A level athletes are absolutely stupid. This ain't 1996 anymore where all you needed to do was be tough, know how to throw a punch and have balls to compete.

ufc no money => you will never get the best people.
money rules the world buddeh.

ufc no money => you will never get the best people.
money rules the world buddeh.

It's really that simple. We are shuffling around old farts at 185/205/265 well outside their athletic prime. Guys like Mitrione entered the UFC after professional football kicked him out, and successfully fought at the highest level. Mitrione has virtually no NFL stats because he wasn't good enough or healthy enough to actually play.

Jon Jones has elite genetics, with two brothers starting in the NFL. His two brothers are good players, but won't be notable after retirement. When someone with that level of genetics trips and falls into MMA, they easily became the greatest of all time.

Other professional sports are literally populated with guys the quality of Jon Jones.

When the starting pay to get your head punched in at the highest level of MMA is 12k, good luck getting elite athletes large enough to play other sports even take a glance at it.

We rarely see the eight new All American NCAA Division I heavyweight wrestlers crowned each year enter MMA. It makes more sense to teach high school gym for 50k/year considering how bad the risk -vs- reward is in MMA right now.

real A-level athlete.

A level
51M3VxgGxaL._SX463_.jpg

B level
New-England-Patriots-TE-Rob-Gronkowski-still-in-concussion-protocol.jpg

Sea level

cain_velasquez2.jpg

<{Heymansnicker}>
just like you did at bruce lee: someone said it.

Anyway .. DC is one of my fav. fighters, so I hope thats true, but it was in his high school years, so it could be true. But im sure it was 4,75 - 4,8.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...vy-heart-daniel-cormier-gold-article-1.522819

The difference is Bruce Lee had a lot of sycophants and most of the claims made about him are just rumors, and he never competed in sport. They aren't scouting measurements like this. Possible it was misrecorded with a hand timer or something, but no doubt it's extremely fast.

Back