Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread

You realise that people outside the US have no fucking idea what the term "hard R" even means right? I had to go look it up.

200w.gif

If only Shift Up had some sort of consulting firm they could hire to weed out such things.......rofl
If Shift Up used one of those ESG required consulting firms, the protagonist would have been modeled after Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice.png

Lets take your joke and apply it. How many units would this game sell then?
Who knows. In another time, before all the controversy SBI created for themselves, it may have sold fine if the game is as good as people are saying. It just wouldn't have had all the viral coverage the protagonist's aesthetics gave the game.

Most people don't want to play a game with a forced ugly main character, unless it's some satirical thing, or the character and story are incredibly well written.

Did you ever play the OG Saints Row games? It was fun to make a hideous main character, the cut scenes were hilarious, but it was our choice. Mass Effect had a funny mod

Whenever the PS5 Pro is released, I was going to pick up Stellar Blade.

Nice going Sony. Fucking up one of the biggest exclusives.

Whenever the PS5 Pro is released, I was going to pick up Stellar Blade.

Nice going Sony. Fucking up one of the biggest exclusives.

I wouldn't cry censorship unless it's been confirmed. So far we know that the director stated that the change to that particular costume was an intended artistic choice and that the final patch is their vision for the game. It holds up imo because they still have costumes like the one I posted below that reveal more skin. NIKKE their mobile game also went through several changes to when the final product released. Even Spiderman games had changes to costumes.

Anyway, just think maybe it's best not to be so reactionary because I'm playing the game and having a great time and so are many others. Game has a 9.1 userscore on Metacritic so the fact that it's not being review bombed for censorship says something. Normally games with controversy get review bombed but slowly I think people are learning that it's not as bad as Twitter is making it out to be.

Let's remember that Twitter is all about engagement farming, not telling the truth.

Blue_Monsoon.png

I wouldn't cry censorship unless it's been confirmed.

Shift Up cant do this to Sony. For Sony are their publisher, console maker of the device this game is only available on and invested a billion dollars into the game engine parent company Stellar Blade is leasing from.

So far we know that the director stated that the change to that particular costume was an intended artistic choice and that the final patch is their vision for the game.

Overtly sexualized outfits were toned down. As was confirmed by the CEO of Shift Up on his release day press interviews:

A real shame. I was going to buy a PS5 and the game but now I'm not going to, just on principle. Bending the knee to SJW fucktards ...they can go and get fucked.

Back