Volk ruined his career with bad decisions

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Volk (and his management) ruined his career by making stupid career and life altering decisions. He took the fight against Islam on short notice and admitted to being an alcoholic and in depression prior to that fight. Got brutally knocked out by Islam and then didn’t take the adequate time to recover from a loss like that. Instead took another quick fight against a monster puncher and go KO’d again. It’s shameful the amount of damage Volk has taken in the last few months.

Depends on how well he was financially compensated.

i will chose to give ilias his flowers. he won in spectacular fashion and we will never really know if the islam fight really had an effect.

i will say though taking that fight short notice was insanely stupid even if he found a way to win tonight.

He's had a pretty amazing career. Far from ruined.

Probably wasn't worth the money either way. But hey, Volk wasn't getting any younger and fighting is about having the utmost confidence in yourself in believing you can beat anyone.

I assume Volks line of thinking in taking these fights is his age. he was late to the party and those were some pretty big pay days im assuming.

He already accomplished what 99% of the sport hasn’t. He got paid a big new contract right as he exited his prime. As long as he doesn’t stick around too long, he made the right decision.

Back