Volkanovski was brilliant in defeat

Didn’t he land zero significant strikes? I’d call that bad.

I just wish he was like 3-5 years younger. 35 at a lower weight class and getting KO’d like that is worrying.

I just hope it doesn't ruin volks chin and he starts losing to dudes that aren't his level.

Volk is my current favorite fighter he reminds me of GSP with the way he carries himself and prepares. Full camp Volk may have avoided the headkick, but impossible to say. If you are not quite right mentally or physically your reaction time is going to be slower. First fight was very close and Volk finished w/ a flurry. Islam did very little damage in the first one. I do think Volk is just too small to move up. He is short and just doesnt carry the weight as well.

Brilliantly unconscious.

He never fixed his head kick D. He lost to max in the rematch despite corruption judges. Despite Max he's kick. Fitting ending though I wanted a double KO.

Islam already Making excuses to duck lw more. He's Walmart Khabib.
So basically, you hate everyone

I mean he zigged and should've zagged. Reminds me of DC in the Jones fight. He took on short notice, but you have to admit even on short notice he was probably in good condition atleast for the 1st round. I still want Volk vs Topuria and think he should leave LW alone.

the irony is, both Volk and DC have a weakness to left high kicks. like how Rumble rocked DC with a left high kick, Max rocked Volk with a left high kick. then later on down the road, they both get KO'd by a left high kick.

Islam fans have never had any animosity against Volk from what I’ve seen, he’s mostly been a class act, but his team is full of obnoxious whiners, especially Joe Lopez and Dan Hooker. Volk is a good guy.

That’s wishful thinking.

Islam/Khabib fans have some of the most oppressive mindset out of all the fanbases. If a fighter or fans of that fighter dares to show even a hint of confidence against their idol, they get aggressive in various forms. Some will just straight up go with insults which I don’t mind. Some will go the passive aggressive route by asking questions or making observations where they make Islam/Khabib out to be the victims. Then, there are the ones who blame it on racism or xenophobia. You can say all fanbases are like that but I don’t think so. All NBA players are good basketball players, but there was Michael Jordan or Lebron James.

Also before you accuse me of being just a hater, I was actually one of the very few on this site who created this thread (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/makhachev-would-probably-be-the-favorite.4292628/) This was before the rematch too.

So basically, you hate everyone
I don't hate the sport. Why watch?

I dislike snoozeman, Khamza, Woodley, Aljo the actor, Volk, Islam, Izzy.

I like Strickland and Alex ktfo izzy. Leon bless KO on Usman, Bisping KO rockhold, Smally KO Aljo or waa he acting?

Not sure about "brilliant", but he was most certainly gracious. The stuff real champs are made of.
Can't say the same for his fans, who apparently know more about Volk thank Volk knows about himself.

the irony is, both Volk and DC have a weakness to left high kicks. like how Rumble rocked DC with a left high kick, Max rocked Volk with a left high kick. then later on down the road, they both get KO'd by a left high kick.
That makes sense to me.

That’s wishful thinking.

Islam/Khabib fans have some of the most oppressive mindset out of all the fanbases. If a fighter or fans of that fighter dares to show even a hint of confidence against their idol, they get aggressive in various forms. Some will just straight up go with insults which I don’t mind. Some will go the passive aggressive route by asking questions or making observations where they make Islam/Khabib out to be the victims. Then, there are the ones who blame it on racism or xenophobia. You can say all fanbases are like that but I don’t think so. All NBA players are good basketball players, but there was Michael Jordan or Lebron James.

Also before you accuse me of being just a hater, I was actually one of the very few on this site who created this thread (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/makhachev-would-probably-be-the-favorite.4292628/) This was before the rematch too.
I think you're displaying a very skewed perspective on that particular fanbase. I personally find many Oliveira fans annoying as hell, with all the "champ has a name" and victim narrative around Olives, but i don't pretend that's his entire fanbase. As far as the xenophobia charge, it really can't be denied that a lot of the hate islam/khabib get is due to their identity, please name any other fighters who continuously get insulting in dehumanizing language such as "inbred", "cave dweller", "goat fucker"....these aren't normal insults even for fighters that are disliked.

I think you're displaying a very skewed perspective on that particular fanbase. I personally find many Oliveira fans annoying as hell, with all the "champ has a name" and victim narrative around Olives, but i don't pretend that's his entire fanbase. As far as the xenophobia charge, it really can't be denied that a lot of the hate islam/khabib get is due to their identity, please name any other fighters who continuously get insulting in dehumanizing language such as "inbred", "cave dweller", "goat fucker"....these aren't normal insults even for fighters that are disliked.
You need to grasp what "skewed" means if you are going to accuse someone of being one.

This site is noticeably littered with threads and comments that fit what I describe but you will rarely ever see someone call Khabib a "goat fucker," here or on many other sites. You can find them in one of Colby Covington's interviews though. This is what I mean by Khabib/Islam fans having oppressive mindsets. They can't tolerate even a hint of confidence from another fighter or fans of that fighter. Also, I have been on this site throughout Oliveira's championship run. Oliveira fans are not even close to being the bullies that Khabib/Islam fans are. If you think they are "annoying as hell," I'd say you are a drama queen who may be able to dish it out but can't take even a hint of it.

Bryce Mitchell gets the inbred, hill billy, flat earther etc etc name tag all the time.

He arguably won the first fight idk why people are talking about him like he’s on his way out, I doubt Islam beats volk on 11 days notice.

The first time he was soundly beaten by Islam he protested that he won and claimed he was pound for pound goat and the second time he’s defeated he cries at a press conference and overshares about his mental health. I shudder to think young men growing up see this as manly behaviour.

I think he needs better advisors around him to protect him from oversharing and taking unnecessary risks. He needs to overcome the only big thing about him which is his ego. If he wasn’t so deluded he wouldn’t have decided to fight Islam and would have realised after the first defeat that he didn’t stand a chance.

Last edited:
Back