International Wagner Claims to Have Shot Down Russian Helicopter, Putin Briefed, Operation Fortress in Play

So 'good' just means 'not as bad as the other guys.'

So like I said. There are no good guys.

What part of what I said is confusing to you?

If you fight against regimes who's intention is to exterminate entire races of people down to the last man, woman and child, then by definition, you are the good guys. Even if your own methods are brutal by necessity.

Have I explained that clearly enough? Or would you like me to use smaller words?

Even you admit it. Russia gonna Russia... {<shrug}

Yep. Our allies, the Soviets were just as bad as the Nazis. So it's hard to say we were really the good guys in that conflict.

Especially when you take into account the brutality of the Treaty of Versailles which ultimately led to the whole conflict.

If you fight against regimes who's intention is to exterminate entire races of people down to the last man, woman and child, then by definition, you are the good guys. Even if your own methods are brutal by necessity.

Have I explained that clearly enough? Or would you like me to use smaller words?

You've explained your reasoning, which is very easy to understand because it's how a small child thinks.

I understand it. I just don't agree.

Yep. Our allies, the Soviets were just as bad as the Nazis. So it's hard to say we were really the good guys in that conflict.

Especially when you take into account the brutality of the Treaty of Versailles which ultimately led to the whole conflict.
They were our allies so much that directly after WW2 the Cold War started against them. <YeahOKJen>

Well I don’t think anything was as bad as the Holocaust. I chose to compare the two methods of internment. Not trying to argue in bad faith. If you think the Allies were worse overall than the Axis I disagree but it’s off topic here.

My main point was in the first paragraph.

Fair enough. I think what was going on in the USSR is easily on the level.

And I think the shit the Japanese did was waaaaay worse than either. We just don't care about that because it was asians killing asians so it doesn't really matter to westerners.

Theres always good side and bad side.

Good side = innocents who get caught up

Bad side = political class, military industrial complex, and contractors ready to conduct business

Sure. But Dresden and Hiroshima and the various Soviet atrocities of WW2 are a little more than just 'not a saint.'
They were necessary measures to stop the advance of the Axis powers from taking over most of the world. And again Russia was an ally by necessity. They were not morally aligned with the West. After the war they went for their own power grab.

You've explained your reasoning, which is very easy to understand because it's how a small child thinks.

I understand it. I just don't agree.

Of course you don't agree. Because of moral cowardice. You lack the strength of character to admit that hard decisions are sometimes necessary to prevent a greater evil.

If the Allies had thought like you, we'd be having this conversation in German. If we'd managed to avoid the death camps in the first place:rolleyes:

And I think the shit the Japanese did was waaaaay worse than either. We just don't care about that because it was asians killing asians so it doesn't really matter to westerners.
<Kobe213>

I literally included the Rape of Nanking and Unit 731 in my first response to you:rolleyes:

So they weren't our allies? What point are you trying to make?
Russia is now the bad party. They were also the bad party among the allies, and they proved it by committing the atrocities you mentioned. Yet here we are and they are once again the bad guys but in your estimation they aren't worse than anyone else.

If the Allies had thought like you, we'd be having this conversation in German. If we'd managed to avoid the death camps in the first place:rolleyes:

No I think Hitler would have failed in the USSR either way. It might have dragged on a bit longer, but I think he bit off more than he could chew.

Well I’m Hawaiian so I’m not excluding Japanese atrocities when I’m weighing the Axis v Allies. My grandfather fought in the pacific theater. That does matter to me.

Russia is now the bad party. They were also the bad party among the allies, and they proved it by committing the atrocities you mentioned. Yet here we are and they are once again the bad guys but in your estimation they aren't worse than anyone else.

Well they're not worse than the USA. This is essentially a proxy war between the US and Russia. Russia is at least sending their own young men off to die. USA is throwing Ukranians into the meat grinder.

Back