Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DQvq5.gif

watching men talk about women is so weird. lol. like just from an image yall be like, "nah i bet her pussy huge bruh" and "i think that one prolly has bad breath" lol. like watching animals at a zoo. fascinating.
watching women talk about men is so weird. they point out rude comments about women then call us animals at a zoo.

Rick is such a can. Does he never not get his ass kicked in 1 on 1 fights?

I kinda liked the episode but it feels like the series is standing still. How have the plot and characters really developed since the first episode of the season?

I still watch the show every week but man it gets frustrating.

I like the episode best ep so far this season.

The story line about Rick confronting Daryl about killing saviours is the only thing that is off here.

I love to hear more back story like that from Negan it humanized him more and somehow makes him more relatable and realistic.

Rick is such a can. Does he never not get his ass kicked in 1 on 1 fights?
Early Rick was a slick little rascal. Got the drop on Merle, put Daryl in check easily, decisioned Shane in season 2 (right after Shane's big win over Otis), Ko'd the claimers in impressive fashion. Then he kind of got overconfident and hit a skid. Had the embarrassing draw with Dr.Porchdick. A come from behind victory over beefy Hilltop resident #6. A complete blowout to Negan (akin to Aldo vs McGregor). He has coasted his last few wins over subpar competition. I think he's passed his prime.

This should have been the first Episode in my opinion its the first good episode of this season. I guess its because we don't have Carol, Karl, and the Fucking King!

As far as I know (which isn't very far in this regard) one of the main reasons was Kirkman didn't like the changes he was making. The CDC plotline (Kirkman doesnt want to explore the technical side of the "virus", nor the origin), as well as some of the zombies displaying more advanced behavior (such as smashing the window with a rock). I've heard Darabont can be a nightmare to work with, but he had great rapport with the bulk of the main cast in season 1. Enough that some (Laurie Holden and Jeffery DeMunn in particular) wanted out once he left. Seems the only bigger loss would have been Kirkman himself.
from memory, during that time the AMC needed to free up a bunch of money to finish off Mad Men which at that stage was their flagship show. This money came out of the Walking Dead budget and crippled the show, hence the boring and economical farm season. AMC wanted double the episodes using a fraction of the budget.

Darabont went out on his shield regarding the budget and then he was canned prior to the 2nd season. A shame really, the first episode had an artfulness to it that has yet to be matched. The pacing, the psychology, the camerawork, the sense of dread. Just spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back