Want to feel old? Anderson Silva will be 50 years old next year.

Yep, that is definetly true too. My point is that even if we consider those 15-18 years it's still long ago. He lost to Weidman over 10 yrs ago lol! Insane!

Now with your perspective it makes me feel even older lol

Not that insane when you consider all the title reigns we've seen since then. The Weidman era. Rockhold. Bisping. GSP. Whittaker. Izzy. Pereira. Izzy again. Strickland. And now DDP. We've gone through twice as many champions as the pre-Silva era.

That was so long ago it was when the comp in japan was easier
I watched it live on Spike. I didn't know either well but heard Leben was tough, then I watched this Anderson guy commit sanctioned, televised, murder and then smile and dance.

I watched it live on Spike. I didn't know either well but heard Leben was tough, then I watched this Anderson guy commit sanctioned, televised, murder and then smile and dance.
I knew Anderson was gonna whup him. I just didnt think it would be that fast.

Sage Northcutt was interviewed by Ariel Helwani recently, and called him "Ariel" and not "Mr. Helwani". Made me feel old.

b179ca2a8a76edc6c0d7181773f37054.gif

I remember that fight vividly, I was a huge leben fan and I didn't know shit about Silva and thought Chris was going to ko him and get a title shot.......yeah.

I remember when Chris ran straight into the punches then went down I was like noooo Chris cane be knocked out! Then he kinda recovered and I was like fuck yeah he's back and going to win! Then knees and night night time.
Yeah that was an incredible debut, probably the best UFC debut ever, it was amazing. Leben also had an amazing chin, he could take it! so to get dropped a few times like that within a minute is madness.

I think the speed difference was huge, Leben is just so slow compared to Anderson, he was lightning fast.

I don't need Silva to feel old. Joint pain in the morning reminds me every single day.

haha that was my reaction too, its unbelievable. The time seems to go at light speed when you get older lol, its not a myth, its really true I think. Thats how I feel
It's true. Waiting and hour to go to the video store to rent a movie or video game was torture and took forever but now 5 years ago was yesterday when my son was born.

haha that was my reaction too, its unbelievable. The time seems to go at light speed when you get older lol, its not a myth, its really true I think. Thats how I feel
When you're 10, another year feels like 1/10th of your life has passed. When your 30, it only feels like 1/30th.

Back