WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally doesn't bother me that you all look like retarded hypocrites constantly.

It so obviously does though. See, you're doing that dorky thing again. You're in every thread whining about it(including joke threads), but you're seriously gonna try to play it off like it doesn't bother you? Yeah, okay.

Its like when a kid gets teased, and then tries to hide their tears. You're not fooling anyone. You're clearly gotten to.

Occasionally people cut and paste memes into other threads, so we dump them in there.
Unfortunately I have to go in there every now and again to clean out the trolls posting holocaust denial etc.

I caught one of those today you're welcome.

Is the purpose of the joke to point out how priests and rabbis walk into bars all the time despite there being incontrovertible evidence that no priest nor rabbi has ever walked into a bar?

Little different.

The point of it is to make people laugh, most dont take it seriously...you know, like a joke. A secondary purpose seems to be pissing off left wingers, which also appears to be working.

Knock Knock -- sorry theres no actual door, should i continue?

What is so confusing about NPC? Its just essentially a non-player character controlled by the machine. That's it. Its not complicated.

They know what it means and they don't like it. Deflection.

It so obviously does though. See, you're doing that dorky thing again. You're in every thread whining about it(including joke threads), but you're seriously gonna try to play it off like it doesn't bother you? Yeah, okay.

Its like when a kid gets teased, and then tries to hide their tears. You're not fooling anyone. You're clearly gotten to.

Hard disagree.

I'm not in every thread whining about it. I made one comment in the meme thread and then I got triple quoted by multiple posters, and then dragged into this thread by a poster who has already conceded.

I'm responding to the highlights is all.

It really seems to me that you guys are very offended by me correcting bullshit memes.

It's from videogames, so there's no getting around that. It stands for "non-playable character," as opposed to "Playable characters." Playable characters are the antagonists of the game and choose their own actions - they are what humans play as. NPCs are just bits of preorigrammed bits of code that someone else told what to do.

If you've played Zelda, then Link is a playable character. A shopkeeper or monster is an NPC. It might occasionally act like a real person, but it isnt-all of its behaviors are preprogrammed.
*protagonists

because its a joke thread, and by definition, a joke does not have to be factual or true to be funny.

Except there is nothing actually funny about them so they're not jokes.

It's just bad information that you're both lapping up and defending.

Except there is nothing actually funny about them so they're not jokes.

It's just bad information that you're both lapping up and defending.

I dont believe their message, i do find some of them funny. I dont find yellow people with 4 fingers falling off a cliff and living to be real, but i do laugh when Homer jumps the gorge.

Just because they trigger you doesnt mean they are not jokes.

because its a joke thread, and by definition, a joke does not have to be factual or true to be funny.
This is a terrible defense. The rightwing believes things they read in memes. It's pure propaganda. Calling it "just jokes" is ultra-disingenuous.

I dont believe their message, i do find some of them funny. I dont find yellow people with 4 fingers falling off a cliff and living to be real, but i do laugh when Homer jumps the gorge.

Just because they trigger you doesnt mean they are not jokes.

Nope, bullshit.

They're not jokes and you're basically obfuscating now.

Bye.

This is a terrible defense. The rightwing believes things they read in memes. It's pure propaganda. Calling it "just jokes" is ultra-disingenuous.

Im rightwing, i totally do not believe they are real -- i laugh at them. hence, jokes

I find it hilarious that a bunch of disenfranchised lonely 14 year old autistic kids on 4 chan have essentially decided to ruin the internet for everyone and dominate how the political talking gets done now, with memes.

One of their best and most damaging ones was the 'Hilary Draft our Daughters' Many people on facebook thought those were real political ads.

Hard disagree.

I'm not in every thread whining about it. I made one comment in the meme thread and then I got triple quoted by multiple posters, and then dragged into this thread by a poster who has already conceded.

I'm responding to the highlights is all.

No, you're gotten to. You're taking it so incredibly seriously, breaking down its definition and shit, trying to find out the accuracy of it's usage. Its hilarious at how you're still trying to play this off, like you're not on the verge of rage crying over it.

IMO the only reason they are having a meltdown over it is because it is/was true. People have been saying it the whole time, someone was just smart enough to give it a good name recently
We shall agree to disagree on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back