War Room Lounge v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they swear people are intentionally derailing threads. When somebody asks me a question or quotes me, i tend to reply. Double yellows for being off topic tho? C'mon...
Yeah, that hardly seems fair unless there were a bunch of warnings or something and it was a repeat offense.

Hey any of you cats near KC? I just got booked at the Westport Comedy Club March 19th.

@Fawlty you're in STL right? Im being booked there over the next few days. You better come out.

You should try to book in Seattle. I think we have like 5 WR regulars here in western Washington.

you some type of comedian?
That's what I keep hearing.
Dude, nice. Just let me know when & where.
Awesome man. I'll know within the next few days.
Let me know if you make it up to Vancouver

Which coast? I'll be hopefully in Toronto soon.

You should try to book in Seattle. I think we have like 5 WR regulars here in western Washington.

Nah bruh, you will see me put there soon! Late May early June!

That's what I keep hearing.

Awesome man. I'll know within the next few days.

Which coast? I'll be hopefully in Toronto soon.

Nah bruh, you will see me put there soon! Late May early June!
Vancouver is on the west coast dude , North of Seattle ....unless they moved it and didn't tell me

Vancouver is on the west coast dude , North of Seattle ....unless they moved it and didn't tell me

I'm a dumbfuck comic bro. I thought Toronto was over Seattle.... Which sucks because I was really trying to fuck this hot Asian girl...

.....where the fuck is Toronto.....

Yeah they swear people are intentionally derailing threads. When somebody asks me a question or quotes me, i tend to reply. Double yellows for being off topic tho? C'mon...
Buddy I got these dubs here because someone hacked my account and dared to besmirch The Great Conor McGreator. The forum is just experiencing another yellow wave of Snowflakes.

Buddy I got these dubs here because someone hacked my account and dared to besmirch The Great Conor McGreator. The forum is just experiencing another yellow wave of Snowflakes.
There should be an inactivity exception for fighter bashing.

The market was great today. almost everything up. I sold Facebook. That company annoys me and is shooting itself in the foot. They are having PR nightmares. First the Russian and other fake news shit. Which Zuckerberg was already warned about by Obama but did nothing. He was recently named "misinformer of the year" by a liberal group. And those are the people that should support him most and who he politically aligns with.

But besides that, they just did it again. Rolled out Facebook Kids after mental health and children experts asked them not to, citing the negative effects of social media on children. Facebook did their own study but it turns out they were on Facebook's payroll. Which Facebook never mentioned. I mean the entire fuckin media is blasting Zuckerberg for this Facebook Kids thing and he is still going forward with it. May be a last move. They are not growing and need a kids market. Their reputation is shit now. Just google news "facebook kids". You have everyone from the LA Times to USA Today to child advocacy groups saying shut it down. It is so unpopular.

Today, Facebook has more than 2 billion users, but while it is growing in favorability with older generations, teens and 20-somethings are signing off in droves. Facebook’s response? Hook new users before they reach high school. That seems to be the goal behind one of the company’s latest initiatives, anyways.

On January 30, 2018, the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (CCFC) sent Facebook a letter signed by dozens of experts in childhood health, education, and media imploring the company to shut down the app, citing concerns that it would “undermine children’s healthy development.”

The letter referenced a number of peer-reviewed studies linking teen and preteen social media use to unhealthy sleep habits, depression, body image issues, and more.

There is a tech committee now who looks into tech companies. Like a watchdog. Former Google and FB employees who think the companies are evil.

A group of tech experts who used to work at companies like Facebook and Google have founded an organization to raise awareness about what they believe are the negative effects of social media and technology on society.

The Silicon Valley insiders are now acting as outsiders in launching their new organization, The Center for Humane Technology. They are starting a campaign called The Truth About Tech, funded in part by $7 million from the non-profit media watchdog group Common Sense Media, which will help drive the movement forward across the country.

“The largest supercomputers in the world are inside of two companies — Google andFacebook — and where are we pointing them? We’re pointing them at people’s brains, at children,” said Tristan Harris, previously a tech ethicist at Google and co-founder of The Center for Humane Technology, in an interview with the New York Times.
Just more evidence that these huge tech companies promote their so called liberal politics only as a cynical ploy for their own ends. Glad to see some Silicon Valley insiders pushing back against this.
Here's a great story. Zuckerberg is very aware of his image and wants people to like him. He had one of his guys be a pollster to figure out how liked Zuckerberg was. But the guy disliked Zuckerberg so much he quit before finishing the poll. lol

Tavis McGinn applied for a job at Facebook last year hoping to work in market research. He had previously spent three years at Google, where he helped large advertisers refine their marketing campaigns across the company’s family of products. But part way through the interview process at Facebook, the recruiter told McGinn the company had something else in mind for him. How would he like to track the public perception of Mark Zuckerberg?

But the pollster, Tavis McGinn, quit the gig six months later after becoming disillusioned with Facebook, he told The Verge in an interview published on Tuesday. He said he joined the company because he thought he could change things from the inside, but later realized his efforts were futile.

"I worked there for six months and I realized that even on the inside, I was not going to be able to change the way that the company does business. I couldn't change the values. I couldn't change the culture. I was probably far too optimistic," he said in the interview.

McGinn tracked a wide range of questions related to Zuckerberg’s public perception. “Not just him in the abstract, but do people like Mark’s speeches? Do they like his interviews with the press? Do people like his posts on Facebook? It’s a bit like a political campaign, in the sense that you’re constantly measuring how every piece of communication lands. If Mark’s doing a barbecue in his backyard and he hops on Facebook Live, how do people respond to that?”

http://www.businessinsider.com/facebooks-pollster-for-zuckerberg-quit-after-six-months-2018-2
Wow, so you're telling me that even though he only wears jeans and t-shirts to work he's not in fact a down to earth and humble normal person and instead a self aggrandizing egomaniac? Would've never guessed it.

Can you imagine doing that? He said he felt ashamed to tell people he worked at Facebook. He was ashamed. So he quit. Props to him. People would ask what he did for a living and it almost made him puke. I probably would have kept the job. I need money. lol

Facebook hired a pollster to track Zuck's public image, but he quit because working for Facebook filled him with shame

Let me know if you make it up to Vancouver

giphy.gif

For the record, it’s quiet because nobody on the right gives a shit about Paul Manafort.

But, it’s precious how you still think “this is it”.

It’s not.
Yellow carded trump bot detected

I am watching a documentary on the Oklahoma City bombing. I never really dipped into the details of this case. As soon as it happened the media and government said it was almost certainly an attack from the Middle East. It had "Middle East written all over it" as somebody said. That was the initial narrative. Then somebody said look at the date. And people were like "What? What does that have to do with anything?" It was the anniversary of Waco. This was after they raided apartments of Arabs.

McVeigh, Bin Laden and his crew and Unabomber were all symbolic in what they did. Investigators thought that Unabomber randomly killed people. He was targeting a wide variety of fields that are involved in technology. You can see his ideology in his attacks. They couldn't connect the dots though.

This has become like a "today i learned" thread for me.

I am watching Waco next. Don't know the full story on that either. Already watched Ruby Ridge.

Last edited:
I am watching a documentary on the Oklahoma City bombing. I never really dipped into the details of this case. As soon as it happened the media and government said it was almost certainly an attack from the Middle East. It had "Middle East written all over it" as somebody said. That was the initial narrative. Then somebody said look at the date. And people were like "What? What does that have to do with anything?" It was the anniversary of Waco. This was after they raided apartments of Arabs.

McVeigh, Bin Laden and his crew and Unabomber were all symbolic in what they did. Investigators thought that Unabomber randomly killed people. He was targeting a wide variety of fields that are involved in technology. You can see his ideology in his attacks. They couldn't connect the dots though.

This has become like a "today i learned" thread for me.

I am watching Waco next. Don't know the full story on that either. Already watched Ruby Ridge.

Recommend you read Gore Vidal's take on Timothy McVeigh and what he did. Very interesting.

Regardless, the way Waco was handled by the ATF was reprehensible.

Mike Perry sucks huh? Nothing more than a brawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back