• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

War Room Lounge v80: It's gigantic, but will it fill that gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See , that's what I dont get...

I mean, I can appreciate Starry Night by van Gogh's, statue of david, Sistine chapel, the mona lisa etc...but jesus fuck...

That painting I posted earlier is THREE FUCKING STRIPES!!
Ever seen it in person? Rothko stuff is pretty stunning in person, it just doesn’t translate to a screen or photo so well imo.

Even stuff like Dali’s Hallucinogenic Toreador or Last Supper, which do translate well enough, look 1000x better and more impressive in person.

I'd take an original Roscoe over a Rothko anyday

il_794xN.1150246145_po64.jpg
I fucking hate Rothko

Ever seen it in person? Rothko stuff is pretty stunning in person, it just doesn’t translate to a screen or photo so well imo.

Even stuff like Dali’s Hallucinogenic Toreador or Last Supper, which do translate well enough, look 1000x better and more impressive in person.

I have seen it in person.

I wasn't impressed then, and I'm not impressed now.

But then, I've always believed that art in the West went loopy in the early 20th century, largely as a reaction to WWI, and it hasn't recovered since.

Brave thing to admit.

Even braver when you transcend into The Nexus my wonderful being.... Your cortex will gorge with delight....

I never quite understood art...or the appeal of it

Went to an art gallery last night and there were there odd pieces of sculpture (which were kind of cool) but were being sold from 300 to 500.

I can teach you to see the prisms of such dimensions Mr. Logical.... Not only will you be able to see it, but you will feel it as well...

I had an art teacher get real mad at me once for calling Damien Hirst a total can
Pretty sure she held a grudge over that for the rest of the class

I had an art teacher get real mad at me once for calling Damien Hirst a total can
Pretty sure she held a grudge over that for the rest of the class
I thought Warhol was the can?

I went to a Warhol exhibit a couple years ago and I gotta say, it was pretty outstanding. Also, I didn't realize how huge the soup cans actually are.

If there is a night for WRers to be jump into a heavies play by play thread, this could be it. Who’s with me?

If there is a night for WRers to be jump into a heavies play by play thread, this could be it. Who’s with me?

I was actually thinking of watching this card but I wake and baked this morning and I'm currently day drinking so I'm not sure if I'll make it to the fights

See , that's what I dont get...

I mean, I can appreciate Starry Night by van Gogh's, statue of david, Sistine chapel, the mona lisa etc...but jesus fuck...

That painting I posted earlier is THREE FUCKING STRIPES!!

Yea, art like that is one of the times where I think maybe rich people have too much money.

I was actually thinking of watching this card but I wake and baked this morning and I'm currently day drinking so I'm not sure if I'll make it to the fights

Your gonna be out before 10/11pm?

source.gif

so glad main card starts at 2am for me, i'm knackered already there's no way i'd make it on a 5am start

hopefully prelims don't put me to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back