War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
028michaelbisping_large_huge.jpg

I do believe that that is before his eye got knocked retarded. I still remember how good Rashad looked that night. Easily one of his best performances.
Yeah, Rashad was a hell of a fighter. It went downhill after his bad Machida loss. Not that he didn't fight well after that but he wasn't the same. Too tentative.

Yeah, Rashad was a hell of a fighter. It went downhill after his bad Machida loss. Not that he didn't fight well after that but he wasn't the same. Too tentative.
Yeah, the Lil Nog fight is probably the best example of this. He never actually engaged the entire fight. It was baffling.

Yeah, the Lil Nog fight is probably the best example of this. He never actually engaged the entire fight. It was baffling.
Hard to get in his head, but I would guess he had the KO in the back of his mind. It's embarrassing and he may have been hesitant in that fight because he was worried about ending up in more Shadface GIFs.

Any leftists want to do an account bet for GSP v Bisping?

Must be an established member of the WR with at least an equivalent join date but im somewhat flexible depending on the poster.

I've got bisping winning.

GSP is going to be landing his jab at will(unless he's shot athletically). He's going to knock Bisping's eye straight again.
I know his jab is excellent, but part of the reason it's so effective is the TD threat. He needs another dimension imo.

Y'all mofos should watch some of this and let me know what you think.

Also I'll be in Kansas and Arkansas next month, New Orleans and likely Missouri in December, Denver so far in January and NYC in February so come out and drink with me.

Those are definitely the *kinds* of strikers who would be more trouble for Bisping (you can take him out of his game by not giving him space and his defense is poor), but note that Bisping has an extremely strong preference for having his front foot on the outside before engaging, and GSP at his best would be able to prevent that. It doesn't seem to me that Bisping gets there because he's super fast or efficient with his footwork. Plus GSP's jab could be a real factor there. If Bisping were to beat a good version of GSP, it might be just by outhustling him, like throwing a lot more strikes and landing a similar amount, and convincing the judges that he won three rounds. But of course, GSP might have slowed down a lot, or he might get KO'd. If he can't at least establish the TD threat, he could be in trouble.

Bottom line, I think that if GSP were at his best, Bisping would still be a bad style matchup, but the difference in levels would be too much, and he'd win. But since we don't know what to expect from him, he can definitely lose.

Oh yeah. I'm excited to see GSP back in the octagon in a title fight at 185, but it's kind of a freak show thing. CG vs. TJD is a legitimately great fight. Like a Pride (or NJPW) show in that there's kind of a different main event for hardcore fans and for more casual ones.

Most champions go out with a clear loss, way earlier in their reigns than he did. And he fought like a damned warrior in that, even if he arguably didn't deserve the decision (I had it for Hendricks, but it could have gone either way).

I'd call him a "puss" (not really, but I'd entertain the idea) if he were afraid to have his own arm broken. Not wanting to break someone else's arm isn't something to criticize him for (not necessarily accurate anyway--he wanted the finish). Mir was really dangerous when he had the edge, but tended to fold when he was in trouble. That's more puss-like, IMO.

I like how you make being a sore loser sound like something to admire.

Yeah, that is true. Mir is like Ronda that way. They both will snap your arm off but don't have mental strength or composure. So yeah, they are weak in that way. Lesnar really got to Mir. Did the same to Hunt. Lesnar makes people lose their minds.

I know his jab is excellent, but part of the reason it's so effective is the TD threat. He needs another dimension imo.

I think if GSP can consistently land or seriously threaten TDs against Bisping, he fucks him up (he takes ze muh-ney). If not, maybe he still wins. But he was looking to be in decline before his retirement, and after four years on the shelf, who knows what he has left?

Gun to my head, at this point, I pick Bisping. And, man, Bisping having wins over GSP and Silva is like Mir having wins over Nog and CroCop.

I think if GSP can consistently land or seriously threaten TDs against Bisping, he fucks him up (he takes ze muh-ney). If not, maybe he still wins. But he was looking to be in decline before his retirement, and after four years on the shelf, who knows what he has left?

Gun to my head, at this point, I pick Bisping. And, man, Bisping having wins over GSP and Silva is like Mir having wins over Nog and CroCop.
Fedor/Mir looms.

I have to think that four years off, and being four years further from his physical prime, is going to show and GSP knows it. I don't see him planning on outstriking Bisping for five rounds, that would take more timing, quickness, and maybe cardio than I think he has left. His great power double leg takedowns might have survived the layoff and aging pretty well, so I'm guessing that he's counting on being able to get Bisping down, where he can probably keep him down and ride out a decision GSP style.

Y'all mofos should watch some of this and let me know what you think.

Also I'll be in Kansas and Arkansas next month, New Orleans and likely Missouri in December, Denver so far in January and NYC in February so come out and drink with me.

You're pretty good.

I think that's why I'm not nearly as excited for this fight as it seems like I should be. GSP coming back for a MW superfight? And it's not exciting? Weird.

You're pretty good.

tenor.gif

I'm not bad. It's all a process and it's going pretty well.

I was sad @RhinoRush got banned, dude was talking mad shit about me and my stand up leading up to my headliner show saying he didn't believe I had a following and shit. Wanted him to catch that intro lol.

Bonus clip, it's hard to hear if you're on a phone but here's me roasting a dude so bad that people in the audience were waving napkins as a white flag during a huge roast battle I won.

Host: You're beating his ass.
Me: If you were that late getting to the stage, how late are you at paying child support.

I beat my hero Gerald Harris in that roast battle, did you guys see his retirement fight where he slammed the dude and snapped his arm? Still can't believe he didn't get resigned to the UFC. Dana White on that bullshit.

I'm performing on his birthday show this Sunday to a sold out crowd, hands down one of the nicest people I've ever met. Dana White really fucked him over after cutting him when he was 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back