Was Emin going to fight in the UFC?

Was Emin going to fight in the UFC?

873163ea39b6336aaccd7bd8d407e3aa.602x602x1.jpg

27622661.jpg
His debut opponent?
QnE5z9.gif

Finally, I can't help but notice that in the 25 years since I trained with Sifu Emin, and in the age of Youtube, I have yet to see a video of anyone getting the better of him. NOTHING! He was the WT bad boy that took on all challengers. And for the brief time I was around him, he was ready to go--anybody anytime. If you fucked with him, he would make you sorry. The fact is that Emin has made many many enemies, yet over the last twenty or so years when everybody has a camera everywhere always, there isn't a single video of Emin getting smacked. He might not be a figure for MMA fans, but he is still a big deal for WC/WT/VT kung fuers etc. The Kung Fu world is small, and if somebody could have beat Emin, they would have. They probably tried...but he is ready to go and like I said ....he will make you sorry.

I gotta say, I think it's admirable that you apparently created a sherdog account and resurrected a three year old dead thread to defend a man you trained with 30 years ago. He clearly left quite an impression on you and I really don't mean to insult him, or you by association. But, I stand by what I said previously. I don't think he really wanted to fight in the UFC, and I think he'd have lost badly if he had. But I would say the same about many traditional martial artists of the time because the vast majority of them were not prepared for a mixed-rules fight against a well-trained grappler.

And I think Jacqueline Bisset was still an attractive woman at 50 and I give him credit for having her on his arm.

I gotta say, I think it's admirable that you apparently created a sherdog account and resurrected a three year old dead thread to defend a man you trained with 30 years ago. He clearly left quite an impression on you and I really don't mean to insult him, or you by association. But, I stand by what I said previously. I don't think he really wanted to fight in the UFC, and I think he'd have lost badly if he had. But I would say the same about many traditional martial artists of the time because the vast majority of them were not prepared for a mixed-rules fight against a well-trained grappler.

And I think Jacqueline Bisset was still an attractive woman at 50 and I give him credit for having her on his arm.

Months later I am back... Yes, Emin left a huge impression on me.
I am in no way insulted by your comments. You raise reasonable issues...so..

Based on my conversations with Emin at the time, I know that:
  1. Emin was willing to fight Royce (or Rickson) at the time;
  2. He was wary of the UFC being 'fixed' by Rorian;
  3. He was focussed on the 'anti-grappling' lat sao curriculum
  4. He trained with a little with some BJJ guys (I wanna say it was Joe Moreira, but maybe a Machado).
  5. He was worried about his immigration statusHe was in the middle of applying for a Green Card in the Type 'O' (extraordinary athlete or entertainer) category.
  6. He was worried that his visa application could be denied or hampered
None of this is to say that Emin would have won a fight in the UFC.

But, as a guy that was there at the time. I think the real issue that kept him from fighting was his immigration status.

Months later I am back... Yes, Emin left a huge impression on me.
I am in no way insulted by your comments. You raise reasonable issues...so..

Based on my conversations with Emin at the time, I know that:
  1. Emin was willing to fight Royce (or Rickson) at the time;
  2. He was wary of the UFC being 'fixed' by Rorian;
  3. He was focussed on the 'anti-grappling' lat sao curriculum
  4. He trained with a little with some BJJ guys (I wanna say it was Joe Moreira, but maybe a Machado).
  5. He was worried about his immigration statusHe was in the middle of applying for a Green Card in the Type 'O' (extraordinary athlete or entertainer) category.
  6. He was worried that his visa application could be denied or hampered
None of this is to say that Emin would have won a fight in the UFC.

But, as a guy that was there at the time. I think the real issue that kept him from fighting was his immigration status.

Hey, fair enough. Thanks for disagreeing like a gentleman.

Back