International Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

• Total voters
Pedo Joe did a terrible job, and it's going to get worse there. Remember when Trump getting out was a terrible idea? Now it's okay because Pedo Joe and the dems want it. Truthfully, this is the worst pull out in the history of pull outs, maybe ever.

No

It was always one of his better ideas

Lord Miles would've handled Afghanistan better than our generals lol. Dude is some British student stuck in Afghanistan after taking a vacation there haha.

E83DZjpXsAIsQNQ

we left the country worse off than it was..
20 wasted years and trillions wasted on our bloated military while politicians and lobbyists got rich on american soldiers lives...

And now republicans are gonna act like we should’ve stayed another 40 years.

“Our allies can’t count on us”

They’ll say anything no matter how dumb it makes them sound

Last edited:
Well excuse me for having higher expectations than the shambles of embassy staff desperately burning flags and documents, the chaos the airport etc

Where have your standards been for the last 10 years? We shouldn't have been in that war a month longer than Bin Laden's death. Al-quaeda had already been decimated, Bin Laden killed. I've been saying we need to get out of the entire middle east since we finished the job.

We shouldn't be involved in ANY unnecessary and illegal military activities. We need to get out of Iraq and Syria and we should stop bombing Somalia, Iraq and Syria. These are countries that are incapable of attacking us. We need to stop letting our weapons industry bribe our politicians into endless wars and let these people govern themselves.

So we should have stayed forever then? Wars are always bipartisan excursions with the full love and support of a media that always bangs the war drums.

The fact that both parties take bribes in the form of campaign contributions from the military industrial complex and the same industry heavily sponsors our media is the reason this war was able to go on so long in the first place.

Giving your weapons industry too much political influence and control over your media is a recipe for absolute disaster.

Useful idiot

Word is China is planning to move in and take over nation building.
lol if true.
Russia tried for over two decades and failed.
US tried for two decades and failed.
But somehow China, with it's unparalleled determination, will succeed where the other two
global superpowers failed.
yea, I don't think so.

China has massive leverage over Pakistan, which gave sanctuary and help to the Afghan Taleban, and allowed the later to fight the coalition. China also doesn't fight with velvet gloves like the US .

Realistically China will just support whatever warlord and Taleban leader will support China's interests. They will get Pakistan to apply pressure on the Taleban to support China. China has told the Taleban not to support the Uyghurs, which I don't see the Taleban doing as that would invite the wrath of China and Pakistan, and besides why would the Taleban care what happens to the Uyghurs.

China has massive leverage over Pakistan, which gave sanctuary and help to the Afghan Taleban, and allowed the later to fight the coalition. China also doesn't fight with velvet gloves like the US .

Realistically China will just support whatever warlord and Taleban leader will support China's interests. They will get Pakistan to apply pressure on the Taleban to support China. China has told the Taleban not to support the Uyghurs, which I don't see the Taleban doing as that would invite the wrath of China and Pakistan, and besides why would the Taleban care what happens to the Uyghurs.
<mma4>

Chinese Media Threaten Taiwan after Kabul Debacle: ‘The Island’s Defense Will Collapse in Hours’
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-media-threaten-taiwan-kabul-222927241.html

An editorial by the Global Times, a Chinese state-run outlet, took aim at Taiwan’s ruling Democratic Progressive Party and President Tsai Ing-wen.

“From what happened in Afghanistan, [the DPP] should perceive that once a war breaks out in the Straits, the island’s defense will collapse in hours and the US military won’t come to help,” the editorial states. “As a result, the DPP authorities will quickly surrender, while some high-level officials may flee by plane.”

--

China , and no doubt many others nations and groups, are emboldened.

Another reason why signing that withdrawl agreement was a very very bad idea. And Biden's lack of action made things worse. Biden's brain having checked out, American allies will not feel confident going along with the US.

Last edited:
Useful idiot

Brilliant retort. Care to discuss in which point I am incorrect?

Our weapons industry does bribe both sides of the political aisle. Visit opensecrets.org for further details.

Our media is sponsored by weapons manufacturers, unless you think that the average CNN watcher is in the market for a Boeing 747.

Our media reads state department press releases uncritically on the news as if there was no chance the information was false. You remember the last war our media didn't support? Neither do I. Even the ridiculous WMD claims were presented uncritically unanimously among our media. Phil Donahue and Jesse Ventura were fired from MSNBC because they refused to do pro-war propaganda for the invasion of Iraq.

The useful idiots are the ones who support every unnecessary and illegal war and then call them mistakes 10 years later.....and then continue to say we should remain there.

Last edited:
This video is a good showcase for why the Afghan "government" troops folded like a cheap suit: They're retarded, helpless and lack initiative, untrainable, high on drugs half of the time and it's a just a gig for them - they never believed in the cause.

I talked with my brother today about the Afgan military. Basically said the same thing, stupid, uneducated, don't care, and always high on drugs. He said at best they were just decoys. I asked him if he was surprised that the afgan military folded, "nope".

It is a lost cause at this point. Very sad for the people in Afghanistan. Hopefully some can seek refuge elsewhere.

A trillion dollars was spent and here we are again; back where we started. I agree with Biden on his point that Afghanistan must stand on its own feet. What the future holds we will see.

Back