Was Zhang/Rose an early stoppage?

I thought she was still defending too, but when looking at the replay I saw Weili's left arm go limp when Rose's first hammerfist lands. To me, it was a fair stoppage at that point. You know Dana was already itching for a rematch during the after fight presser.

Her arm doesn’t go limp, Rose is holding her arm down so she can’t block the punches. She only gets hit twice and the ref stops it. Definitely an early stoppage especially in a title fight.

Blank expression, face down, arms limp, not defending = good stoppage.

Back to the drawing board, Willy Jong!

EDIT: OH, and wobbling around for minutes after the fight

It was an abrupt stoppage, but justified. Weilli if she wasn't completely limp, was getting closer and closer with each unanswered hammer fist that she wasn't really reacting too. And then to top it off when she did try and immediately protest would have fallen straight backwards again had the ref not held her up. She was clearly extremely compromised.

yes, was a quick stoppage, but rematch will see her get the belt back.

I dont understand why the ufc has returned to interviewing fighters who were just knocked out. They'd stopped doing so after Overeem vs Stipe, I believe.

It wasn't the UFC. Joe Rogan made a big fuss about how he would never again interview a KOed fighter. Then I guess he decided he was going to again.

She was still stumbling around minutes later. People are stupid.

thank you! this is what i keep fucking saying all last night and we still see threads like this one. sheesh, folks, use your frickn eyeballs!

I am by no means one to bow to the Just Bleed gods but in watching the replay Rose knocks her down with the kick but it looked as if Zhang was getting up rather quickly and lucidly before getting hit with the two hammerfists which it looked like she was still defending. I want to add that I haven't rewatched this morning and am only going off my reaction of watching it in the post fight replay.

....it looked like she was still defending? Wtf fella. I thought it might have been early but then replay confirmed that I was wrong. Look at Zhang's eyes while she was moving before the hammer fist, and then of course after the 2nd or 3rd hammer fist she literally goes completely limp. I understand not

Zhang was only pissed until she caught the replay.

She went limp on the last hammer fist & didn’t move for about a second after the ref stopped it. If you think it was early, you were probably rooting for Zhang.

Her arm doesn’t go limp, Rose is holding her arm down so she can’t block the punches. She only gets hit twice and the ref stops it. Definitely an early stoppage especially in a title fight.
Lol her eyes go from 1000 yard stare to closed as her head drops down and her legs go limp. Couple that with her stuming for the next few minutes. Wtf is happening here today? That's about as perfect of a stoppage as possible. Not early, not late, Perfect

Did everyone not see her stumbling around for a good while? She was undoubtedly done.
She was undoubtedly wobbled

Did everyone see masvidal doing that? Oh no, we didny because he was knocked OUT.

Seriously, fuck this place, sometimes.

the ref, WHO WAS RIGHT THERE, who is a trained pro ref, told Bruce Buffer to announce a KNOCK OUT STOPPAGE, the record books show exactly that.

my own eyes saw Zhang lifeless as Rose lands 2 hammerfists, but still some dumbasses claim EARLY STOPPAGE.

Lord, give me strength

Seriously, fuck this place, sometimes.

the ref, WHO WAS RIGHT THERE, who is a trained pro ref, told Bruce Buffer to announce a KNOCK OUT STOPPAGE, the record books show exactly that.

my own eyes saw Zhang lifeless as Rose lands 2 hammerfists, but still some dumbasses claim EARLY STOPPAGE.

Lord, give me strength

Masvidal was a knockout, this definitely wasnt. You dont immediately stand up and protest after a knockout, because you are knocked out. She was hurt bad, but she easily could have survived the gnp considering ts a 100lb female pillow fisted Rose thats punching her.

you can tell it was early by the way she was stumbling all over the cage for a minute afterwards, definitely capable of intelligently defending herself

Back