watched lil nog vs shogun 1 for the first time

Natural WW.

pfc-0508-wi-arona-silva.jpg

Did you just say Arona was undersized for the division...

32354.jpg

He's one of the biggest LHWs in history.

And if washed up Shogun can go the distance with prime Gus I think prime Shogun would finish him. And Rumble quits every time he loses. I think Shogun would beat him too. Jones and DC are different stories.
arona actually went on record saying he doesn't cut weight at all. he actually walked around at 93kg.

even though the fight was awesome, I couldn't help but think about just how overrated "prime gp shogun" really is.

I mean, supposedly this guy was a better striker than gus, rumble, and jones. but he was throwing the same wild looping hooks that he threw in his slugfests with hendo. he was just faster and had a better chin back then. very hittable as well, lil nog was a good boxer but not great. shogun was a more athletic version of wand, they had the same fighting style. wild and relied on chin.

I think gus, jones, rumble, dc beat any version of shogun to be honest. arona was a very one dimensional guy that was undersized for the division.

Shogun was a pup in Pride...just a kid.

arona actually went on record saying he doesn't cut weight at all. he actually walked around at 93kg.

I did actually read that. I don't believe it at all. My eyes tell me he was a monster LHW. He dwarfed roided Wand. If Rumble said he never cut weight for WW it wouldn't be taken seriously. But it was interesting to read that.

Back