Watching the GSP vs Hendricks fight

1-3-5 GSP.

I give him round 1 because of the submission attempt

A very close fight between a roided Hendricks and a GSP who already had one foot out of the sport and was already talking about retiring before the actual fight

I remember clearly back in 2013 all the GSP fans saying that attempting the guillotine on Hendricks is what won him the first round because he was just oh so close to finishing the fight.

It was a head scratching grasping at straws moment for sure for that fan base.

Same posters will claim how Cory won the fight vs TJ as well based on the same shit people say about Hendricks beating GSP.

Never seen the fight untill now and i watched it on mute, first of it was a very close fight so no robbery here.
I give Hendricks the rounds 1,2 and 4 and GSP rounds 3 and 5.

48-47 Hendricks. Very good fight, the 25 minutes just flew by.

How did you score it?
QfchG9L.jpeg

1,3,5 GSP.

Hendricks coasted through 5 thinking he already banked 3 rounds. Very stupid choice, and his corner should have told him it could be tied after 4. He only has himself to blame for losing that fight, imo.

1,3,5 GSP. 4 of the rounds are objectively obvious: 2 and 4 for Hendricks and 3 and 5 for GSP.

The subjective round is round 1. I scored it for GSP. GSP won and I won some money that night and I was confident I would win before the decision was announced.

I watched it live and thoought GSP won three rounds. Hendricks coasted late. I thought Hendricks might rule the division after GSP retired. Instead he was spent

I believe USADA showed up right when Hendricks was peaking, and suddenly he well apart right afterward.

It really does come down to how you score the 1st round because the others are clear as day. The problem is that round is super close. But I had Hendricks winning because he beat GSP so badly in the rounds he did win.

Bruises easily..

Someone who gets the shit beat out of them don't get their hand raised at the end of a fight. You just salty.
Out here pretending that mma judges never get it wrong….

No matter what take you have on the fight, that’s a super dumb argument.

If the fight is really close, then look at damage. GSP after Hendricks fight;

Em93hX5XEAIr0Wx.jpg

GSP took much more damage than Hendricks, he lost.

You literally don’t judge a whole fight on the damage done in 2 rounds. They still only counted as 10-9 rounds. Read the scoring criteria as it was applied at the time of the fight. Hendricks won rounds 2, and 4 conclusively. The damage inflicted doesn’t count for rounds 1,3, and 5 though.

Too many of you simply don’t grasp the 10 point must scoring system. Not to mention the fact you totally disregard the fact that GSP was one of the most easily bruised/cut fighters in the UFC. He took damage in some of his 50-45 wins. That doesn’t mean he lost those fights.

Hating someone doesn’t mean they lost any given close fight.

You guys are lame, arguing about who won a close fight from ten years ago.

Hendricks won clear as day. I honestly don't know how you can watch that fight and think GSP was the superior fighter that night.
So how did you score it? How was it clear as day? Round 2 & 4 seem to be clearly Hendricks. 3 & 5 clearly GSP. Look a little closer however.

Round 2: 30-28 in sig strikes for Hendricks. No TDs for either. Close but a 10-9 Johnny
Round 4: 18-14 in sig strikes for Hendricks. No TDs but 2:07 of top control vs :25 for Johnny. Clear 10-9 for Johnny.

Round 3: 31-15 in sig strikes. 1 TD for Johnny with :38 control time (no control or damage means TD doesn't matter). Double the strikes for GSP so far and away a 10-9 GSP.
Round 5: 9-4 in Sig strikes for GSP. 2 TDs for GSP. 1:54 control time for GSP with 1:07 control time for Johnny.
GSP won his 2 rounds far more dominantly then Johnny's 2 rounds which were very close relatively speaking. Hypothetically speaking if you had to revise 1 round from 10-9 to 10-8 for being the most dominant it has to be round 3.

Deciding round was Round 1: 19-18 sig strikes for GSP. 1 TD each. :33 control for GSP and :59 for Hendricks. 1 Submission attempt for GSP. Razor close round so more then fair to go to either fighter.

How is that Clear as Day for Hendricks? Please explain using the SCORING CRITERIA and not a "Look at his face" or a picture.

Imagine using a post fight picture as your sole means, and argument for judging who won a fight? Does it honestly get anymore casual than that?

Lmao.

It's always amazing how many people here still don't understand that fights aren't judged by who has the most bruises afterwards

But that's the argument you default to when you know you can't justify it any other way

Close fight but irrelevant because Johny was clearly on the juice, evidenced by him refusing to drug test and falling entirely off the map after USADA

GSP 48-47 or Hendricks 48-47 are fair scores.

Anything else = you don't know what you're watching.

The most overblown alleged "robbery" possibly ever lol

Back