Television Watching The Sopranos for the first time…

Greatest show of all time. My av agrees. I wish I could erase that part of my memory so O could watch it again for the first time.

I loved them in the freezing cold van....lol.

Also this gem

Paulie: As for bears, get rid of em all I say. They had their time and now we have ours. That’s why dinosaurs don’t exist no more.

Feech’s girlfriend: I thought it was a meteor.

Paulie: They’re all meat-eaters.

Chris: METEOR! Meteor!

Paulie: Take it easy.

Truly dont get the hype.

Super weak final season and one of the worst final episodes ever.

A lot of story lines left abandoned throughtout the entire show with no conclusion.

AJ being one of the most annoying little cunts I have ever seen

Dream sequences can just fuck off.

Overall 5/10

upload_2023-11-10_7-9-40.png

The Sopranos is an all-time great show. The simpletons think Breaking Bad is the greatest, which is comical. They need things to blow up and have shootouts every episode to keep their attention attention.

The Sopranos
The Wire
Mad Men
The Americans
Boardwalk Empire

Now these are some of the best shows ever. I don’t mean mini-series, I mean just from start to finish, it was compelling and damn good throughout its run.

The Sopranos is an all-time great show. The simpletons think Breaking Bad is the greatest, which is comical. They need things to blow up and have shootouts every episode to keep their attention attention.

The Sopranos
The Wire
Mad Men
The Americans
Boardwalk Empire

Now these are some of the best shows ever. I don’t mean mini-series, I mean just from start to finish, it was compelling and damn good throughout its run.

The Shield not in your list?

Amazing show until Gandolfini became a name and warned the producers not to kill important characters.

Greatest series of all time imo

hard to believe i started it about 3 times before it grabbed me

Carmine Jr. being a complete fucking dumbass is one of the funniest things to me after a few watchthroughs, the way he tries to talk all dignified and has no idea how to use the words he's trying to use, the scene where he pisses Phil off by bringing up his brother getting wacked at the sit down(Whatever happened there?). The character is comedy gold that I somehow missed the first few times around.

Great show terrible ending.

I actually didn't mind the ending.

I don't think we should have to use spoiler tags for a show that's been done for like 15 years but OP did say he just started watching it.

t was basically like we as the viewers just shut off from watching the show but it was still just going on as normal.

I didn't mind the end end but I didn't like the last few episodes when Tony was battling with Phil and New York and his wholeI crew got owned. It's like they didn't nkow how to end it so just started kiling everyone off

We are to assume Tony is killed right? And Silvio probably stays in a coma until he dies? I bet Paulie went to work for the New York mob

The Sopranos
The Wire
Mad Men
The Americans
Boardwalk Empire

Boardwalk really went downhill when they killed Jimmy off. He was the best part of that show by a mile. First 2 seasons way better than the last 2 but I did really like the show.

I only got to watching it 2 years back.
I had tried a few times and not gotten past the first few eps.

Very enjoyable show.
Has some very annoying characters.

Worst finale ever. Made me angry.

Some very hot women in it too.

I like how it how delicately handles the social issues of our time like Janice’s failed relationships due to domestic violence, Vito’s confused sexuality, Johnny Sack’s emotions and Phil Leotardo’s coming out of the closet.

A+ show.

Just rewatched the show for the first time in years, and yep, it's great. The season 4 finale, Whitecaps, is probably my favourite episode. Edie Falco is chefs kiss in that episode, wow. A little bit out of left field, but Svetlana, the one legged russian, is probably one of my favourite characters. She's the only one that doesn't put up with any bullshit from Janice and Tony and doesn't need anything from anyone.

Thought season 6 was depressing to watch though, considering the shape Gandolfini was in barely able to breathe or move.

I like how it how delicately handles the social issues of our time like Janice’s failed relationships due to domestic violence, Vito’s confused sexuality, Johnny Sack’s emotions and Phil Leotardo’s coming out of the closet.

A+ show.
Phil coming out of the closet? What?

have you tried to rewatch the wire lately though? Feels very dated now compared to rewatching the Sopranos to me. Sopranos and Breaking Bad top my charts.

Probably like 7 years or so since my last complete run through. Didn't find it to be dated so what makes you say that?

Back